Broken Promises

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eventually, Yoon Ah took the job at the night club and as a dance teacher at the studio. She still made lunches every day and had dinner every Friday. She still took care of them when they were sick, or making bad marks in school. Sometimes, the collection of them would come to her shows, at the club. Sundays were the days she spent the most time with the boys. That was the day they went shopping and watched movies and went to the amusement park. For one day a week, they played and remembered that they were each other’s constants. They never let one another drift too far away.

Right before the debut, Lee Hyung Seung was cut and Yoon Ah wasn’t sad to see him go. One day, he would have a great career, but not with them. He just didn’t fit right. They had a nice little send off for him, but nothing extravagant. She was just glad Seung Hyun had made it to debut at Se7en’s concert. Since she couldn’t allow him to get cut, they had trained at the dance studio for days on end. She even helped them come up with their stage names before they ran away from her.

When they debuted, she was in the front row, cheering to her heart’s content. She tried to make it backstage, afterwards, but there were too many people pushing and crowding to get to the ever famous Se7en, so she just sent a text to them all that she would meet them at the studio for a last meal before they disappeared for lord knew how long. That night, was both a happy and sad meal, but even as she said her goodbyes, she wouldn’t let them see her upset.

 

This time, she was prepared for them to leave and kept herself busy with her two jobs and her friendsl. She sang and practiced every night. Now that she couldn’t be forced to do anything, she thought she could go on stage, without fear. It would be a nice way to welcome them home. Even when they weren’t home, she managed to live and breathe music. Despite how often she saw Se7en, or how much she asked about the boys, he was never upset with her. He was never jealous, or impatient.

It was another two years before they came home again. When she was sent concert tickets in the mail, she all but jumped for joy. She began to sing with her dance group as soon as she got the ticket. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect for when she went on stage. As a surprise for them, she was going on stage with her dance group as the opening act. Only Se7en and YG knew about it.

She spent four hours the day of the concert picking out the right outfit and the right sneakers to go with it, so she wouldn’t make anyone feel short. She tied her hair up and out of her eyes and wore her black leather jacket over big bang t-shirt and bright pink jeans. She had even dyed her hair a rich crimson a few days ago. She looked adorable, in her own opinion.

Before the concert, she waited happily in line to see them and when it was her turn, she restrained herself from running into their arms and grinned. “You all look well.” She said and Seungri frowned at her. “I’m so proud of all of you. You seem to have done well for yourselves. I’m glad I waited so long to see you perform in concert.” She said, walking forward and having them sign her shirt. Daesung smiled and Seungri grinned at her.

“You seem like a pretty devoted fan. Did you watch the training special?” Taeyang said to her and she looked at him, confused, but nodded.

“None of you seem very excited to see me.” She said, tilting her head. She had gone through a lot of effort to look nice for them.

 Ji Yong looked up at her with the sane eyes she had been staring into since elementary school. They were wide and brown and as beautiful as she had ever known them to be when he asked, “Should we recognize you?”

Her heart sank in her chest suddenly. It felt like it had broken into shards and was stabbing her from the inside as they stared at her, with bright, friendly, confused eyes. She felt herself start to cry. She covered with both her hands and felt the bracelets slide down her wrists. She took a deep breath and forced herself to smile as she pulled off both bracelets and her necklace. She placed each one in front of their owner, with shaking hands, and bit her lip. “No. I don’t know anyone like you.” She said, clutching her fist. “Could I bother you to help me with this?” She asked, pulling out the choker she had been carrying in her jacket pocket.

TOP stood and helped her put it on, smiling. She pulled off her sneakers, the ones Daesung had bought her as a going away present, and left them under the table. Perhaps this was for the best. They didn’t need someone like her dragging them down. She wasn’t even a celebrity. She was just some kid they had known. She was the one who had assumed they would remember her, but they were busy and surrounded by fans. When would they have time for a common girl like her anyway? She sat their lunches on the table next to them and bowed politely, covering her tears behind her hair. “Eat well.”

Once she had left the room, she wiped her tears and pulled out her pony tail. Yoon Ah hollered at the top of her lungs. “Where is Min Suk?” And heard heels clicking as Min Suk ran down the hallways, looking for her. Min suk ran up to her and gasped. Min Suk pointed to the necklace and she nodded. “Do it, quickly.” She said, softly, still wiping away her tears.

She went to the dressing room for little more than twenty minutes before they had her in wardrobe. She came out again and walked past Big Bang’s dressing room on her way to Se7en’s. This time, when they saw her, she was in a miniskirt, tank top and a cut off leather jacket. It was an outfit Se7en had told her she’d wear when she came to him, a year and a half ago.

Four inch heels clicked as she walked past them, her head high. She was resolute not to cry anymore, if she could help it. Someone grabbed her arm and she turned around, slowly. Seung Hyun, no TOP, was standing in front of her, holding her arm lightly. “Do I know you? You look familiar.” He asked and she stepped closer to him, looking him dead in his eyes.

“Do you know me?” She asked, letting nothing show in her face. He shrugged a little, looking hard at her, and she smirked. “Then let me go.” She said and he released her arm. She spun on her heel and exhaled softly. She could not give in. not when those boys were her everything and giving them up was what was best for them.

She walked into Se7en’s dressing room and knocked on the door lightly. He looked up and smiled at her for a moment. “Yoon Ah! You made it! I was almost worried you wouldn’t come because of your night job.” He said, standing. When his eyes landed on the choler, he sent everyone out of the room and closed the door behind them. “You wore it.” He said, walking towards her.

She nodded and pulled off her jacket, putting it lightly on the chair.”How did you want to… you know? There isn’t a bed here, so I don’t know…” she asked, softly, biting her lip. She couldn’t deny she was nervous. She’d never done anything like this. She rubbed her arms, as he walked over to her. He put his arms on her shoulders and she flinched a little. She wanted to cry, but tried to hide her tears. It wasn’t his fault that this was her first time.

He kissed her forehead and lifted her chin. “You look stunning, my little songbird. Are you going to be alright?” He asked and she nodded. “You’ll still sing with me tonight won’t you? I’ve been waiting a long time to sing with my little song bird.” He said and she shook her head.

“I’m not sure, if after… I’ll feel like singing.” She said and he frowned down at her. “After I give myself to you.” She said and he held her at arm’s length.

“I think you may have misunderstood me, songbird.” He said, softly. “I don’t want that. Not now. I just want you to be mine.” He said and she blinked at him, in confusion. He pulled her close and kissed her, softly. He stole the breath from her lungs and she felt her knees melt a little. She clung to him, for support, and gasped.

When he pulled away, he wiped her tears, when she hadn’t even realized she’d been crying. He smiled at her and she covered again. “You’re my songbird, and I’ve waited a long time for this. You wouldn’t deny me a single song now, would you?” He asked and she shook her head, laying it on his chest. He was always there for her, when she needed him. Whenever she was weak, he was strong.

“Oppa, I wouldn’t do that to you. I promised you a song. You know how long I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter