20.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

"I'm home." Chanyeol tiredly said out loud. 

His voice echoed throughout the house, but he could hear little pattering of feet coming towards the steps. He expected Amber to come down, but instead he saw girl that was pratically glowing. His heart started beating uncontrollably when she flipped her hair as she stared at Chanyeol with a confused look on her face. Chanyeol's got to admit, she's cute and attractive. She looked like she wouldn't hurt a fly ever. 

"Who are you?" Angel asked in Chinese. 

Chanyeol blankly stared at her when her first word of Chinese came out. He was surprised. Is this Kris' new girl? He gathered up all his knowledge about Chinese and replied back.

"I'm Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol replied in a weird accent. 

Angel giggled at his cute attempt to state his name. She tilted her head confusedly and inspected Chanyeol, making him feel uncomfortable. He gulped and watched her go around him. She's mysterious, Chanyeol thought. 

"I'm Angel." Angel said as she held out her hand for a hand shake. 

"O-Oh, who are you?" Chanyeol stuttered. 

"Kris' cousin." Angel said which for some reason, all the weight came off of his shoulders when he heard that. 

"Where did Kris and Amber go?" Chanyeol asked, going towards the kitchen. 

Angel followed from right behind with her arms crossed. "They've been sleeping the whole entire time." Angel answered with a yawn.

"Did I wake you up?" Chanyeol felt guilty.

"Not at all. I was going to take a shower because I look ugly in the mornings, but you stopped me from doing so." Angel huffed.

Chanyeol took a look at her and looked at her morning face. You look beautiful in the mornings. He decided whether or not if he should say "Your natural face looks beautiful." but they just met so he left the thought to himself. 

"Well, I'm going to sleep." Chanyeol yawned, walking towards the kitchen door.

Angel quickly grabbed his wrist which alarmed him. Chanyeol turned around to see Angel's eyes come into contact with his. Chanyeol's heartbeat stopped within seconds, feeling like he didn't want to go to sleep anymore.  Angel blinked a few times, her heart was also racing. His/Her eyes are so pretty. They both said in their heads. When they finally noticed what they were doing, Angel released his wrist with an awkward cough. 

"Kris and Amber are sleeping together right now so you can sleep in my room—I mean, the guest room." Angel awkwardly said. 

"S-Sure..." Chanyeol replied nervously. 

Chanyeol wasn't irked about Kris and Amber sleeping together because he knew that she would pick him. Truth is, Chanyeol wasn't on a business trip. He was with Kai and Sehun all day yesterday trying to find a girl that caught Chanyeol's attention because even Kai and Sehun knew that he wasn't going to get picked. It hurt him from inside, but he knew that he had to get over it. 

"Follow me." Angel tried not to stutter. 

Chanyeol followed right behind her as she had a mental breakdown. She started screaming at herself in Chinese for what just happened. What am I doing?! I didn't come here to find love..especially not in my cousins house. Angel bit her bottom lip nervously. She opened the door to her room and let him in. 

Chanyeol took off his jacket and laid it down on the dresser. He turned around to seeing Angel awkwardly standing in front of the door. 

"Is there something you need?" Chanyeol asked, ing the cuffs of his dress shirt. 

Angel gulped and nodded quickly as she grabbed her clothes to go take a shower. She ran inside the bathroom and locked it. 

"I need to find out what the problem is with Kris and Amber. No time for falling in love, Angel." Angel repeated over and over until she got into the shower, letting the warm water wash away all her worries. 

-------------

"What the heck..." Amber groaned as she felt something tightly hugging her. 

She looked down to see Kris' head on her chest and his arms tightly wrapped around her waist. Amber laughed and the hair on his head. He wriggled a bit, but little snores continued to come out of his mouth. 

"What am I going to do..." Amber silently said to herself. 

"Chanyeol didn't go on a business trip." Kris softly said with his eyes closed. 

Amber was surprised that he was awake, but was even more surprised that Chanyeol lied to her. Kris laid back on his pillow and his side to face Amber. 

"Amber, did you officially pick me?" Kris asked as he pouted. 

Amber turned her head to look at Kris' sincere and loving eyes. Did I? Her conscience was telling her 'maybe next time' and her heart was saying 'get him back now'. She didn't know which to decide for. 

"Y-Yes...?" her statement had became a question. 

Kris sighed and got out of bed. He held out his hand to help Amber up and she took it. He grabbed a dress shirt and black skinny jeans for Amber and dragged her into the bathroom with him. He locked the door while Amber was in a daze. 

"Take a shower and meet me downstairs in the kitchen." Kris whispered into her ear, putting the clothes into her arms. 

Kris walked out of the bathroom and quickly headed downstairs. As he was going down the steps, he heard the shower running in the guest room. Maybe I should scare her... Kris smrked to himself and decided to play a little joke on Angel. 

He walked into her room and saw a lump underneath the covers. There was a man's jacket and tie placed on the dresser. Kris furrowed his eyebrows and heard the shower go off. Kris could hear Angel humming to an English song. He walked by the door and pressed his ear against the door. He lightly knocked on it and waited for her reply. 

"W-What is it, Chanyeol?" Angel stammered since she was still wrapped in her towel. 

Chanyeol?! Kris headed over to the bed and pulled the blanket, revealing the lump. Chanyeol was sleeping soundly on Angel's bed. He smelled of a bar filled with a bunch of girls. Since he smelled of perfume that Angel and Amber used. 

"You're beautiful... I think it was love at... first sight." Chanyeol sleep talked. 

"Hey, I asked you what you wanted..." Angel saw Kris pointing at Chanyeol who was on her bed. 

"I-I can explain, Kris!" Angel panicked.

"Please explain, Xian Angel." Kris crossed his arms and sat at the edge of the bed. 

--------------

"Did you know Chanyeol was sleeping in Angel's room?" Kris asked Amber who was currently sipping on her orange juice. 

"Nope... Looks like he moved on." Amber sighed and saw Chanyeol and Angel awkwardly sitting next to eachother on the couch since they both finished eating early. 

"Mommy, can I call Kris Daddy now?" Hyunwoo tugged at Amber's wrist. 

Amber looked down to see Hyunwoo pouting. She ruffled his hair and nodded as a response. 

"Daddy!" Hyunwoo exclaimed as he tried jumping into Kris' arms, but failed to since Kris was sitting down on a tall wooden chair. 

"So, Kris is our new Daddy?" Kristine asked. 

"Not new. He was already your Dad in the beginning." Amber explained to each of the kids. 

"Then what is Chanyeol?" Christopher questioned cutely. 

"He's the one that just took care of you and I." Amber pointed at the kids and herself. 

"Really?" Kristine said not believing a word Amber was saying. 

"Yes, Kristine." Amber nodded. 

"So... how's it going?" Chanyeol softly said to Angel. 

"Fine. How about you?" Angel replied with a question. 

"Sorry for intruding." Chanyeol whispered, looking down at his lap. 

"It's okay. I don't mind. You remind me of Kris when he used to sleep over at my house." Angel recalled her memories. 

"Oh..." Chanyeol trailed off. "H-Hey, want to go grab some coffee with me sometime? I sometimes need someone to talk to and I'm wondering if you could b-be that person?" Chanyeol questioned. 

Angel tilted her head in confusion. "But we just met." She said. 

"I know, but this can make us a bit closer!" Chanyeol excitedly said, grabbing her hands in his. 

"Are you sure? I'm not that much of a talker." Angel silently said as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

"It doesn't matter. I just a few encouraging phrases and such." Chanyeol replied happily. 

"Well, okay. Sure. I'll do it." Angel smiled knowing that she would be able to spend time with Chanyeol now. 

 


Author's Note :

I hate how I end chapters lol. I'm quickly trying to finish this fic with a new character for Chanyeol and Krisber finally getting back together and the kids slowly processing that there real Dad is Krease.