23.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

 

 

Amber and Kris were stationed right behind a rose bush that was at least 30 feet away from where they were. They both had binoculars in their hands and pressed to their eyes. They watched for any movement from the house and they planned watch until day time.
“How long are we staying out here?” Amber questioned drowsily.

“I don’t exactly know, but we need to get Hyunwoo soon.” Kris responded.

“Do you remember what the house was like?” Amber asked as she set her binoculars down so she could stretch her exhausted limbs.

“Yeah, but it might have changed a bit. I haven’t been here in a while.” Kris spoke, searching the perimeter again. “I think we can go forward since its dark enough.” Kris added.

Amber was silent as she nodded her head. Kris put everything back into his bag and stealthily pulled Amber towards the house.

The kitchen light was on and there were shadows passing by it quickly. It looked like they were preparing dinner of some sort, like a feast.

“Hey, wait here. Stay close to the wall okay?” Kris warned her before he went forwards towards the locked door.

Amber stayed glued to the wall and watched Kris’ figure disappear into the darkness. Amber thought of the worst case scenarios as she nibbled on her bottom lip. Something popped up into darkness and it reminded her of slender man. She slowly slid down the wall and bit onto her coat sleeve so the person coming towards her wouldn’t hear her breathing.

The person came by and he was short. He looked absolutely familiar too. Amber’s eyes widened when she saw who it was. Amber outstretched her arms and grabbed the person by covering their mouth and grabbing them by the waist. The person kicked and screamed, but it was muffled by Amber’s hand. Amber took a good look at the person before her as tears of joy came from her eyes.

“H-Hyunwoo?” Amber whispered, overjoyed by the fact that he was wandering around so she could find him.

“Mommy? Y-You’re here!” Hyunwoo shouted.

“Hey! Kid, who you talking to?!” The guards yelled as they ran towards Hyunwoo.

“I’m talking to my imaginary friend, Monty!” Hyunwoo lied.

Amber ruffled his hair with a bright smile on her face.

“Aigoo, you’re such a smart little kid. This is why I love you the most!” Amber softly yelled and noogied him.

Hyunwoo pushed away and laughed. He hugged her by the neck and sniffed her scent. He was glad that she was back. Now, all he wanted now was to see his Father.

Kris.

Kris sashayed towards the vine ladder and climbed up it slowly. He turned his head a little and saw the guards on the edge of the hill, looking over at the small lake.

Kris pulled out his pocket knife and held it with his teeth as he went farther up. Kris grasped the vine tightly and got close to the window screen. He switched the knife to the sharp side and ripped open the screen to reveal just the glass window. He busted the window open as shards of glass fell down and the guards approached quickly. Kris managed to flip the vine ladder and to camouflage himself so the guards wouldn’t see him. Without him noticing, his leg got caught in a cluster of vines. He kicked softly while trying to put away the knife, but the knife fell. Kris mentally face-palmed himself and scooted towards the left to easily go up and get inside the window.

The guards ran inside to notify their master. They caused a lot of noise once they came in and that was when Kris noticed that he didn’t have to go through all the trouble to break a window.

Are you ing serious…? I ACTED LIKE A SPY FOR NOTHING?! Kris angrily thought and sighed. He grabbed his second pocket knife from his other pocket with difficulty, but eventually got it out. He cut the vines and jumped down from it, angrily heading towards the front door until somebody pulled him to the side harshly.

“Yah!” his voice was inaudible by somebodies gloved hand. Kris slowly turned to the owner of the hand and saw Amber smiling brightly with her eyes twinkling. His heart stopped for a second as Amber released him.

“What was that for?” Kris softly asked with a ‘Are you serious? I thought I was going to get killed’ look. Amber shrugged and pointed to the kid beside her who had the same smile on his face like Ambers. Kris’ eyes widened as he smiled. He grabbed Hyunwoo and hugged him tightly as for Hyunwoo, he attempted to wrap his arms around his Father’s big body.

It was a heartwarming moment that Crystal was watching from above. She smirked with crossed arms and made her way downstairs with the sound of her heels clicking against the wood. Crystal opened a door that revealed the guards and they stood attention to her entrance.

“Boys, there are two unwanted intruders here in the front yard. I would love for you to take care of them and trap them in the basement downstairs. Keep the kid though. Keep him in the room where we last put Yixing and Wu Fan.” Crystal ordered. She got salutes from each guard as a response. She sinisterly smiled and headed up to her room to brush her hair another millionth time.

“Let’s go!” Kris whispered.

Kris darted through the trees and saw the Roman Fort just right ahead of them. Amber was quickly following right behind with Hyunwoo in her arms.

The guards were looking for them as they shouted out loud to see if the runaways would make any sounds. They searched and searched through the bushes and looked at the vines to see the window broken and the vines cut at some spots. The guards tried harder to look and still had no luck.

Crystal came out soon after since it had taken quite a long time for the guards to come back inside and give her the news about Kris, Amber, and Hyunwoo. With a brush in hand, she smacked a guard upside the head with the brush. He turned around angrily and rubbed the place she hit.

“Where’s the runaways?” Crystal rudely asked.

“They’re gone.” The guard said while rubbing his head still.

“Can’t you guys do your job right…?” Crystal crossed her arms and sighed.

Crystal ran inside and got to her room where the maids were now preparing her bed for her to sleep in. She plopped onto the bed and sighed once again.

She needed Kris.

She needed to get rid of Amber.

She needed Hyunwoo to convince the kids that she’s the real mother.

She needed to win.