12.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

"Hey, where's Kris?" Chanyeol asked, feeding Hyunwoo. 

Amber widened her eyes and looked for the clock. It read 8PM and that meant Kris was supposed to be home half and hour ago. Amber furrowed her eyebrows and kept telling herself that he's fine and he just had to work overtime. That's when it hit her. 

"HE WOULD'VE CALLED! OH MY GOD, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO CHANYEOL?!" Amber screamed in terror. 

Chanyeol's eyes had widened to the size of D.O's eyes. He ran upstairs quickly to set down Hyunwoo in his bed before coming back down to comfort Amber who was having a mental breakdown. 

"Yah, it's okay. Let's just call." Chanyeol suggested in a soft voice unlike his hyper voice he had at Lotte World. 

Amber nodded and shakingly grabbed her phone to dial Kris' number. She pressed the phone tightly to her ear as Chanyeol walked beside her to also listen in to the conversation. Amber tapped her foot, waiting for her husbands voice to pop up cheerfully on the other end. But that's not what she got. Her facial expression changed as she heard the voicemail that was recorded not too long ago. The kids voices and his voice saying to leave a number and call again later. Amber called once more to make sure he wasn't out of the office or he didn't leave his phone. 

"He's not picking up." Amber said panicked. 

Chanyeol grabbed the phone out of her hand and dialed the companies main office. He waited until the operator directed him to Kris' company phone. 

"He's out right at the moment." The receptionist said. 

"Out? Who did he go out with?" Chanyeol asked confused. 

"That other chinese company with the psychotic heiress." The receptionest replied while laughing. 

"Psychotic heiress?" Chanyeol questioned. 

Amber's ears perked up as she heard 'Psychotic Heiress'. 

"Crystal!" Amber shouted. 

"Krystal? You mean he's going out with your best friend? What the hell!" Chanyeol angrily hung up the phone. 

"No! Crystal as in the Chinese heiress that Kris was arranged to marry long ago before him and I got married!" Amber got him out of his confusion. 

"That Yifei chick?" Chanyeol asked.

Amber nodded her head quickly. 

"THAT . I was arranged to marry her too! Thank god I didn't marry yet. She would have abducted me in my sleep and probably ually harrass me." Chanyeol sighed in relief as he pretended to wipe the fake sweat on his forehead. 

Amber furrowed her eyebrows at the derpy man in front of her. 

"What?" Amber asked while laughing. 

"Never mind. We should go find your husband." Chanyeol said, grabbing Amber's hand and dragging her outside to his car. 

"Wait! The kids!" Amber yelled out before he stuffed her into the passengers seat. 

"Oh yeah... I'll call Jongin and Krystal to watch them. Don't worry." Chanyeol gave her his biggest smile before getting inside the car and getting his phone out of his pocket. 

--

"Looks like your wife called 2 times." Crystal waltzed into the room, limping. 

"Tch, you think you'll keep me away from my wife?" Kris questioned hoarsely. 

"You're in England." Crystal spit out. 

Kris' head shot up immediately and so did Lays. 

"England?" They both said in unison yet they both had tired voices. 

"Of course. I wouldn't keep you in Seoul. That's risky. I'm a lot smarter than you think boys." Crystal crossed her arms with a sinister smile on her face. 

"What do you want with us?!" Lay yelled angrily. 

"I love you." Crystal softly said without looking at them. 

"You love Kris not–"

"I love you too Yixing ge. We were schoolmates when we first met.. You were the star of the show and I would be watching from home. My parents first wanted me to marry you, but at that time you had gone to Korea with Wu Fan also known as Kris. I saw you two walking to the market and you both looked nice. Like real gentleman. I wasn't able to meet Wu Fan until I was the right age for marriage and until now I met Yixing." Crystal explained. 

"You're such a psychotic ." Yixing cursed. 

"Am I?" Crystal replied with cuteness airing her voice. 

"Stop it. Take us back." Kris insisted with the sound of a plead coming out of his mouth. 

Crystal stared at him for a second or two, but she diverted her attention to somewhere else as he gave her a deathly glare. If looks could kill then she would probably be dead by now. 

"You two will be sharing a room and there will be no way out for you to leave England. You're staying her with me whether you like it not." Crystal strictly said as she walked out– more like stomping out. 

Kris turned to Lay who was trying to get out of the ropes, but they were tightly tied around his wrists and ankles. Kris watched him struggle with as he crawled over. Lay stopped moving as Kris attempted to take it out. While back to back, the guards came in and grabbed Kris and Lay roughly by the arms. They winced in pain from the rubbing of the ropes that were tightly against their skin. 

"Gentle!" Lay squeaked out which made Kris chuckle a bit despite the situation they were in right now. 

"Wow, boss. It's funny to see you laugh after what we've been through." Lay rolled his eyes as the body guard threw Lay over his shoulder with a small and deep 'oof'. 

"I guess someone's pms-ing right now." Kris mumbled inaudibly under his breath. 

"Only for you honey." Lay replied sweetly yet with a bit of sarcasm hanging off of it. 

"Ahem, I am married Zhang Yixing." Kris responded. 

Kris and Lay raised an eyebrow at the same time as they saw where they were going. They were finally going out to the outside world since there was sunlight coming through the windows. The guards opened the doors slowly as it creaked loudly. It was foggy and it smelled off morning dew. Crystal was outside motioning for the guards to get in quickly so people wouldn't see them being kidnapped. 

--

    A few hours after looking for Kris, Chanyeol decided that it was time to flip Seoul upside down if he couldn't find Kris in the next hour or so. Amber pouted and scanned the busy streets of Seoul. There was business men that she knew walking down the street towards the cross walk and Ahjummas rushing towards markets to sell and buy. Amber huffed out a breath of air, playing with the smoke coming out . Chanyeol watched her play with it since to his amazement, she was easily entertained by just a puff of air. He smiled at his brightest, watching her. 

    How come I never fell in love with her in the beginning? Was I still in my derp phase? Wait, that's a phase? I'm normally derpy though.. Chanyeol questioned himself in his head, thinking about the possible scenarios of Kris out of the picture. He quickly scolded himself again that day for driving Kris out of the picture so quickly. He didn't even know if it was love he was feeling or the feeling of needing a girlfriend badly. He sighed and let out a puff of air while stuffing his hands in his pockets to look for his phone. He pulled it out and it read 10PM. 

   That's right, they searched for about 2 hours just to look for the dang guy. He was nowhere in sight and Amber was probably tired. Jongin and Krystal are probably tired too. 

"Hey, maybe we should go home." Chanyeol suggested. 

"Yeah, you can stay over if you want." Amber replied tiredly while letting out a cute little yawn. 

    Chanyeol pinched her cheek as she fluttered her eyes tiredly. He laughed and opened the door for her to get in. She got in and immediately slumped into her seat like she was about to pass out any second. Chanyeol entered the car and drove off towards Amber's house. 

    Amber got out as Chanyeol sat in the car, spacing out about the worst case scenarios of Kris getting beaten to death by big American men that were probably twice Chanyeol's size. He gulped, but soon snapped back into reality once he saw a hand waving in front of his face. Amber's face popped into view with her beautiful smile. Chanyeol smiled back, but it looked awkward and creepy. Amber laughed and dragged him out of the car and towards the house. 

--

    They arrived at a home that looked like it was suited for a mental patient. There was one window and it looked like it was about 2 stories. It was just a skinny white building that had a door that camouflaged with the exterior of the house. It looked plain and it looked like a place where either Kris or Lay would go insane in. 

    Crystal got out while smiling at the house in front of her. She motioned with her leather gloved hand for the guards to go inside and place Kris and Lay down to their 'new' house. As they were being carried, they took a good look at the inside of the house. Their shoes were being taken off and were replaced by fluffy slippers. The house had windows at the back of the house, but only one in front. Weird, Kris and Lay thought. 

"Boys, this is your new home." Crystal smiled as she presented the new home with her arms out wide. 

"Can we please get down?" Lay asked a bit annoyed. 

   Crystal's happy expression now turned into a grouchy one. She walked towards Lay and grabbed his chin, swiftly yet gently. She looked straight into his expressionless eyes. He blinked a few times and Kris couldn't contain his laughter anymore, but he knew that he had to hold it in. 

"Remind me why I fell in love with you?" Crystal softly asked, grazing her lips against his cheek. 

    He jerked his head away quickly so she wouldn't touch her. Lay snarled and threw another deathly glare at her. As she repeats, if looks could kill then she'd be dead by now. 

"Send them to their rooms, prepare breakfast, switch their clothes, and lock down all the doors when you're done." Crystal ordered as she headed out of the house, but before she completely walked out she saluted to the boys with a smirk on her face. 

"Toodles, men."

    Crystal walked down the staircase and got inside her car to get to her new destination. Kris and Lay watched her go off as they were being put down on couches. Maids and other workers rushed in, placing locks on all the doors after the guards had left hot on Crystal's trail. Kris and Lay looked at eachother and gulped. 

"Whatever plan we come up with now.. will definitely not work." Kris whispered into Lay's ear. 

"Tch. I'll do whatever to get out of here Wu Fan." Lay replied with attitude. 

   And that's where their conversation ended. Just like that they were being pampered yet trapped into a tall house with such a small space. Kris felt like the walls were going to cave in and kill him breatheless. Lay thought the same, but it was more like the house falling on him and leaving him to bleed a painful death. 

   They lay in bed, thinking about what they were going to do next. They both had twin beds that were please against the wall. White sheets and everything, the wallpaper was light blue and had glow in the dark stars on it. Something close to a little kids room or what they presume as Crystal's room since they found a notebook full of Kris and Lay's names. They walked around the room aimlessly, wondering what they were now going to do. 

"I'm getting dizzy." Lay said tiredly. 

"Same here.. I'd rather die walking in a circle then go insane here." Kris replied, still walking in a circle. 

"We should ask if we can make phone calls..." Lay trailed off. 

"As if we were in jail?" Kris replied with a raised eyebrow. 

"As if we were in jail." Lay repeated what he had said, but turned it into a statement. 

"Then after you, Zhang Yixing." Kris pointed towards the door. 

"Don't mind if I do, Wu Yi Fan." Lay responded politely. 

   He turned the door knob slowly and stuck his head out of the door. Lay walked out of the room with his grey wool sweatpants brushing against his skin. Kris followed right after, leaving a small opening so they would know which room they were staying in. 

" it." Lay said as he threw his hands in the air. 

  Kris furrowed his eyebrows as he caught up to Lay who was running down the staircase now. Kris was apalled at how fast Lay needed to get to a phone. This time Kris sped up so that he would be right beside Lay, but Lay had slowed down just to fool Kris. Kris ran right pass him confused. He turned around and saw Lay walking with a smirk on his face. Kris rolled his eyes and walked beside Lay slowly. 

"Idiot." Lay said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

"Shut up before I slit your throat." Kris replied with a laugh. 

"Looks like someone got violent." Lay said which made both of them laugh. 

   They finally reached the end of the staircase. Lay spotted a maid cleaning downstairs as he ran towards her. She was surprised by the air passing by her as she looked up to see a handsome dimple boy in front of her and a stiff faced black haired man that looked like he just came back from the Army. 

"Do you boys need anything?" The maid said in English. 

"U-Uh, we need.. uhh.." Lay tried figuring out his words in English, but he definitely didn't study enough during his school years. 

"We're looking for a phone." Kris pushed Lay out of the way and said with a small innocent smile appearing on his face. 

"O-Oh, you're not permitted to use the phone. I'm sorry." The maid bowed and apologized shyly. 

"Not permitted to use the phone? But I need to call my wife and children!" Kris yelled, immediately turning angry. 

"Yah! What did she say?" Lay asked, tapping Kris' shoulder. 

"We're not allowed to use the phone." Kris mumbled, pissed off. 

"Oh . You! Miss, you do not want to make Duizhang mad or he'll slit your throat and sell you to the black market!" Lay threatened the maid in Chinese, but she obviously didn't know what he was talking about since she only understood English. 

"He said, Oh . You! Miss, you do not want to make Duizhang or me mad or I'll slit your thrroat and sell you to the black market." Kris recited, a glare forming in his eyes. 

    The maid gulped and fiddled with the hem of her uniform shirt. Kris saw the nervous look on the girls eyes as he sent lasers through them. The stare sent shivers down her body as she reached into her pocket quickly, taking out an old Nokia phone. Kris smirked and grabbed the phone out of her hands. 

"Thank you." Kris showed his appreciation with a small wave as he started dialing the number to Amber's cell. 

"Sorry, but this phone is currently turned off. Please leave a voicemail." The operator said in its staccato robotic tone. 

"Aish! She's not picking up! I bet she's worried sick.." Kris worried as he bit his bottom lip. 

"I need to call my Mom. I bet she's going to kill me for getting kidnapped. Ya know.. She could probably help us!" Lay exclaimed, dialing the number to his Mom's cell. 

   There were several rings for the anticipation of Lays Mother's voice. It was already close to the last ring probably and she still wasn't picking up. Lay was frustrated and was about to push the end button, but a tired voice was heard. 

"Wei?" Lay's mother had said like she had just woken up. 

"Mama! You answered! I'm so happy! How are you doing mama?" Lay asked immediately, but earned a slap on the head from Kris. 

"I'm doing fine.. say, why aren't you at home. It's late and your dinner is getting cold." Lays mom answered. 

"Well, mama.. I got into a situation which is somewhat hard to fix?" Lay said into the phone, but it turned into a question instead. 

"Tell me what happened now young man." Lay's mom strictly said. 

"Uh, well you see. This girl really loves Wu Fan and I and she kidnapped us to England.. We don't know where we are right now except for the country we're in. And she's locked us up into a place that looks like a mental institution." Lay finished off swiftly. 

"England you say? Should I send the mafia?" Lay's mom asked eager. 

"No! Mama, don't do that! Let's be rational!" Lay panicked. 

"But whyyy? We never get to use the mafia! They're just a phone call away.." Lay's mom trailed off as if she was upset about the idea of not involving the mafia. 

"Mama, no. We can not do that. Imagine the citizens of England finding out that a crazy Chinese lady hid us deep in England because she's loco." Lay replied. 

"Okay, okay. How's my baby doing?" Lay's mom asked in a soft and mother-like tone. 

"I'm doing fine act–" 

"I was talking about Wu Fan. Wu Fan, are you there?" Lay's mom excitedly asked. 

"Yes I'm here, Auntie. I've been fine. How have you been doing?" Kris asked with smirk directing towards Lay who was pouting. 

"I've been fine. Just my back being sore nowadays." Lay's mom chuckled. 

"I'll make sure to send Ginseng when Yixing and I are out of here." Kris assured with a smile. 

"Aiya! You're so nice!" Lay's mom praised him. 

"Excuse me, but that Miss will be here soon. I do not want to get in trouble for lending you the phone." The maid from earlier had shyly said, holding her hand out. 

"We have to go, the psychotic girl is back! Bye and do not call back okay? Bye, we love you!" Lay quickly said to his mom who had squeezed in a 'Eat all your food, stay healthy, and I love you' in there. 

   Crystal walked in on Lay and Kris on the couch, just sitting their like they had already gone crazy. It was there act to play along and go crazy and fidgeting like a person with Turrets Syndrome. She walked over with her eyebrows furrowed and her arms crossed. Crystal looked closely at their faces, but she screamed loudly when out of nowhere. Lay made a weird noise and flailed his arms in the air. Kris suddenly did the same too. 

"Someone come here!" Crystal yelled out, worried that something may have happened to Lay and Kris. 

    The maid from earlier came in and bowed to Crystal who was staring at the men in horror. The maid laughed a little, but made sure it was silent so Crystal wouldn't hear. The maid had actually overheard the mens plan earlier when they were 'secretly' hiding behind the kitchen counter where she was preparing Chicken Salad for them since it was morning and they had not eaten anything since whenever their last meal was. The maid could understand Chinese and Korean, but she had to tell them that she only spoke English for she was supposed to be a disgrace to her family for learning another language besides her native tongue. Long story short, she was not wanted at home anymore except for Crystal's household.

"Can you call a doctor? I think there's something wrong with the men." Crystal asked, still staring a the weird men in front of her. 

"I don't think that's necessary, Miss Crystal. You would have to send them to the hospital that's about 3 miles away from here. Since they won't make in house calls. You would have to take them by car." The maid said, hinting towards the men that they could probably escape.

"No, I'll just leave them as they are. Please help them with some medicine then." Crystal said as she quickly got out of the house, not wanting to deal with the men until they were perfectly sane.

    Lay and Kris went back to normal as they burst out laughing. They high fived eachother in victory, knowing that they had scared the witch back into it's lair. The maid crossed her arms and cleared at the two men before her having their celebration. She rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen. 

"Lunch is ready!" She called out. 

--

    Amber couldn't sleep one bit without Kris beside her. She hoped and hoped that he would be safe and sound. That he would come home with no scratches and just that precious stiff smile he would give to her whenever he was being his cheesiest. She missed having his arms around her waist and him snuggling his face into her neck which made her tickle. She tossed and turned for she wasn't even tired enough to go to bed yet. Even though she was yawning earlier, it was impossible now. 

"I mind as well get up now.." Amber mumbled under her breath. 

  She hopped out of bed as she sauntered her way down the stairs, trying not to make a sound. Amber heard the TV going off and thought it was Chanyeol, but there was nobody on the couch. She looked around the living room and found that it was empty except for the eerie silence and her breathing. 

"Is anybody in here?" Amber called out. 

   That's when she heard the scattering of feet come close to her. Amber turned around quickly to see the kitchen lights on now. She raised an eyebrow along with her big eyes opening widely. She tip-toed towards the kitchen door as she saw a tall man with black hair pop up. She was excited to see Kris finally here, but that's when the creepy smile erupted from the man. 

"Sorry, I was hungry and I couldn't sleep.." He said as he scratched his head cutely. 

"It's fine C-Chanyeol. I couldn't sleep either.." Amber replied, walking over to him. 

"Would you like me to make you something to eat? Like cookies or ddukbokki?" Amber offered, taking the handle of the fridge away from his grasp. 

"Cookies sound great." Chanyeol answered with his derpy smile and messy black bed hair. 

"Then I'll be on it." Amber smiled and grabbed the ingredients. 

"Mind if I help?" Chanyeol asked, grabbing the eggs and flour. 

"Of course." Amber smiled at him. 

   A few minutes later, they were white from head to toe. They were pouring flour into the bowl, but Chanyeol had also gotten some on his finger while he did it. He wiped it on Amber's cheek and she immediately grabbed flower to blow it into his face. He returned the same which resulted into a fight full of flour. The kitchen was a mess and Amber was definitely sure that the maid would not like to see this. They laughed together as they cleaned the kitchen calmly while also waiting for the cookies to be done. 

  The cookies were finally done and they were now eating them like hungry animals. Right now, they were playing a little game of questions that Chanyeol came up with since he wanted to know more about Amber. 

"What have you always wanted to do?" Chanyeol asked Amber, looking up from taking several cookies into his palm. 

"Yah! They're not going to leave the tray Chanyeol! And I don't know.. before I got married, I wanted to experience love 2 times at least to have experience. Turns out I got to date once which was Kris." Amber sighed inwardly. 

  It suddenly got a bit awkward as they ate their cookies leisurely. Amber had no other questions since she probably asked him a 3 page long full of questions. 

"What have you always wanted to do, Chanyeol?" Amber asked with a soft smile on her face. 

    Chanyeol had a cookie hanging out his mouth as he was shocked by her question. He gulped down the cookie and wondered about her question. He was a bit hesitant at first, but he took a deep breath and decided that he would be a bad boy. 

"I've always wanted to do this." Chanyeol confidently said. 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He pulled Amber in by the hand and with the other hand at the back of her neck, he kissed her. 


 

 

Author's Note: 

Haha, SCREW YOUR GUY'S IDEAS. I'M GOING WITH YESEURIS. XD I REALLY LIKE THIS OMG. I HAVEN'T MADE A CHAPTER THIS LONG. 

This is what happen when you give me inspiration. 

Inspiration = Long Chapters. 

tell me what you think! 

Also, happy birthday Sehun-ah! Here is my edit for his birthday! 

-kydelee♥