The plan

Not Another Fairytale

 

“You’re not going to marry her!” The King growls, pacing around the room while rubbing his temple. Myungsoo clenches his fist with his head duck down.

“I don’t need your permission Dad. She’s my girlfriend and I will marry her” he protests with his voice flat. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that!” His father pointed a finger at him, feeling his blood boiling. “I’m warning you. Marry her and you’re done with this family and don't ever step a foot in my company” His father finishes and walks away.

Myungsoo held his head, clenching his jaw and breathing heavily. He wants to punch someone. His face was contorted in fury. How can his father do this to him? How can he not support his son?

Kim Myungsoo, second son of the King. Yes, that's him.. A prince and all people in town love him. It was great, totally awesome.. But for Myungsoo, it was a tiring obligation. To remain in his power, a prince like him must avoid the hatred of his people. He must reach everyone’s expectations in order to gain their support. He has to be perfect as much as possible.

Sometimes, he wants to live normal. He wants to walk down the streets without anyone watching his every action. He wants to cross the road without anyone noticing him. Because everyone in this world wants some freedom even for a while.. Even for a prince like him.

Myungsoo looks up, he took a deep breath and faces his assistant with a stern look. *For a while, let me break the rules* he thought. And just like that, a stupid plan entered his stressed mind. “Find a girl who can reach the King’s standard” he orders firmly and walks away. His assistant, Taemin groans and ruffles his hair frustratingly. He hates his job.

--

“You have to listen to Dad. He’s the King and we can’t go against his plans” Woohyun advised as he sat on the table. Myungsoo exhales exasperatedly. “We’re an adult hyung. We can make our own decision!” He protests.

“Aren’t you tired of all this, hyung?” He asks with his eyebrows furrowed and Woohyun smiles. “That question isn’t suitable for a prince like us Myungsoo” he chuckles and patted his younger brother’s shoulder.

“Why would I get tired when this is the life I have to live?” Woohyun grins and Myungsoo gave him a confused look. “By the way, Taemin is already outside. I think it’s important” He says and waves his hand coolly before pushing Myungsoo out of his room.

 

“This is Kim Seohyun, daughter of the president” Taemin points at the computer screen as Myungsoo peeks at it. He shook his head. “Next”

“This one is Ji Eun, a great singer. Everyone loves her” Taemin smiles dreamily while clasping his hands together. “Nah.. I want an ordinary yet unique girl” Myungsoo states while taping the desk with his fingers.

It took them good amount of time searching for a girl but none of them has caught the prince’s eyes. It’s either the girl didn’t came from a respected family or her personality is really bad. Myungsoo wants to give up, but this is the only plan he can come up with.

“Wait Master L. Can you atleast tell me what are you planning? Enlighten me. Go on.” Taemin begs and twiddles his hands. Myungsoo puts his hands inside his pocket and sighs. “Are you actually trying to ask them for a help and maybe hire them to be your wife?” Taemin asks, squinting his eyes at his master.

“well.. Yeah. Wait! How’d you know?”

“eh… Let’s just say that I read too much novels” Taemin winks and grinned. He frowns afterwards. “But master! This is real world! You think a fine lady can play such games with you?!” He suddenly asks, his voice high and Myungsoo had to step back. “No. Absolutely not! They are smart” Taemin shrieks.

“What are you trying to say?”

“What I mean is.. this plan of yours will never work..” Taemin sighs and puffed his cheeks. Myungsoo groans and halted. Something must have caught his eyes.

“wait.. Let me see that girl in number 16” he orders while pointing at the screen and Taemin obliged. He clicks the picture of a girl with a delicate smile plastered on her beautiful face. She looks so nice and vulnerable. “Who is she?”

Park Hee Rin. Daughter of the country’s Ambassador. Her family isn’t rich but they were highly respected” Taemin states and crosses his arms over his chest. “What else?” Myungsoo asks, not taking his eyes off the picture.

“She’s a college student, majoring in arts. She’s not that popular, but she did receive many awards from her wonderful paintings” Taemin states with a nod.

“Print this out and cancel all my schedules next week” Myungsoo orders as he straightens up.

“Park Hee Rin.. I'll meet you soon” He smirks to himself.

“Sir. I’m warning you. This isn’t a joke! And what about Miss Min Ae? She’ll be angry about this for sure” Taemin panics and was pacing the room back and forth.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walk towards the door but before he could step out, he spun around and faces his assistant, Taemin. “I am doing this for Min Ae” He says firmly before disappearing.