Lovely Nights

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the morning, she woke up to the sound of an alarm ringing in the other room, with G Dragon’s arm under her head and his other wrapped around her waist. He was still a little ball of warmth. She turned her head and looked at him while he slept. He looked so adorable she couldn’t help, but smile. He looked like a little angel, with a big, messy halo of hair. She giggled a little and poked his cheek. His lip twitched and she smiled. She gently ran her fingers over his cheek and he smiled in his sleep. He really was adorable. “Ji Yong, Oppa.” She tried out the words on her tongue.

He squirmed in his sleep and she turned away from him. She felt his arm tighten on her waist and her heart jumped. He kissed the back of her neck and she felt a shiver go down her spine. He smiled on her neck before burying his head in her shoulder and sighed against her. “Yoon Ah, are you awake?” He asked quietly and she let out the breath she was holding. If he had to ask, then he hadn’t heard her.

“I just woke up.” She said, rubbing her eyes. She still had a little headache from crying the night before. G Dragon leaned up on his elbow and looked down at her. He smiled and just looked at her for a moment. “Did you sleep okay? Did I bother you a lot?” She asked, throwing her forearm over her eyes.

“You know you never bother me in bed.” He said and she laughed a little. They had stopped kicking each other out of bed years ago. “Should I get you your medicine?” He asked and she shook her head. “You have to take them or you’ll hurt. At the very least, take the antibiotic.” He said, reaching past her and grabbing the pills. He held her up while she took the pill and smiled at her as he laid her back down. “Should I go make breakfast?”

She closed her eyes and covered them with her forearm again. “I have a headache Ji Yong. Sing to me.” She said and he grinned. Whenever she had a headache, music always made her feel better. He placed her head into his lap and he started singing for her. She relaxed and melted into his voice. From the first time she had ever heard him sing, she had known that no matter what, she could never let anything happen to him.

For her, a world without him could never exsist. No matter what happened, no matter what choice she made, there was no doubt that he would still be next to her. He was her family and her responsibility and her friend. She felt a hole open in her chest, imagining him not being beside her. She put a hand over her chest and he covered it with his. “Are you okay?” He asked and she nodded, smiling up at him.

“You wouldn’t ever leave me, would you? I mean, you would never make that choice would you?” She asked, quietly.

He looked at her, seeming utterly apalled. He shook his head and squeezed her hand. “I’ll never let go of your hand. I’m not sure if I know how.” He said and she smiled, releaved. “The world will have to rip us apart if it wants to separate us.” He said, lifting and kissing her hand.

The door opened and Yoon Ah shifted to see Taeyang carrying a big breakfast tray into the room. Her headache was gone now. “We heard singing, so we guessed it was okay to bring breakfast.” Seungri said, grinning proudly. Ji Yong picked up the pain pill and made her take it before eating breakfast, just in case she hurt during the day. She went to the bathroom and was brushing her teeth when she heard someone knocking on the front door.

She dragged herself out of the bathroom to find Han Byul and Seven in their jogging clothes. “Yoon Ah!” Han Byul shouted, running to hug her. Han Byul almost knocked the wind out of Yoon Ah. Yoon Ah caught Han Byul in a big hug and grinned. “I’m glad you’re okay. Do you still need that ghastly walker?” Han Byul asked and Yoon Ah shrugged.

“I get from my bed to the bathroom well enough. They usually carry me around if I have to go further than that.” She said and Yoon Ah looked up at her, surprised. Seven frowned at her, when she turned to him. “Don’t look at me like that. Did you really think I’d let someone see me use a walker?” She asked and Seven sighed, rubbing his eyes.

“How long until you’re better? This boy is driving me insane. He doesn’t even run as fast as I do.” Han Byul said and Seven raised his voice.

“It’s not my fault that you run like some kind of cyborg. She’s almost as fast as you.” Seven shouted, pointing from Han Byul to Yoon Ah. “You two were made for each other, but you are killing me. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with her. She’s like you, but she needs so much more. Take me here, do this, do that. You just complain and follow me. Her... She….” He threw his hands up and both girls laughed at him. “I can’t do it. I just can’t.”

They both shouted at him and he jumped. “You promised. You said you’d help me!” Yoon Ah said and he sighed. “You live alone and can’t take care of me physically, so you need to fill in for me here.” Yoon Ah said and he flung himself on the bedroom door. He stomped his feet and she giggled. He was still such a child.

Han Byul rushed everyone out of the room and locked the door, sitting on Yoon Ah’s bed. “You’re doing something again, aren’t you?” Han Byul asked and Yoon Ah looked away, trying to play innocent. “You DID do this on purpose. You’re giving me your boyfriend, aren’t you?” Han Byul asked and Yoon Ah covered , quickly.

“He’s a good guy. He’s sweet and charming and supportive and kind.” Yoon Ah said and Han Byul rolled her eyes.

“Why are you giving him away, then?”

“We’re dating because I lost a bet. I think he really likes me, but I know I’ll never love him.  Besides, I’m not feminine enough for him. Everything I wear that he likes, you picked out. Every time I do my hair and it looks nice it’s because you told me to, or did it for me. He’s not even dating me. He’s dating your shadow.” Yoon Ah whispered and Han Byul sighed heavily. “Fine, fine! You don’t want him? I’ll take him back and find him someone else, or just shred his little heart.” Yoon Ah said and this time Han BYul was the one quick to cover .

“Shush. Don’t do that. I need company for my morning jogs. Also, Oppa is supposed to get me a hand bag tomorrow.” Han Byul sounded slightly defeated. Yoon Ah caught Han Byul staring at the door and laughed. Yoon Ah threw a pillow at the girl, who flung herself on the bed. “Thank you, Yoon Ah. I like him. I felt bad for it for a while, not realizing what you were doing.”

“You don’t feel bad now?” Yoon Ah asked, playfully shoving Han Byul.

“Well, if you’re just handing out boyfriends.” Han Byul responded and Yoon Ah smiled. “Now, tell me what’s been bothering you. Don’t tell me it’s nothing, either.” She demanded and Yoon Ah shrugged a little bit. “Yooon Ah!” She shouted and Yoon Ah covered again.

“I’ll tell you when things get cleared up. Until then, I can’t say anything.” Yon Ah said, closing her eyes. “Go play with your new toy. You know you want to.” Yoon Ah whispered and Han Byul grinned and went to the door.

“Why did you kick us out?” Seven shouted and Han Byul waved off his question.

“Come on, Oppa! Yoon Ah needs rest.” Han Byul said, pulling Seven away. He tried to protest, but she kept pulling.

“I’ll come by again!” He shouted, over his shoulder as Han Byul dragged him out the door. Yoon Ah laughed as the boys came back into the room.

After breakfast, Yoon Ah was getting ready to spend another boring day in bed, when the boys started going through her closet. She sighed and looked at them. “What are you doing now?” She asked as they started tossing her clothes. When they put an outfit out for her, she knew there was no escaping.

 

Two more days passed, where she slept with her little brothers and each day, her stitches hurt a little less. Those two days were a godsend. There was no time she had to think terribly hard about the choice she would have to make leter. It was also nice to be able to move again without trying to restrict mer movements. Technically, she couldn’t walk around a lot, or dance, but it was progress. She had always healed quickly, which was a good thing since she had little regard for her health.

Every the morning, Seven and Han Byul dropped by and she could see them getting closer by how they fought. Han Byul was taking charge of Seven. It was fun to watch. Seven was still confused and trying to fight his feelings. She could understand his hesitance. He had been grooming her into what he thought would be his ideal woman for seven years. That would be hard to let go of.

Yoon Ah and Han Byul came to the decision together that once she had her stitches out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter