[Chapter 25]

That Mansion 그 대저택 (Hiatus: Will not continue)

 



That Mansion 25



 

 

Soo Ah was tormented by what she knew.

She tried blocking the constant flashbacks of the images but failed terribly.

Jun Hyung smiled and held her hand, massaging her knuckles, in hopes to calm her down.

She pulled away.

 

 

Not because she that dislikes Jun Hyung that much but…

The fact that her hands are dirty.

 

 

Her eyes darted back and forth the room.

She needs to get out of this room.

 

 

She needs some time alone.

A place for her to think.

 

 

NOW.

 

 

She doesn’t want to breakdown here.

Not like this. Not in front of her Guardian.

Perplexed by Soo Ah’s sudden coldness, Jun Hyung tried to make her talk.

 

 

*Telepathy*

 

“Soo Ah, what’s wrong?”

“I’m fine.”

 

 

She wasn’t.

 

 

Tears were pricking her eyes, threatening to fall any moment.

She turned to back-face Jun Hyung.

Quickly, she wiped her tears away and acted as if all was fine again.

If only it was that easy.

 

 

“Hyung. Someone is coming.” Dong Woon alerts the other two and within a few seconds, they were gone.

 

 

Na Eun appeared with BoMi, and knock the door before they entered, “Girls, breakfast is ready. Freshen up then come down quickly.” BoMi said.

The three nodded and the two other left after that. Min Ah stood up first, then Chae Rin.

 

 

Chae Rin looks over to Soo Ah, her face still had that expression just now.

She walks over and puts her hand on Soo Ah’s forehead, “Are you not feeling well? Maybe you should stay and rest for a while more.” Chae Rin felt that Soo Ah would probably want to process her thoughts.

“I’m alright.” Soo Ah forced out an unusual grin and stood up.

 

 

Min Ah noticed it but she can’t find the words to say to Soo Ah.

Will her words make Soo Ah feel better?

What can she even say to her?

After all…she killed them.

 

 

They went downstairs and settled down at the table.

The atmosphere was so thick; you could probably cut it with a knife.

 

 

Cho Rong spoke first, “Even though Nam Joo is no longer with us, her spirit will always be here. And, in our hearts we’ll always have her.”

She wiped the fallen tear away after her speech.

 

 

How fake and ironic…

 

 

Chae Rin noticed that Cho Rong’s eyes were in fact, emotionless throughout the speech.

This is how a real actor acts!

 

 

Chae Rin began sniffling, and large tear drops fell from her face, “Nam Joo unnie…”

She cried as if her parents passed.

“She was kind to me…Like a sister. Like…a mother as well.”

 

 

Under the influence of Chae Rin’s crying, the Soul Reapers cried.

All of them except Cho Rong.

It was expected, though.

 

 

In the corner of her eyes, Chae Rin saw Cho Rong, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

Min Ah decided that it was enough. She grabs Chae Rin’s hand and lightly squeezed it.

Chae Rin sniffled for a few more times and ended the act.

 

 

Soo Ah pokes her food with her fork, not eating a single bite.

 

 

*Telepathy*

 

“Please eat, my lady.” 

Soo Ah was shocked as her guardian was not supposed to be here at all.


 

“Why are you still here?! It’s dangerous!” Soo Ah frowned.

 

 

“Is the food not to your liking?” BoMi whispered to Soo Ah, sitting opposite her.

Their moves are watched by Cho Rong, Soo Ah reminded herself.

 

 

“I’m not feeling well, unnie…Can I excuse myself? All I need is more rest and then I’ll be fine.” Soo Ah replied.

BoMi nodded and excused Soo Ah for her.

 

 

Soo Ah went to the balcony and sat there.

Stared at the floor, thinking hard the reason why she manipulated Gina.

 

 

Why did she want to kill Gina and her fiance?

Chae Rin said that Cho Rong was there too.

So it involves Cho Rong?

 

 

What did she want from Gina?

Could it be Gina’s fiance?

Perhaps she was too, in love with her fiance?

 

 

But why did the fiance have to die too?

Soo Ah looked at her hands, there were blood.

 

 

Next second, the blood was gone.

 

 

She felt a presence as her senses are highly sensitive, after getting into this damned mansion.

 

 

“It’s me.”

“I am not worthy to be protected; you should protect the others-”


 

Before another word could slip out of , Jun Hyung embraced her from behind.

“I already know. And I still believe in you.” He rests his chin gently on her shoulder.

 

 

Soo Ah wanted to say more but she knows that Jun Hyung haven’t finished his words.

“The Soo Ah I know wouldn’t be a murderer; there must be some rationale behind it.”

 

 

Soo Ah was lost for words. Jun Hyung knows her more than herself…

“My hands are dirty, don’t you feel disgusted at all?” She slouched and was prepared to face the fact.

“Dirty? Where?” Jun Hyung chuckled, grabs both of her hands and showed her.

“There’s no dirt, I’m sure.” He examined her hands and tilts his head cutely to the right.


 

“That’s not what I meant.”


 

“It’s all in the past, Soo Ah.. You don’t have to be feeling so bad now, it wasn’t really you who did it, those memories just got passed down to you.”


 

“And like I said, there must be some rationale behind what had happened, what you have done in the past life, you wouldn’t be doing that under normal circumstances don’t you?”


 

Soo Ah looked down...


 

“How is it that you know me more than I do...?”

 


A/N:

Today's chapter is written by MYFOURKs, hope you all like the update.

Published: 17.08.2013, 9:11 pm