Nowhere To Turn

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Yoon Ah woke up at 6am and realized she had nothing to do until her martial arts lessons. She didn’t even have to bring YG lunch, since he was busy with the boys. She could probably sleep more, if she wanted. She hadn’t gotten a full night’s sleep in a long time. However, that felt wasteful. The boys wouldn’t be getting a full night’s sleep. Maybe a jog? Yea, she hadn’t exercised in a while. She had too busy running back and forth for the boys. .

Yoon Ah got up, made herself a light breakfast, and then went for a jog. Headphones wrapped her in a world of music, so she ran and ran and ran. She ran until there was no breath left in her lungs, until her legs burned and begged for mercy. She ran across a small café and stopped for a quick coffee and to regain her breath. Then, she ran home.

She stepped into her home and all, but collapsed. On her knees, she gasped for air. There were still so many hours to fill. What could she do? Looking at the floor, she saw an envelope with her name on it. She closed the door and opened it, on her couch. Inside, there was a ticket to Se7en’s debut and a letter.

‘Song bird,
I know you’re trying to fill the hours, today.  Why don’t you take the day off? You’ve been working day and night for three years without a single day to yourself. Go to a spa. Go to a park. Do something fun. You’re still a kid, don’t forget. As for the rest of the time,why don’t you train? You can dance and play your instruments. You’re a better dancer than most of the boys anyway. They’ll be training day and night. If you don’t practice too, then how are you going to keep up?  I think I saw a guitar tucked in a closet. You could also tune that other instrument you have. I know you want to. Don’t ever stop moving forward. Don’t forget that you need to know yourself. Take the time off to find yourself.
Be good to yourself for once.
Se7en


PS. You better be at my concert!’

She laughed and re-folded the letter. He was such an idiot. He was always telling her what to do, but that didn’t bother her. People were always telling her what to do. What bothered her was that he was always right. Too smart and too handsome for his own good, that one.

She went to martial arts, but found no joy in it today. Today, they were just motions. There was no life in her eyes. She was still feeling the loss, all the losses. She knew it wasn’t forever. She knew that eventually, they would be back. She knew that eventually things would be better. That didn’t stop minutes from feeling like days in the silence.

She showered and changed and went to the spa for the day. She had never been to one and ended up walking around, confused and feeling very alone. She had finally found her way to the sauna when someone shouted her name. “Yoon Ah!” They shouted and she spun on her heels, taking a defensive stance. “It is you!  Yoon Ah, champion of the people!” The voice called as something flew at her.

She realized it was a girl after a moment and relaxed. Yoon Ah soon regretted that decision as she was bowled to the ground. The girl hugged her for a minute befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter