Long Night in the Hospital

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoon Ah woke up and sighed a little. She was cold again. Was the afterlife cold? She wanted to open her eyes, but they felt heavy. For the moment, she just wanted to lay there and relax. “Yoon Ah! You wake up right now!” Someone called and then slapped her across her face. She shot up to hit them, but curled up in a ball of pain. She howled and saw stars. “Yoon Ah! You’re awake!” she shouted, suddenly. Yoon Ah’s head snapped to Han Byul and covered suddenly. The girl’s voice was normally comforting, but now it was cracking her skull in half.

“Park Han Byul, if you say one more word and I will snap your neck like a ing chicken.” Yoon Ah hissed and Han Byul nodded, quickly. She let go of Han Byul’s mouth and the girl ran out of the room. Yoon Ah collapsed back onto the bed and sighed. She had probably scared the girl off for good. It wasn’t that often that she snapped in front of Han Byul, but when she did, it always terrified the girl.

Where was she? Everything was white and it smelled like disinfectant. She suddenly heard beeping and looked at the machines next to her. She must be in the hospital. That would explain the bandages and tubes sticking out of her. It would also explain why she wasn’t dead.

She wasn’t dead.

SHE WAN’T DEAD!

She squealed suddenly, realizing that was still alive. The door to her hospital room slammed open and she jumped a little. YG came in first, looking like he had come from the brink of death himself. All the important people in her life followed him in and she smiled. “Are you alright, Yoon Ah?” He asked, running to her side and taking her hand. She nodded, as Seungri sat her bed into a sitting position. She tried not to groan as she pressed the morphine button

Seven was standing by the door when she looked up at him and tried to smile at him. “I told you to stay in!” Seven yelled at her and she turned away from him. “What the hell did you think you were doing?”    He roared and Seungri and Daesung stood between the two of them.

“They shot that boy!” She roared back and Seven stopped. “I went out to get some damn vegetables, so you wouldn’t be eating ramen and side dishes. I was going to let it go, but they shot that boy.” She said, glaring at him.” He is working nights to get through high school because he is a good, sweet boy. I could not let that go.” She said, clutching her chest from the pain.

“You didn’t have to do anything. You could have called an ambulance afterwards.” Seven said and she was ready to bite his head off. Not only was she in pain, but she had almost died. She was not in the mood for a lecture. She was not in the mood to be yelled at.

 “This is who I am! I don’t let things like that slide!” She said and started coughing up blood. “Han Byul, please.” She asked and Han Byul led Seven out of the room. She leaned back on the pillows and closed her eyes for a moment. She could hardly breathe and yelling had probably been a bad idea. “Did they tell you what happened?” She asked, wiping with her hand.

Seungri brought her some tissues and she wiped her face and hand with her head down. She tried to hide behind her hair, but G Dragon pulled it out of her face, checking on her. He took the tissue from her and wiped the edge of . This was devastatingly embarrassing. She was glad everyone was there for her, but she kind of also wished they’d leave. No one had ever seen her this weak before.

“You got shot in the chest, but a couple stitches fixed that. The other one didn’t hit anything, so you’re okay. You got a ton of stitches and stuff. You’ll be okay. We’ll take care of you.” G Dragon said, sitting next to her on the bed. She coughed a little and felt her chest, wondering how bad the scar would be.

“Don’t worry. We have the best doctors here. We’ll have a guy here tomorrow to prevent any scarring or anything. They’ll be here at nine.” YG said and she laughed, waving her hand.

“You don’t have to do that. I’ll be alright.” She said to YG, smiling. Of course she didn’t want a scar, but it seemed like an expensive and unnecessary procedure. YG waved her off and shook his head. “You don’t have to take care of me. You guys have things to do. You’re working on your album and you have shows.” It was really hard not to show how much pain she was in.

“We talked about this.” TOP said, softly and she bit her lip. Maybe this one time, she could ask for help. It wouldn’t be entirely uncalled for. “Do we need to have this discussion again?” He asked and she shook her head. Taeyang sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed her legs gently.

“You’re going to have to come home with us tomorrow, after the doctor sees you.” He said and she laid back on the bed, sighing. It didn’t seem like she was going to win this one.

“Isn’t this technically Dong Wook’s job since he’s my boyfriend?” She asked and they all just starred at her like she had gone insane. YG got up and went outside for a moment, while she sat there nervous and in pain. She tried to shift again, but moved wrong and pulled on something. She bit her lip hard and hissed. Daesung ran to her side and started fixing her pillows. She shook her head and sighed. She’d be out of work for at least two weeks, if not longer. It was probably a good thing that she had saved up a little for a rainy day.

YG came back into the room, frowning. “He says he doesn’t know what he wants to do. He’s angry and hurt right now. He’s taking Han Byul home and coming back in the morning.” YG said and she lowered her head. He could make her feel bad about almost anything, but she refused to feel bad about this. She had done the right thing. She knew she did.

Daesung started rubbing her shoulders and she looked up at him. “It’s alright, we’ll take care of you, even if Seven decides to be mean.” He said, grinning and she nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder. After a little bit, she started to relax and smiled a little.

She was still nearly blind with pain half the time, but at least when they were there to comfort her. She was suddenly feeling tired again.

“I think I need to get some more sleep. You guys should head on home.” She said, shifting back to the bed. The morphine was working, but it only numbed the pain. She started to twist her head against the pillow because her body felt too tight and her chest hurt. She started to whimper a little and caught herself. She didn’t want them to hear her hurting.

Taeyang leaned forward from the edge of the bed and grabbed her hand. “Where does it hurt? Do you need a doctor?” He asked and she shook her head. She could absolutely not give in. Maybe her brain was just processing how much she was hurting, but she felt terrible suddenly. She couldn’t breathe properly. “Seungri, get the doctor.” He ordered and she was Seungri get up.

“Please, go home. You guys need to rest. You have a video shoot tomorrow.”  She said, catching her breath. Her body still hurt, so she closed her eyes, sighing.

“Stupid girl, we’re staying right here.” TOP said and she shook her head. The doctor came in and tried to rush everyone out. They all stood back against the wall and crossed their arms, clearly refusing. “We stay here.” He said, raising one eyebrow, The doctor shrinked back a little before pulling the blankets off of her.

The doctor jumped and she looked down, confused. When she saw the blood covering her shirt, she whimpered. “We need to take off your bandages.” The doctor said and her eyes went wide, looking at the boys along the wall. They looked at each other and shifted nervously. The doctor was just looking at her and her face twisted in anger. She understood why he was hesitant to talk to the boys again.

“Get me some water.” She demanded and they started shifting again. “Get out or I swear to god, I will stop cooking, for everyone!” She shrieked and they all jumped. They started falling over each other to get out the door. As they left, she started to cough again and covered to get hide the blood. The nurse handed her a tissue and she wiped again, laying back.

She laid back and they cut off her bandages and cleaned the blood off of her. They gave her a shot for the pain and she laid back, feeling light headed. They gave her several instructions and she nodded, smiling. She giggled as the placed the instructions next to her bed.

The boys walked back into the room and she giggled, greeting them. “Ji Yong!” She said, loudly as he came through the door and then covered with one finger. “I can’t yell anymore, or I might pop my stitches again. Come lay with me.” She said, smiling like a drunk fool.

G Dragon crawled into bed next to her and she laid on his chest. “You can’t stay long, though.” She whispered, giggling. “You all have to go to your shoot. You can’t go looking tired.” She said, smiling as brightly as she poited around the room.

“We are staying, tonight.” Taeyang said and she swayed back and forth, in an attempt to shake her head. The drugs were a lot stronger than she had anticipated and she felt strange. Her body was out of control as well as .

“Noooooo!” She said, pouting. “You have to sleep, in shifts at least. Ji Yong will come wake one of you up in an hour or two.” The boys filed into the other room, pouting, but knowing she was right, as always. She relaxed against G Dragon and shifted a little so she was lying on top of him.

 

G Dragon held her tightly as she giggled, like a drunk school girl. It was adorable and he couldn’t help, but laugh with her. He wondered how strong the drugs had been. She was always way too put together to fall into giggle fits. He supposed it was partially his fault. She had been watching over him all her life. She had been beside him and guarding him since they were young. She had taken care of every bully and protected him as much as  she could from the harsher parts of the world.

 

There was one time, when they were probably only six or seven that a boy had pushed him down on the playground. She had been playing hop scotch when he had shouted. He had looked around for her, scared and confused. He knew he was little, but people usually weren’t mean to him. He was nice, so people were nice to him.  At least that was what he believed.

He had been scrambling away from the bigger boy when Yoon Ah had shown up. “Leave Ji Yong alone.” She had shouted at the boy. The boy had laughed and moved to push her down as well. She kicked the boy so hard in his shin that he had limped away, too ashamed to tell the teacher a girl had beat him up. She had knelt next to him and smiled, holding out her hand. “You’re okay, right?” She had asked and he nodded.

She had helped him up and dusted him off, smiling. “Stay close to me, from now on, okay? I won’t let anything happen to you, if you stay close.” She said, dusting off her knees. She had offered his hand and he took it, smiling.

“Don’t let go, okay?” He asked and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter