Changes

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyang moved to wake up Yoon Ah, but G Dragon stopped him. “She needs to sleep. She cried more today than she has in ten years. If she still gets headaches, then she must have a migraine right now.” G Dragon  said and Taeyang relented, looking down at her. He glanced at the table, where she had put the food for them and sighed. She had been in full melt down mode and had still managed to try to take care of them.

“You guys should eat. If she wakes up and there is still food, she’ll be upset.” He said and they each picked up their bowls. G Dragon ate his food, but his stomach felt like it was full of lead. How had they caused this? How could she be dating anyone? When would she have even decided dating him was a good idea? She had been complaining about him since they were little.

Taeyang remembered the first day she had complained about Dong Wook. “Oppa is so pushy! I don’t know why I stand him.” She had crossed her arms and pouted. Her hair was still in braided pigtails from school. “Every day he teases me and tells me I’m supposed to grow up pretty. Like I care if he thinks I’m pretty.”

“You are pretty, Yoon Ah!” Young Bae had said, pouncing on her. He had hugged her tight and swung her around until she giggled.. As always, she had been so light that lifting her was child’s play. Her laugh had been a nice sound in his ear, soft and happy, like wind chimes.

“He’s lucky he’s your senior or I’d beat him up too.” She said, sitting on the bench in the practice room. He couldn’t help but smile at her. When she was mad, she squinted and ruffled her nose in the most adorable way.

Why hadn’t she just stayed adorable? When had she become some kind of jaw dropping neck breaker? Had he been too close to see it? Of course, that was what he had always seen on her. She was strong and gentle and wild and reserved and everything he had ever thought to look for. Everything anyone ever hoped for.

“You’re too little to beat him up. He’s not like the kids at our school.” Ji Yong had said and she pouted again. She huffed out her nose and turned her head away quickly, looking like some kind of haughty queen. They sat in front of her and smiled brightly.

“I still can’t stand him. Hurry up and get famous so I can rub his nose in it.” She said, smacking them on the head. “I’m only putting up with this for you two, so say thank you.” She had demanded and the pair of them had bowed their thanks to her over and over.

He laughed a little, thinking about it. Se7en had been her biggest enemy. How had this come to happen then? How had she ended up his girlfriend?

 

 

G Dragon remembered how whenever they brought up his name she would pitch a fit. At least she used to. Sometime during High School, she had stopped complaining so much. She still ruffled her nose when they brought his name up, but it wasn’t as bad as in Middle School, when she had flown off the handle. He remembered the first time she had come to school in heels instead of sneakers clearly because she had looked him dead in the eye for the first time since they were children.

“Why are you wearing heels? Why is your hair funny? Are you wearing makeup?” He asked, quickly, frowning at her. He liked for her to be shorter than him. She was in her summer uniform, which already wore his nerves enough. Everyone always stared at her because she was slim and pretty. It was even worse in the summer because her long legs were on display. The knee high socks that went with the uniform didn’t help either. Her hair had only held back by a headband that day, instead of in the cute pigtails or braids she always wore.

She stomped and wrinkled her nose angrily. “Dong Wook Oppa complains when I don’t and I don’t want to hear his mouth today.” She started playing with her hair and frowned at him. “My hair isn’t funny. I just didn’t feel like dealing with it today. Aren’t I allowed to be lazy?” She asked, turning away from him and marching to the school.

He had to admit, she did present a nice silhouette when she wore heels. He watched her march for a moment before realizing she hadn’t answered his question about the makeup. He looked around the corner for Young Bae, but he was running late and now, Yoon Ah was upset. He chased after her and pulled her arm gently. “Why are you wearing makeup? You never wear makeup. Why would you be lazy with your hair, but wear makeup?” He asked and she tossed her arm, dislodging his hand.

“Dong Wook Oppa was nagging me to wear it, so I did. I told you, he’s been annoying me. It’s not like I look that different, so why are you making such a big deal out of it?” She snapped and he tried to say it, but it wouldn’t come out. When she wore heels and let her hair down, she didn’t look adorable. She was downright y. It wasn’t that he minded her being y. He liked it, a lot. He just didn’t want the entire world seeing her like that. If they did, they’d try to take her away.

“Then do all that stuff after school. If you go to school looking like that, boys will hit on you.” He said and she shrugged.

“It’s not like I have time for a boyfriend when I’m busy babysitting the two of you all the time.” She said over her shoulder and he smiled to himself.

He was staring at her as she slept in Taeyang’s lap. How could he have not seen? She had spent her whole life beside him. She had always been there when he needed her. He supposed he had always expected her to be there, so he hadn’t tried to keep her thoughts on him. It had never occurred to him anyone else could distract her. He had never imagined a world where she was out of arm’s reach.

 

TOP starred at Yoon Ah and frowned. He had never imagined her crying. In his world, that wasn’t something that could ever happen. She was all warmth and power and passion. She was a goddess among women to him, but tonight, she had seemed very mortal. Perhaps that was just how goddesses looked when they cried. Perhaps that was a goddess’s down fall. Who had she cried with before? If in the seven years she had known Taeyang, he had never seen her cry, even once, what had she done? He only remembered a few times she had looked upset.

She had been kicking her feet during practice, one day. She had worn a pair of low pigtails that day. She had changed out of her uniform, into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. He thought she looked better that way, more relaxed. She had been smiling at them, but it didn’t ever really reach her eyes. During break, he had walked over quickly. “Is everything alright, Yoon Ah?”

She had nodded and smiled that smile that never touched her eyes. He could see that she wanted it to. She wanted to be okay, but wasn’t. “Everything is fine.” She had lied, quietly. A moment later, Se7en had walked into the room. “Oppa!” She shouted and Se7en had smiled at her as everyone bowed. She had seemed relieved to see him. She had tucked her hand into his elbow and allowed him to lead her out of the room.

Later, when they had been leaving, she ran up to them, grinning all the way to her bright eyes. Her eyes had been puffier than the last time he had seen her, but he had assumed allergies. She had never been one to talk about anything that might make her look weak. Had she been crying to Se7en, this whole time? Why had she hidden her tears from them? Was she afraid they wouldn’t adore her as much if she wasn’t always strong? That didn’t even begin to make sense to him, but he supposed to someone like her, who had always been everyone’s rock, it made sense.

 

Yoon Ah woke slowly, stretching herself out on the couch. Her head was still pounding from. She opened her eyes and saw Sungri and Daesung laying on the floor. They looked like sleeping angels. She smelled something cooking and shot up. G Dragon and TOP were standing in her kitchen, arguing. “What are you two doing?” She shouted, jumping up. “Ji Yong, you can’t cook. Why are you in my kitchen?” She asked, standing, quickly.

“Is your headache gone?” He asked, running over in the frilly white apron Se7en had bought her and sitting her down. She frowned at him and shook her head. “Then sit there and don’t move, okay? made you some soup. I even helped chop the vegetables.”  He said, grinning at her. She laughed a little and laid her pounding head against the cool wall.

Daesung woke up and moved to sit next to Yoon Ah, with his head on her leg. “Do you feel better? Are you still mad?” He asked and she sighed and just rubbed his head gently. Seungri rolled over and seeing Daesung getting all the attention, crawled over and laid his head on her other leg.

“You do forgive us, right?” He asked and she nodded with a hand on each of their shoulders. They were such babies, these two. They the television and she smiled. They sat watching dramas for a little while before G Dragon shooed them away so she could eat her soup.

They were both starring at her, when she picked up her spoon. She tried not to show it, but she was terrified. If this was another meal like the last one a boy had made for her, she would rather die. She would finish it and she would smile, but she would really rather die. She hated throwing up more than anything. She took a deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter