Primary School

Sunflowers Under the Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As a young girl, Yoon Ah went to primary with the boys who would turn out to be her her best friends, Kwon Ji Yong (G Dragon) and Dong Young Bae (Taeyang). She and Ji Yong had been friends for as long as she could remember. They had protected each other from bullies and been together for every scrape and bruise. though they usually got them from one another.

In second grade, Ji Yong ran up to Yoon Ah and pushed her down. She starred at him, ready to cry, when he held out a bracelet in front of her and shouted at her. "One day, you're gonna be my wife and you'll cook, an clean, an laugh at all my jokes!" Then, he tossed down the bracelet next to her and ran away to the monkey bars to play with Young Bae. Yoon Ah bit back her tears and picked up the bracelet. It was a pretty thing, with her favorite colors, purple and black and silver. He had written a G instead of Ji, like the lazy kid he was, but written her name on a few tiles on the back perfectly.

She had seen him working on something earlier, tossing away tiles with writing on them. He had been working on this. She sat up and frowned at the bracelet. He could have just handed it to her. there was no reason to push her. Boys were dumb. "Yoon Ah! Are you coming?" Another of their friends called and she stood. She stuffed the bracelet in her pocket and ran over to the monkey bars.

They decided to race to the top, the three of them. It was what they always did, to decide which two of them would get the swings first. "Ji Yong!" She shouted as she beat them to the top of the monkey bars. "I win, but if you put it on me, I'll let you take my turn on the swing." She said, holding out the bracelet. Ji Yong turnded away from her and she sat down on the top of the dome. "Fine, then take it back." She said, flinging it at him an scrambling down, towards the swing.

Instead of running around this recess all Yoon Ah did was swing. She didn't want to play with Ji Yong today. he had pushed her and even though she hadn't told, he had scraped her knee and running hurt. He came back over from playing tag, as the teacher called them for nap time. She ran away from him, immediately. Boys were dumb. She hated them. Absolutely hated them.

As she laid down for her nap, she felt someone grab her wrist and pull it. Ji Yong was tying his bracelet on her wrist. She starred at him as he flung her wrist back at her. "You can't forget." He said, angrily. "You can't forget what I told you. You're gonna be my wife one day." He said and turned away from her for his nap. Yoon Ah tried to talk to him, but the teacher shushed her and Yoon Ah was tired from swinging.




Just before grade six, she made a new friend. Yoon ah met Young Bae. He was a silly boy, always wearing his hair in strange ways for no apparent reason. For a while, Ji Yong refused to meet him, since that would mean bringnig another perso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter