15.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

"Ready?" Lay asked, putting the last thing he needed in his duffel bag. 

"Yep.." Kris replied as he rubbed the back of his neck since it ached. 

   The boys slowly descended down the staircase without making a single sound. They saw Crystal passed out onto the couch and Sam sitting by here, her hair with a soft smile on his face. Lay smirked and elbowed Kris who was already heading towards the door. Kris turned around to see Lay pointing at Sam and Crystal. 

"Let's go." Kris straightforwardly said without a care in the world. 

   Sam gave him a -c'mon man, why you gotta be so loud?- look. Kris shrugged and headed towards the door with a smirk on his face. 
They got to the car and headed out away from Housesteads. Kris and Lay finally felt free now. They could go back after these past 2 years of hell with Crystal and being locked up in a mental institution. 

"Finally." Lay whispered, pressing his hand against the car window. 

"Definitely." Kris responded to him also in a whisper. 

South Korea

"We're home, korea." Kris said as he stretched his arms out. 

"Finally~ I can't wait to go home and see my Mom." Lay added in.

"Well, where should I drop you guys off?" Sam asked with a smile planted on his face. 

"The Wu Residence." 
"The Zhang Company." 

    Kris couldn't stop trembling. His conscience was telling him that she was with another man and his heart said that she wasn't. He didn't notice that they were already in front of his house where the lights were dimmed from inside. The only thing about the house that changed was the front where a bunch of the kids small cars and tricycles were on the left side of the porch. 

   Kris saluted and headed towards the direction of his house. He sighed and felt tiny droplets of rain falling upon him. He shieled his head with the back of his hand as he marched up the steps happily. Kris looked through the window where there was a tiny crack and saw Amber sitting with the kids right next to her. They were watching TV, something Amber enjoyed doing. He was about to put his hand on the doorknob until he saw a tall man come into view. He was about the same height as himself and he also had black hair. Kris furrowed his eyebrows and looked closely despite the mist blurring the view of the family. 

    The man kissed Amber on the cheek and backhugged her as he was standing and she was on the couch. The kids jumped up and hugged the man like their life depended on it. The man carried two of the kids while laughing as Kris clearly saw the mans face. 

    It was Park Chanyeol. 

    Thunder erupted from the sky, making the kids from inside scream in terror. Kris gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. He knew this would happen. He trusted Amber to the point where he'll give his life for her. Now, it was all over. Kris turned around and looked at the rocks on the ground getting hit harshly by the pouring rain. He scoffed and the inside of his mouth. Kris walked slowly towards the bench swing and set his things down below it. 

"I saw it coming.. I-I have no one else now." Kris trembled, wrapping his arms around himself. 

    A trail of tears flowed down Kris' face. He wiped them away as he sniffed up the snot that was forcing to make it's way out. He dryly laughed and looked up to stop the flow of tears, but it wouldn't stop. Kris glanced at his watch and it was 10PM. He forced himself to check and look through the window, once again. 

    He got up and looked through it, wiping away the mist.

    They were gone. 

     There was another sound of thunder as Kris went back to the bench swing. He could hear loud footsteps from inside the house, but he thought he was hallucinating. 

"I'm going mental.." Kris closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. 

"Chanyeol-ah, I swore I saw him! I'm not lying! I need to see if it's him!" Kris could hear Amber yelling from inside. 

"Mommy, no! It's scary outside!" He heard the kids yelling. 

"Amber!" Chanyeol yelled also, chasing her down the stairs. 

   The front door opened, revealing Amber's happy-teary face from seeing Kris wrapped in a ball on the bench swing. She ran towards him and hugged him. He lifted his head up and saw a overjoyed angel with tears running down it's eyes. Kris blinked a few times as the tears unblurred his vision. 

   In front of him was the one and only, Amber Wu. 

  He immediately hugged her back in tears of joy. He got out off the swing and wrapped his arms around Amber's waist. She hadn't changed one bit. He smiled brightly, carrying her and swinging her around. Chanyeol and the kids watched from the sidelines. Chanyeol's heart hurt more than ever. He was back and that means, Amber was definitely going to go back to him despite all the kisses that they had together. She'll absolutely go back to him. Chanyeol walked back inside the house, shaking his head back and forth. He walked upstairs and opened the door to the bathroom. He punched the wall with all his might, sobbing. 

"She d-definitely go back to him." Chanyeol clenched his fist in pure agony.

     Kris set Amber down as he stared at the kids in front of him that looked confused more than ever. Kris walked towards them slowly and crouched down in front of them. 

"Annyeong, kids. I'm your Dad." Kris smiled and patted each and one of their heads. 

"No you're not! Park Chanyeol is our Daddy!" Kristine yelled with tears b her wide and sad eyes. 

    Kris' heart broke as he watched Kristine run back inside yelling 'Daddy'. Kris watched Hyunwoo and Christopher also call out to their Dad. Kris shook his head and fell on his . He felt useless now. Amber crouched down beside him and gave him a soft smile. 

"Did you re-marry?" Kris whispered, looking down. 

"Nope, but we do share a ring." Amber replied as she looked away from him. 

"Tch, I thought so. I knew you wouldn't have waited for me." Kris scoffed, picking his head up. 

"Don't say that Kris. I still love you. I do.." Amber trailed off. 

"If you still loved me then why are you and my best friend kissing eachother, sleeping with eachother, taking care of my kids together huh?!" Kris started off softly, but ended angrily. 

"Kris! Stop! You don't know how hard this is on me! The kids needed a Father and you go off on me like that!" Amber yelled at him angrily. 

   Kris stood up and looked down, right into Amber's face where there was no space whatsoever. 

"You still would have waited for me." Kris said with gritted teeth. 

"I just told you I still loved you." Amber replied back, desperately. 

"If you loved me then you would have waited!" Kris screamed at her. 

   Amber fell to the ground and buried her face in her hands. Kris watched her fall down as she sobbed silently. It was raining and it was cold. He felt as if his feelings were numb. He cried silently also, watching Amber cry. 

"W-Why won't you listen to me?" Amber looked up, her eyes glistening from the tears. 

"Mommy! Mommy! Daddy won't open the door! Hurry! I think he's hurt!" Christopher yelled while crying. 

"We'll talk later. You can take the guest room or the couch. Whatever you prefer." Amber up her tears as she ran inside the house to find Chanyeol. 

   Amber tousled her hair and ran up the steps with Christopher leading right in front of her. She wiped her tears away and knocked on the door. 

"Yeol-ah." Amber called out, pressing her ear against the door. 

   There was complete silence. She furrowed her eyebrows and tried opening the door, but it was locked. She was panicking now. She jiggled the doorknob many times, seeing if it would unlock by itself. Amber knocked constantly, waiting for a reply. 

"Go away.." Chanyeol grunted. 

"Yah, open the door!" Amber yelled. 

"I said go away." Chanyeol said in a voice with no emotion added to it. 

   She could hear sniffling from inside the bathroom as she jiggled the doorknob once more. 

"Let me in!" Amber banged on the door. 

"No, just let me die in here." Chanyeol replied with the same voice. 

"Chanyeol, don't do this to me! Open the ing door before I knock it down!" Amber yelled, tears streaming down her face. 

"Are the kids with you?" Chanyeol asked with curiousity clouding his voice. 

"Yes and they're worried about you!" Amber responded in a softer tone yet it was urgent. 

   Chanyeol got up from the toilet seat and unlocked the door. Amber walked in slowly, looking around to seeing the wall having several dents in it. Her eyes widened as she looked down at Chanyeol who was back to sitting on the toilet seat. She grabbed his hand it was throbbing from being smashed against the wall many times. Amber instinctively grabbed the first aid kit out of the medicine cabinet and got out the supplies while trembling. 

   Kris watched from afar as Amber was fixing up Chanyeol's badly injured fist. Kris walked back downstairs towards the couch where his heart felt like it was torn out. He laid down and wrapped himself in the blanket that was already laid out on the couch for him. He sobbed softly into the couch pillow, drifting off to a sadness of slumber. 

"Chanyeol-ah, why?" Amber sat on the floor, in front of the toilet seat he was sitting on. 

"Because, you're going back to him." Chanyeol replied, looking down at her straight in the eyes. 

"Mommy, is Daddy going to be alright?" Hyunwoo walked over and hugged Chanyeol's arm. 

   Hyunwoo also looked straight into Amber's eyes. His wide eyes jumping out of it's sockets cutely. Christopher and Kristine also came over, drapping a blanket over their Dad. Chanyeol softly smiled at the kids kind gestures. 

"After what I've gave them.. You're just going to throw me out? I love you, whether your decision doesn't include me." Chanyeol told her with a sincere look on his face. 

"Chanyeol-ah, please don't say that." Amber softly said, putting her arms around his waist. 

"I want to know if you actually loved me or not." Chanyeol straight forwardly said, removing her arms that were wrapped around his waist. 

    Amber paused and looked at the kids and at Chanyeol. They fit perfectly like a family, but did she really love Chanyeol? Amber hesitated for awhile and sighed to herself. She ran her fingers through her hair frustratedly. 

"Forget I even asked, Amber." Chanyeol softly said as he stood up, picking up all three kids in his arms. 

   Amber looked at his figure going into the darkness where the kids' room was at. He flicked on the lights and laid each kid in their bed. The all kissed his cheek after they had said good night to him. He waved to them and turned off the lights with a sigh. He closed the door to their bedroom as he looked down the hallway where Amber was still in the bathroom, sitting in front of the toilet seat. 

"Amber, let's go to sleep." Chanyeol said, not even looking at her. 

"Sure..." Amber replied lifelessly, but she stayed in a kneeling position in front of the toilet seat still. 

   Chanyeol sighed and went towards the bathroom as he picked up Amber bridal style. He walked towards their bedroom as he the lights. He ed her plaid dress shirt and slipped one of his t-shirts on her. She just sat there shocked, letting Chanyeol do all the work. He laid her down as he got into bed from the opposite side she was on. Chanyeol pressed his body closely to Amber's back, spooning her. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips on her temple, reassuring her that everything would be alright. 

"Just forget everything that happened today okay?" Chanyeol whispered into her ear as she turned to face him with her eyes closed. 

     Chanyeol smiled and pressed her close against his chest. Despite the that just happened that night, he wanted her to forget all the things that he said. 

"I'm s-sorry." Amber softly said into Chanyeol's chest.