17.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

 

*****Not edited.. psh, when are my stories even edited? xD

 

"Mommy?" Hyunwoo walked into his parents room to finding it empty and clean. 

   Hyunwoo smiled brightly and turned his attention towards the wooden drawer that had dust on it because it was untouched after his real Father had left. He opened it with difficulty since he a small kid that ate bunches yet never grew. Hyunwoo found a pastel colored scrapbook that had foreign words on it. Hyunwoo got his brain and looks from his Father, but the height was either Amber or Kris since he wasn't fully grown yet. 

​    He opened the scrapbook and saw the many photos of his Mom and real Dad. There were pictures of them at the beach, a cafe, and a few other places Hyunwoo couldn't make out. Hyunwoo ran his fingers softly on his real Dad's face. 

"If only the others knew.." Hyunwoo softly said. 

​    There was a sudden call out for him as he quickly and quietly put away the scrapbook by shoving it underneath the bed. He sat criss crossed and waited for someone to enter the room. 

"Yo, Hyunwoo... What are you doing?" Chanyeol questioned, seeing his son just sitting their with a bright smile on his face. 

"Nothing, just sitting here." Hyunwoo giggled. 

​    Chanyeol watched his kid laugh silently, but Hyunwoo stopped shortly and ran out of the room within in the speed of lightning. Chanyeol scratched his head confusedly. 

"Hey, kids?" Chanyeol shouted from his bedroom. 

"Yes?" They responded from downstairs. 

"I'm going to work. Tell your mom that I'll be late tonight. So for now, stay with the old man downstairs." Chanyeol smirked when he heard Kris shout 'Hey!' to him. 

​    Chanyeol soon left the house and Kris was now left to handle his kids. He still vaguely remembered what they liked when they were babies, but who knows? Their taste buds might have changed already. 

"So.." Kris trailed off. Kris scratched the back of his head, looking at each and every one of them. 

"Dad, tell us about yourself." Hyunwoo asked, his eyes twinkling.

"D-Dad? Did you just call me your Dad?" Kris shockingly asked with his eyes widened in excitement. 

"You are my real Dad." Hyunwoo stated in his cute baby voice. 

"Why are you so smart?! I am your Dad, Hyunwoo!" Kris happily said as he picked up Hyunwoo while spinning him around. 

"Hyunwoo, are you crazy? Our Dad just left." Kristine stubbornly said with crossed arms. 

She's the one that definitely takes after Amber, but looks like me..

"Say kids, how about we go to the park?" Kris suggested. 

"I don't want to go anywhere with you." Christopher stated snootily. 

"Christopher Allen Wu. We are going to the park whether you like it or not." Kris demanded in a fatherly tone. 

"Yes sir!" Christopher shouted instinctively. 

"Woah, you guys are like military children." Kris laughed and grabbed the coats of the children. 

​    Kris managed to put on Hyunwoo and Christophers coats with ease, but when it came to Kristine. She was stubborn and whined that she didn't want to put on her coat even though he had picked her favorite red wool trench coat to wear. Kris didn't like how she was being a snooty brat, but he had to live with it. This was how Amber was when they were little. Amber would always reject things being given to her. Amber liked to stay home so she could play with her dolls and sleep. 

"Kristine, we can have ice cream." Kris persuaded. Kristine turned away from him with crossed arms. She looked the other way and tried to avoid any possible eye contact with Kris. 

"Do you hate me?" Kris fearfully asked with a raised eyebrow. 

​    Kristine nibbled on her bottom lip as she took a quick glance Kris' puppy eyes. Kristine fully turned towards him and set her little hands on the sides of his face. She pinched her cheeks while laughing. 

"Smile." Kristine softly said with a smile planted on her face. 

"Let's get your jacket on Kristine." Kris ruffled her hair and helped her put on her jacket with ease this time. 

"Now, let's go!" Kris shouted, holding the hands of Kristine and Christopher while Hyunwoo walked in front of them. 

​    Hyunwoo was estatic to go and hangout with his Dad. Real quality father and son time with the exception of his younger siblings. He didn't even know why his Mother had triplets. They were all nothing alike. They had different abilities, talents, hobbies, and heck. They hardly even looked the same now! 

 

​   ========================================

 

​     Kris sat on a swing and watched them go up and down the slides, climb the rock wall, and all the other fun stuff you can find at a playground. They went to a playground that was just a few blocks away from the house since they didn't want to go to far. Besides, this playground had a lot to offer. The memories at this park would always cloud Kris' memory whenever he passed by it, but that was before. Now, memories were fading and he didn't even know why he was still in Korea or living in his house with his wife sleeping with another man. 

"Dad, come play with us! We found a ball!" Hyunwoo excitedly said while dragging Kris off the bench and to the basketball court. 

 

============================================

 

​    The kids 'oohed' and 'awed' at the Father who was making 3 pointers into the basketball hoop. Kris WAS the captain of the basketbal team and he was definitely the best. He wondered why he didn't take the sporting life instead of his boring business life. He could've done both if his Father would have let him but family first. 

"I wanna learn!" Christopher shouted, arms raised high in the air for Kris to pick him up and let him shoot the ball. 

"Okay, hold the ball tightly!" Kris told him. 

​    Kris picked him up from behind and ran towards the basketball hoop. He lifted Christopher high up into the air as Christopher dunked the ball. Kris was happy to finally find the same alikes with his kids. Hyunwoo soon came over and jumped up in the air to be carried by Kris. Kris gladly took him in his arms and helped him shoot the ball from a few feet away. Hyunwoo successfully made it in as Kris turned towards Kristine who was watching in amazement. He walked over to her and nudged her. She looked up at him with a confused look on her face until he pointed towards the basketball hoop. Kristine smiled brightly and excitedly took the ball. 

"Hold on tight Kristine!" Kris shouted happily that his daughter would also be influenced in basketball like the boys. 

"Ah!" Kristine let out a little squeal when the ball went into the hoop. 

​    Kris set her down and watched the kids cheer since they had all gotten the ball into the hoop. They turned to Kris who was just standing there from afar and watching. They ran towards him and hugged his legs. Kris smiled cheerfully. 

Right now, he knew he had definitely gained their trust and at the most; Kris had definitely gained the most trust from Hyunwoo. 

 

==========================

 

"Krystal, what should I do?" Amber asked, pooped out from the stress the kids and men were giving her that week. 

Krystal walked in with 2 mugs of hot chocolate as she fixed her skirt and sat down on the expensive leather couch. She slide the cup towards Amber who was sitting across from her. Amber gladly took it and immediately started drinking it despite it being piping hot. Amber her lips and let her tongue hang out from burning it. 

"Dork." Krystal commented as she set down her mug. 

"What am I going to do Soojung-ah?" Amber used her real name because she was serious about this. 

"What were their options for you?" Krystal asked, leaning back while relaxation engulfed her entire body. 

"Kris said to leave both of them and take the kids! He told me to just leave! Chanyeol said to forget everything and that he'd still love me if I went to Kris. I cna't choose what to do because they're both heartbreaking." Amber explained quickly. 

"Well, you need to calm down before you have a heart attack at an early age already." Krystal chuckled even though Amber's situation was bad. "Have you tried spending time with each of them and seeing which one you enjoyed the most?" Krystal suggested. 

"No, Krystal. I thought this would be easier since Kris and I already married. We vowed to love and cherish eachother until we die. I feel like I'm going to killing Chanyeol if I leave him." Amber said, rubbing her temples frustratedly. 

"Then let the kids decide. As long as the kids are happy then you'll be happy right? And also, you and Kris share a body for gods sake! You and Chanyeol have made out a couple of times, but they never led to or anything did they? He's still a right? Then there's your answer! It's definitely Kris you're choosing!" Krystal shouted, seeing the easy way out of things. 

"Krystal, I told you it isn't easy and Chanyeol's not a . He's was a bit of a player back then and kind of got a girl pregnant, but the poor baby died from some disease. Chanyeol won't talk about it." Amber said. 

​    Krystal stared at her best friend sympathetically. She switched sides and sat right beside Amber, pulling Amber into her embrace. Amber wrapped her arms around Krystal's waist and hid her face in Krystal's arm. 

"You'll soon get his figured out." Krystal softly said. 

"What would you pick?" Amber asked, muffled into Krystal's arm. 

"I'd pick the kids. Let them pick." Krystal replied as she ended with a sigh. 

"Maybe you're right." Amber sighed and released her arms from around Krystal's waist. 

"Now go home and get some rest." Krystal giggled and ruffled Amber's hair. 

"Thanks for everything Mrs. Kim." Amber laughed and  got up as she exited Krytal's office.

"You too... Mrs. Wu." Krystal softly said after Amber had left the room.