21.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

 

Angel entered the café and found an empty table to sit at in the corner. She sat down and looked around the café that took her some 2 hours to find.

Note to self: Park Chanyeol is bad with directions.

“May I take your order?” The waitress asked with a bright smile on her face.

“U-Uh, iced mocha…?” Angel stumbled.

“You’re so cute! I’ll be with your mocha soon.” The waitress left with the bright smile still planted upon her face.

It’s been 5 minutes already and he said that he would be coming any minute.

“Where are you?” Angel asked herself as she tapped her foot impatiently.

Several minutes still have passed and he was still in no-

“Boo!” Chanyeol scared Angel.

Angel turned around and gave him a deathly glare. He flinched and hurriedly sat down across from her in hopes that she wouldn’t kick him from under the table.

“Thanks for coming.” Chanyeol beamed.

“No problem. What’s wrong?” Angel asked, tapping her newly polished nails on the table.

Chanyeol looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He looked like he was really troubled with something. Angel stopped tapping and observed Chanyeol’s slightest actions.

The waitress came by and set down the iced mocha, not wanting to spoil the moment between Chanyeol and Angel. The waitress just stood there for a second and waited for them to notice her since she wasn’t a ‘mood breaker’. Chanyeol noticed a pair of feet and slowly lifted his head up to see a bright girl in front of her.

“What would you like, Mr. Park?” she asked rather ecstatic that she has finally met him.

“Americano espresso… with whip cream and a double fudge chocolate cake; just two slices.” Chanyeol ordered.

“Would you like Ice Cream on your cake?” The waitress said with her head looking down at her notepad.

“No, thank you.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“I’ll be right out with it soon.” The waitress made no eye contact as she hurried into the kitchen.

Angel waited for Chanyeol to spark up the conversation again, but instead he was looking at her.

He was also hoping that she would spark up the conversation.

“So, ahem. You’ve been feeling lonely?” Angel questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Chanyeol nodded and took a sip from the water provided.

“And… what do you want me to do?” Angel asked as she laughed out loud.

“Please help me search for the perfect girl?” Chanyeol said not so sure of himself.

“Let’s go then.” Angel grabbed his wrist and walked towards the counter.

Chanyeol was about to say something, but it was too late. Angel had called out the waitresses to make his food to-go and for another slice of cake to be added to his order; since she was probably hungry too or wanted Chanyeol to pay a lot for her things.

“How much?” Chanyeol took his card out of his wallet once the waitress appeared with their food.

“Nope!” Angel suddenly yelled while opening her wallet.

Chanyeol snatched her wallet away and held it up in the air since she was about the same height as Amber which didn’t compare to his height. He stood on his tip toes also just to make it harder for Angel.

“Hey!” she yelled, jumping high for it.

“Credit!” Chanyeol slid his card quickly to the waitress.

The waitress took it, making their drinks become successfully paid.

“Chanyeol…” Angel pouted as she walked out of the café without him.

“Thank you for the coffee!” Chanyeol shouted, running after Angel who was already far down the street and at the bus stop.

After he had left, three waitresses came out of the kitchen and leaned onto the counter in a daze. They were twins and both brightly smiling with their pearly whites showing.

“Aren’t they just adorable?” The first waitress that had served Angel first questioned with a twinkle in her eye.

“I have a feeling that they’re not dating yet.” The second waitress that was fangirling over Chanyeol when he ordered.

“Haha, yet. I guess we’ll see them tomorrow too.” The last waitress that took Chanyeol’s money for the food he bought.