11.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

He opened his mouth, but it was covered with a rough cloth or some sort of mask. Kris took in his surroundings despite being that there were no windows or any source of light coming from inside the room he was in. He managed to make out a limp figure in the corner of the room, breathing heavily. 

Lay felt as if his limbs were ripped off of his body. He had defended his best friend so he wouldn't get hurt and become the number one in headlines. Lay was that nice of a friend. Everytime they would lunge at Kris' body to give him a beating, but Lay would always stop it and say 'Beat me instead'. He doesn't know what got into his mind, but he knew it was what he wanted to keep alive for Kris was the only person that could really understand Lay. 

Slowly, a source of light came into view as Kris dropped his head to make it look like he was still knocked out. The sound of click-clacking from maybe an expensive pair of heels came into hearing. She walked in with a mischievous grin, walking leisurely towards Lay who was drenched in sweat and blood. Crystal kicked him in the groind and basked in the glory of his pain. Quite sadistic, she was.

"You're the devil!" Lay managed to spit out through the surging pain in his body. 

"The devil? What a nice name!" Crystal sounded more like a lunatic. 

"She let out a sadistic laugh along with a slow deep chuckle. The room they were stored in as a random room in her abandoned warehouse. Since there was nobody roaming around the neighborhood. She thought it'd be great to use the warehouse instead of Seoul.. where there could be people following or watching. 

Crystal sighed as she bent down next to Kris' hunched down figure. He let out slow breaths, aking it look like he was unconscious still. He felt a warm air around his left ear as he shivered down to the bone. 

"Kris, I know you're awake." Crystal whispered into his ear. 

"What are you doing?" Kris asked with gritted teeth. 

Hs head was down facingt he ground. Kris let our slow breaths that sounded a bit too scary for Crystal to handle. She coughed and stood up, brushing off her dirty knees. 

"I love you." Crystal awkwardly said. 

Kris' head shot up with a -are you ing kidding me?!- look on his face. She looked to meet his gaze, but ended up getting a fist full of 'I'm going to sell you to the black market when I get out of here'. Crystal immediately looked away and gulped. 

"Why?" Kris asked in a low whisper. 

He was mad and irritated to hear this nonsense she was spitting. Love? Are you serious?  Kris certainly couldn't control the urge to stand up and choke the living daylights out of Crystal. But Kris had been tightly tied from around his ankles to around his wrists. Honestly, he felt cage up like a zoo animal. Even though they weren't showing him off to the public he still felt like one because he also felt vulnerable.

Crystal fiddled with the phone that she pulled out of her back pocket and clicked the power button. Kris watched her dail something and that's when he knew she had his phone in her hands. She brought it down towards where his eyes were.

It was a video. 

Kris looked up at Crystal as she clicked the play button. It looked like a tall slim man hooking his arm around the petite boyish looking girl's arm. They happily walked as if they were a family. That's when 3 kids came into view, tugging and tugging happily to the 2 parents who were enjoying their free time. His eyes widened in size once he saw the faces of the people. 

Chanyeol and Amber hooking arms happily. 

3 kids = Kristine, Christopher, and Hyunwoo. 

"W-What is this?!" Kris asked, worried that Amber could be cheating on him with his best friend. 

Crystal retrieved the phone with a smirk. 

"They don't need you Kris." Crystal stated with a soft smile.

"Don't need me? I provided them with my life for several years already!" Kris yelled out, waking up Lay in the process. 

Kris didn't want to be mean to a girl, but he had to. Kris hit Crystal down by the legs as she fell to the ground, maybe spraining her ankle in the process. She winced in pain, grabbing her ankle and squeezing it. She glared at Kris who shrugged innocently like he didn't do anything. 

Crystal managed to get up by supporting herself with the wall. She winced and headed out of the room with tears rolling down her face. From sadness and pain. The sadness coming from Kris pushing her and being ignorant towards her pain and pain from when Kris pushed her down which broke her heart.