Back In the Land of the Living

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When she woke up, TOP was had one arm around her waist and was holding her hand with the other.  His legs were wrapped around hers. She ran her finger tips over his five o’clock shadow and smirked a little. It was nice to se him look a little messy. Ever since he had lost the weight, she had never seen him look at all disheveled. “Seung Hyun, Oppa?” She called, trying the words on her lips. They felt easier than she had expected. His eyes fluttered a little and she almost jumped back.

 

“Yes?” He asked, turning his head to look down at her. She was still shocked at how stunning his eyes were. She felt like he was starring all the way into her soul and seeing things even things she didn’t know about herself. “Have you been awake long?” He asked and she shook her head, quickly. His voice was rough with sleep and making her heart do funny things. “You called me Oppa.” He said, as if he had just realized it.

 

“No, I didn’t.” She said, tearing her eyes from his. She tried to move away, but he pulled her back.

 

“You called me Oppa.” He accused and she closed her eyes tight, feeling painfully embarrassed. “You did, didn’t you? Tell me that I didn’t imagine it.”He said and she opened her eyes, slowly. He was still staring at her, but now his eyes were begging her. She felt her heart tense and she knew she couldn’t lie to him. It seemed like it would hurt his heart.

 

“I…I called you Oppa.” She said, closing her eyes again. “It’s not something I always do, I’ve just been thinking about it since that night.” She began to ramble a he covered with the hand that held hers.

 

He was smiling at her again. She had never realized how much she adored his dimples before now. He leaned down and kissed the back of her hand. Beneath his hand, she gasped. She bit her lip and watched him smirk. “When you’re nervous, your eyed get very large. Did you know that?” He asked and she shook her head. He laughed a little at her. “It is absolutely adorable.”

 

She sat up, quickly and he followed. “Today is the big day. Are you ready?” He asked and she swung her legs over the edge of the bed. “What’s wrong? Aren’t you ready for your stitches to come out? We have to get to the hospital in an hour or so.” He said and she stood, marching to the bathroom. How had she forgot about the day she would be able to move freely again?

 

When she came out of the shower, in a tank top and shorts, she saw TOP standing shirtless in her bedroom. She shouted and fell backwards into the door frame. She gasped and covered , sliding down the wall. He jumped and ran over to her. “What’s wrong, where does it hurt?” He asked, frantically and she starred at him.

 

“Your shirt!” She shouted and he frowned at her. “You’re not wearing your shirt.” She whimpered out and he looked down at himself. He sat down in front of her and laughed. He laughed, hard and loud, leaning back on his hands. Yoon Ah starred at his chest as he laughed and watched his firm chest bounce up and down. Was everything about him sculpted to perfection?

 

 Suddenly, she realized she had been screaming about a shirtless man. She had seen all of her boys shirtless before, except him. She laughed at herself and forced herself back to her feet. “You scared me.” He said, as she “This really is the first time I’ve been shirtless in front of you.” He said and she nodded. She went and sat on her bed as TOP went into her bathroom to shower.

 

She pulled her knees to her chest and smiled to herself. Maybe he had woken up just by chance when she had called his name. She wouldn’t be surprised if she had been the first person to see him shirtless since he had lost the weight. He was always so private and secretive about some things. He never let anyone see him dress. G Dragon had told her that even on tour he had his own dressing room. Something about that made her heart warm.

 

When he came out of the bathroom again, he smiled at her, shyly. “You want a special breakfast for your big day?” He asked and she nodded, quickly. He ran out of the room and she set her chin on her knees, and smiled to herself. She wondered what her special breakfast would be. Every breakfast they made her was special to her.

 

TOP returned with the boys a few minutes later, with cake and ice cream in waffle cones. “Bingu! That’s not breakfast!” She said, grinning and throwing a pillow at his knees. Just because it wasn’t breakfast food didn’t mean she didn’t want it. They brought her breakfast and laughed at her for being ridiculous. Dessert breakfast was her favorite meal. She hadn’t had it since middle school.

 

 

When she got her stitches out, Seven came to pick her up, with Han Byul. It was more painful than she had expected, breaking up with him. The words came out easily: “I can’t be with you. You don’t like me, the way I am. I won’t change, but out there is a girl you do like.”

 

He had denied, over and over. Of course, she had just sat and waited for him to finish. When he was done lying to himself, she hit him over the head and smiled. “You’re falling in love with her, every day, you idiot. I can see it on your face and the way you argue with her.” She had said and he collapsed into a chair. “Go. Go play. You just have to finally let me cook dinner for people and don’t forget me.” She said and he pouted. She smacked him again and he stood, pushing her hair out of her face.

 

“It breaks m heart to waste your cooking on a bunch of brats, but I’ll consent.” He kissed her forehead and smiled down at her. His smile looked like it first had when they met. Her big brother was finally back.  “I could never forget my little Songbird.” He said, and hugged her tight.

 

“Han Byul! Come take Oppa! He’s ready to play now!” She shouted and Han Byul barreled through the door as seven looked between the, accusatorily. Yoon Ah just laughed at him as he dragged off by his woman. She had done a good thing, she knew it.

 

 

Yoon Ah was shuffled directly to the studio when they left the hospital. They started her directly into breathing exercises, to test how her chest felt. Afterwards, she was taken directly to workout. Once she was cleared, she went to work on her choreography and almost felt bad about kicking the choreographer and dancers out. However, they should have known how important loyalty was to her and that she had her own dancers.

 

G Dragon insisted on teaching her how to mix after dancing. She spent a few hours with him and even though things sounded strange to her ears, he told her she was picking up on it fast, for someone who was brand new to it. She found herself utterly engrossed in everything she was learning, to the point that she almost forgot about eating.

 

Sometime close to dinner, TOP came in while she was trying to create a beat. In her head, everything had a very particular sound and she was doing her best to replicate it. He placed a cup of tea in front of her and she looked up, pushing off her headphones, and shaking off the music. “You’re doing it again.” He said and she looked up. “You’re pushing too hard. I’m willing to bet this song isn’t even for you.”

 

“I’m not pushing and it’s a gift. I want you to do it with Seven. It’ll be nice, when I get it right.” She said, drinking her tea. TOP unplugged her headphones and pressed play and it started pounding inside the studio. She shouted and hit him before turni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter