19.

Buddies To Boyfriend: Boyfriend To Lovers

What am I going to do? I don't want the kids to pick because I want to choose... but who would I pick? 

Kris walked inside the kitchen as he saw Amber in deep thought. He stayed to watch her until she snapped back into reality instead of getting a sandwich like he planned. Oh, how much he wanted to hug her and tell her all the things he wanted for them—for their future together. God damn, Chanyeol is in the way so everything get's complicated. 

"Mind as well give up..." Kris devastatedly said as he let out a long sigh. 

"Oh, you're here?" Amber asked in surprise. 

"I've been here for about 4 minutes. You seemed to be in deep thought... Is there something wrong?" Kris asked with his back facing Amber. 

"I don't think I should tell you–"

"Mom! Guess what I found out?" Hyunwoo excitedly ran into the kitchen holding Kris and Amber's wedding photobook. 

Kris turned around to see what the noise was as he caught sight of the photobook in Hyunwoo's hands. Amber seemed to notice too since her eyes were widened in shock. Hyunwoo looked up at both of them and what seemed to be a smirk ended up being an adorable smile. 

"Look here! It's Kris and you!" Hyunwoo squealed in delight. 

He pointed to the many pictures of Krisber kissing, holding each other in their arms, and many other couple poses. Hyunwoo was excited when he came to the one where Kris was on a bench laying his head down on Amber's lap. There were colorful balloons everywhere in the picture with Amber smiling down at Kris, hands in his hair and Kris smiling up at Amber with his hands on his chest. Hyunwoo stared up at his two wonderful parents and wondered what they were feeling right now. 

"Kris, are you my real Dad?" Hyunwoo excitedly brought up. 

Amber turned to Kris with a worried look as Hyunwoo turned towards him with a look full of anticipation. Kris looked at both of them while gulping. He didn't know what to say. Was he supposed to say 'yes' or deny that he was just an old friend of Ambers? 

"I-I am your real Dad, Hyunwoo." Kris stammered. 

"Yes! I knew it! I knew my Dad wasn't Chanyeol!" Hyunwoo yelled, overjoyed by the fact that Park Chanyeol wasn't his Dad, but instead... Kris Wu was his real Dad. 

Kris and Amber were a bit surprised by Hyunwoo's sudden actions. They looked at eachother as Hyunwoo bounced off the walls from excitement. Hyunwoo turned to them and ran into Kris' arms. 

"Win my mommy's heart okay?" Hyunwoo whispered into Kris' ear. 

"Okay." Kris replied with a small smile. 

"Bye, mommy and daddy~" Hyunwoo cooed while running out, leaving the photobook behind on the kitchen counter. 

Amber sighed and turned in her chair towards the photobook. Kris went back to the other side of the kitchen, going back to making his beloved sandwich. It kind of surprised him. He would have never known that Hyunwoo had those feelings. It makes sense that Hyunwoo was definitely his child since Hyunwoo wasn't as hyper as Chanyeol. Hyunwoo also looked like Kris from when he was little. So there's not doubt about it that Kris was Hyunwoo's real Dad. 

"Amber, tell me how you feel..." Kris trailed off, wondering if he should have said that or not. 

"What do you mean?" Amber asked, flipping through the photobook with a smile on her face. 

"How do you feel about me?" Kris asked with confidence spurring out of him like a waterfall. 

"What do I think about you? Hmm...you're kind, gentle, humourous, and intelligent." Amber recited from their wedding night when they were alone in the limo together getting ready to go to Thailand for their honeymoon. 

"That's what you said..." 

"I know what I said, Kris. I still think about the things we did together." Amber sighed and closed the photobook entirely. 

"Hey, can I ask you what you think about Chanyeol?" Kris silently asked. 

"I think he's hyper, derpy, and very literate in his work." Amber quickly said. Kris paused before saying something, but Amber decided to speak up. "That was what I told him when he gave me my ring." Amber explained to Kris. 

Kris slowly walked over to Amber with his sandwich as he ate in peace. There was a way he could win all of this, but how exactly?

--------------

"Hello?" Kris answered his phone. 

"Gege!" Kris heard a familiar girl voice scream into the reciever. 

"Uh, who is this?" Kris said, confused since no one really called him 'Gege' except for his younger guy friends. 

"It's Angel! I'm coming to Korea~" Angel screamed into the phone. 

"Aiya, speak softer. You're blowing my ear drums." Kris irritatedly said, but he had a smile on his face because it's been a long time since Angel has spoken to him. His favorite cousin on Earth. 

"Well, this Chinese country girl is going to South Korea to see the city life!" Angel softly said. 

"Oh really? Miss Bumpkin is coming to the city life? That sounds like a bunch of bull." Kris joked around. He assumed that Angel could tell that he was joking, but she decided to take it on further. 

"Wow, I was going to visit you and your wife and you do this to me? You're mean, Wu Fan." Angel angrily replied, making Kris feel guilty. 

"O-Oh, I'm sorry Angel. I didn't mean—"

"Bingo. So, pick me up at Incheon Airport at 5? Yes? Okay then. Buh-bye!" Angel hung up before Kris could even reply to her joke. 

Kris ran his fingers through his hair and stared at his phone. I can't believe you're coming to Korea when times are rough... Kris sighed and slowly got out of his chair. He headed towards the door to his office. As he opened it, Amber was in front of him. She was fixing her hair and didn't notice that the door was now open. 

"Ahem." Kris cleared his throat. 

Amber looked alarmed. She started saying incoherent words as she stammered. He smiled and patted her head, putting his arm around her shoulder. 

"Why'd you come?" Kris asked, pushing the elevator button. 

"I wanted to hang out... without the kids." Amber softly responded, looking down. 

Kris let out a soft chuckle and walked into the elevator with Amber right beside him. She giggled a little, wondering where he was taking her. She looked up at his face and noticed that he was in deep thought. Amber tilted her head from inspecting him up and down. There was something glowing about him right now, she thought. 

"Take a picture while you're at it, it'll last longer." Kris jokingly said as he looked down at Amber who had wide eyes. 

"Is there something on my face or am I just that good looking?" Kris questioned with a raised eyebrow. 

She punched his shoulder and mumbled something that seemed like 'conceited jerk'. Kris silently laughed, making sure that she didn't hear it yet his chest was going up a down from laughing. 

--------

"Where are we going?" Amber asked for the nth time. 

Kris replied with a hum again. Ever since they both got into the car, his response to her was always 'hmm' or 'shh'. She was surely getting impatient, but Kris forcefully pushed that thought to the back of his head. He could see her pout at the corner of his eye. He smiled and just kept driving towards Incheon. 

"The airport? Where are we going?" Amber curiously asked. 

"Just come on." Kris motioned her towards the entrance of the airport. 

"Fine then..." Amber softly replied, following from behind him. 

They got inside as Kris searched around for Angel. He looked left and right, waiting for the bright and burstful country bumpkin to walk confusedly out of the terminal doors. Amber watched Kris' anxious face and wondered why he was like this for someone. She looked closely at the doors and saw an angelic girl look lost. 

Angel narrowed her eyes and looked through the crowd. She saw many foreigners and koreans, hugging their relatives or loved ones. She pouted and kept searching until she saw someone with black hair pop there head out of the crowd. Angel smiled brightly and ran towards the man, stumbling over her feet. 

"WU FAN!" Angel yelled, throwing Kris off by surprise. 

He caught her in his arms and looked down at her bright presence. She looked up at him as she sensed that he was glowing more than usual. Angel tip toed and kissed his cheek while Amber watched jealously by the sidelines. Kris smiled and kissed her back on the cheek as he embraced her lovingly. 

"Oh! Here's my wife, Amber." Kris dragged Angel towards Amber who felt like crap because of all the jealousy she felt earlier. 

"My name is Xian Angel. I'm Kris' most favorite cousin in the whole wide world!" Angel said while enveloping Amber in to a bear hug. 

"K-Kris' most favorite cousin in the whole wide world?" Amber repeated in a questioning tone. I can't believe I got jealous for nothing...

"Please introduce yourself." Angel said with a smile so bright, she could make the dark side come to the bright side if that made sense. 

"A-Amber Liu." Amber introduced herself, but was nudged harshly by Kris. She shook her head uncontrolablly at where he was going at. 

"Amber Wu." Amber said anew. 

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Wu! Can we go eat...? If it's not too much to ask since I'll be pratically barging into your home tonight." Angel scratched her head nervously and guilty for invading Amber and Kris' home. 

"No, it's fine! Let's go eat some korean food." Kris and Amber said at the same time. They looked at eachother perplexed. 

Angel smiled at the two and hurriedly rushed towards the exit with her suitcase rolling right behind her. Amber and Kris followed quickly after the girl who didn't know a single drop of Korean nor knew what car Kris took to get to the airport. 

-------

"This means I have to learn Korean, right?" Angel asked, gulping down her water in one shot. 

"Well, depends. How long are you staying?" Kris replied as he blankly looked up at her since seeing her like this wasn't the first time. 

"Forever~" Angel singsonged. 

Kris choked on his drink and started coughing. Angel smirked as Amber patted his back continuously. Amber sheepishly smiled to Angel with a little laugh escaping her lips. 

"Yah! Are you laughing at my misery?" Kris asked with furrowed eyebrows. 

"No! What makes you say that?" Amber lied while laughing. 

"See! You are laughing! I can't believe you two!" Kris shouted, pointing at Angel and Amber who were laughing hysterically. 

They started banging the table because of Kris who was now whining and pouting, trying to avoid contact with the others. Instead they kept laughing at how childish he was being. 

"Shows over. Check please!" Kris rang over a waiter who was nearby. 

"We'll be right over sir." The waiter bowed and left to attend to the kitchen. 

"You're so cute~" Angel pinched Kris' cheeks while still laughing. 

"You're really mean." Kris replied, smacking her hands away from his face. 

Angel and Amber rolled their eyes and laughed together until Kris finally had enough of it and locked himself in the guest room. 

------------

From: Yeollie

I'm on a business trip. I forgot to tell you, but I saw you at the airport! I'll be home tomorrow night though so do you think you can make me cupcakes? Pweeeeezzzzz? Thank you!!!! :DD

Amber rolled her eyes and stuffed her phone into her pocket after she had responded with a 'Okie dokie. Have fun!' She slowly headed towards the kids room and saw Angel hovering over some of them with a loving look on her face. 

"I know you can't speak nor understand Chinese, but I hope we get along soon. I'll do my best to learn Korean. Annyeong." Angel kissed each of the kids foreheads as she headed out of the room, closing the door behind her. 

Angel jumped a little, seeing Amber come from the corner. Angel smiled and walked over to Amber. 

"Your kids are adorable!" Angel exclaimed. 

"Haha, thank you." Amber slightly bowed. "Do you need extra blankets or pillows...?" Amber questioned, playing with the hem of her shirt. 

"No, thank you! The house is warm enough already seeing that the kids aren't even using blankets." Angel said with a giggle at the end. 

"I hope you're not going to sleep now because I think Kris still wants to talk to you. He's been in the kitchen for quite awhile, thinking to himself." Amber explained since she thought that Angel would connect better with Kris since she was his most favorite cousin in the whole wide world. Amber yawned softly making Angel awe at her cuteness. "I'm heading to sleep. Tell Kris that he can sleep with me if he wants too. Good night, Angel." Amber waved and headed into her room, creating a loud yawn from the other side of the door. 

Angel giggled and tip-toed down the steps towards the kitchen. She opened the door and saw Kris with his head down on the kitchen counter. She raised an eyebrow and took a seat in front of him. 

Kris noticed a presence in front of him as he glanced up to see Angel looking around the kitchen. He softly smiled at her. She noticed Kris' attention on her as she shifted her gaze towards him.

"What's wrong, cowboy~?" Angel . 

"I can never out live that nickname..." Kris groaned, setting his head back on the kitchen counter. 

"Who's fault was it to come to the farm with a jean jacket? Also, immediately heading over to the horses." Angel joked around. 

"Ha-ha. Very funny..." He sarcastically said. "I'm tired... I'll catch you later in the morning." Kris yawned, getting up from his seat and setting his destination towards the kitchen door, but Angel stopped him by the wrist. 

"H-Hey, Amber said that you could sleep in her room tonight. Even though I always thought you guys slept together. Also, if you're having problems. Tell me. I'm here for you." Angel looked up at Kris with a confused and sincere look on her face.

"Thanks." Kris gave her a half smile. He walked towards the kitchen door and stopped in front of it. 

"I'll start teaching you Korean tomorrow okay?" Kris stated. 

"Sounds great." Angel replied. "Good night, Wu Fan." Angel softly said. 

"Good night, Angel." Kris responded with a salute. 

He walked out of the kitchen, leaving Angel to think to herself. Angel sat there and wondered about why Kris didn't sleep with Amber. Was she sick? No, she looked perfectly fine... Are they divorced? Nope, then they wouldn't have came together for me. Also she wouldn't have addressed herself as Amber Wu for nothing right? Angel frustratedly messed up her hair as she looked across from her where there was a fridge with many pictures and drawings on it. 

She got out of her seat and walked slowly towards the fridge. There were many drawings that had hangul on them and some English. There was also one with Chinese on it. She read that one first because it seemed interesting. 

"Wu Fan & Yi Yun." Angel read aloud as she read drawings. 

"Amber Liu and Park Chanyeol?" Angel said not so sure of herself. Angel gently removed the picture from the fridge as she stared at it. 

It had many colors on it such as the rainbow. There were two people standing as stick figures, they were both portraying love, and they were also holding hands. It seemed as if they were a happy family. 

"That could be her cousin." Angel thought out loud. 

"No, that's my Dad. Park Chanyeol." Christopher stated in English. 

"W-What? I thought your Dad was Kris..." Angel stammered. 

"The basketball guy named Kris? He's just my Mommy's friend that's staying with us. Kris and mommy are good to each other." Christopher explained. 

Angel furrowed her eyebrows and looked around even more confused. What is the real truth behind all of this?! Angel turned to the boy and walked up to him, kneeling down in front of him. Angel cupped his cheeks as he looked a lot like Kris from when he was younger. 

"Your Dad's name is Kris. Who is this Park Chanyeol guy?" Angel asked the kid softly like how a pre-school teacher would. 

"Park Chanyeol is my Dad. He's been with us for a long time!" Christopher stated with a bright smile on his face. 

"Park Chanyeol..." Angel repeated out loud. 

"Do you think you can get me some milk?" Christoper asked with his bottom lip jutting out. 

"Of course." Angel replied, grabbing a glass mug and getting the milk out to pour it into the cup. 

Christopher took the milk happily as he drank it in one shot, reminding her of herself when he did that. Maybe it's in the blood... Angel watched Christopher slowly place the mug onto the counter and walk out of the kitchen within seconds. 

"I definitely have to discuss something tomorrow with them..." Angel sighed and turned off the lights, heading out of the kitchen. Angel walked up the steps towards the guest room where there was a nice bed and everything else that fit in a bedroom. 

Angel plopped on her bed and closed her eyes. She rubbed them and let out a deep sigh. 

What am I going to do?