[Chapter 28]

That Mansion 그 대저택 (Hiatus: Will not continue)

 



That Mansion 28



 

 

Cho Rong sent one of her sister to get Soo Ah to the mansion.

Threatening her would be such an easy task.

Cho Rong laughed sinisterly, a flash of lightning appeared and her eyes turned blood red.

 

She would be the most powerful one, with the irritating thorns out of her flesh.

She smiled, knowing that Death that would follow the footsteps of Soo Ah.

 

her lips, she cannot imagine the amount of power she can gain, after getting the position of the Eldest.

Besides, what good has ever bestowed upon her and her sisters after that man appeared?

Why not just let them die?

 

 

“Die a pair of lovers? Or should I make it more…devastating?” Cho Rong looked at the vase full of red roses and turned them into brown.

 

“You will all die…just like them!” She grabbed the wilted flowers and threw it on the ground.

 

 

 

Soo ah ventured deeper into the woods.

 

“Where is it…?!” She grew more impatient as the time passes.

 

Her item was valuable to her as it is the only thing that her father left her.

Soo Ah does not care for the power of the ring, or the power that gained her the people’s respect.

 

 

Suddenly, she appeared.

“I believe you are finding your way to our mansion, am I right? Please, follow me.” She smiled and spoke in such a polite manner, Soo Ah would have forgotten that the girl in front of her was a Soul Reaper.

 

Well, the moment she felt the girl’s presence, she already knew as her sense was hyped the moment she stepped into the forest.

 

Disgusting smell…

Soo Ah frowned at the Soul Reaper behind her back.

 

Lavender mixed with blood…?

 

How many have souls have they already eaten?

The thought of it made Soo Ah shudder.

 

 

 

 They stopped at the bridge connecting the path from the Mansion and the woods.

“Why did I not see the bridge here just now?” Soo Ah muttered, she swore she went the same route just now, and there was a tree with her marking…

“Because it only appears when…we are here.” The Soul Reaper replied.

 

 

Soo Ah purses her lips into a thin line and kept herself quiet.

She is not frightened by the Soul Reaper, or the height from the ground to the bridge that she is stepping on.

 

It’s…

The bridge.

 

Thousands, wait-

Millions of bones and it had the shape of…

 

Humans’ skeleton.

 

“It’s a beautiful bridge isn’t it? Our eldest built it.” Said the cheery voiced Soul Reaper.

 

“Gina?”

Soo Ah cannot believe why Gina would build this bridge.

 And she thought Gina was different…

 

“Aniyo, it’s our eldest sister.”

Soo Ah was confused, isn’t the eldest, Gina?

 

“Anyways let’s cross the bridge.”

 

 

 

Soo Ah stood in front of the mansion.

It was really creepy and the terrible foggy weather made it worse…

 

“Please follow me.” The Soul Reaper smiled and held Soo Ah’s wrist.

“Ah, by the way, I’m Bomi.”

 

 

Soo Ah gulped and had a bad hunch.

A mansion full of Soul Reapers...

Without her power , it’ll be impossible to even defend herself.

 

 

“Don’t worry, our eldest will not harm you.” Bomi said, pulling Soo Ah.

Yet.

 

 

Bomi’s eyes turned red as they entered the mansion.

 

 

 

“Unnie~”

“You have brought the right one, have you not?”

The two stopped in front of a door.

 

Soo Ah looked at the older Soul Reaper.

“Prove that you’re the one.” The older with the caramel brown hair locked eyes with her.

“I do not have my item with me. How am I supposed to-“

 

The older signalled the younger to leave and took out a knife, “Don’t play dumb.” The older went forward and slashed at Soo Ah.

 

Soo Ah flinched and forced her eyes shut.

But neither pain nor blood flowing was felt.

 

“You can go in now.” The Soul Reaper said.

Soo Ah opened her eyes and saw the slashed clothing revealing her rose birthmark at her thigh.

 

 

 

The door opened and a force pulled Soo Ah in, then slamming the doors behind her.

She met face to face with Park Cho Rong.

 

“Shin Soo Ah, one of the legendary three…” Cho Rong grabbed Soo Ah and slammed her against the wall.

“So powerless without her item…”

Soo  Ah coughed and stood up, even though she doesn’t have her power, she was not that weak.

 

 

Cho Rong gripped Soo Ah’s neck and pulled her up, choking her.

“I have a simple wish. The death of Gina and her lover. Do you understand?”

“Y-Yes…” Soo Ah was already too busy grasping for air.

 

Cho Rong let go and watched Soo Ah fell to the ground.

“It’s not so hard is it? Obedient little Soo Ah…” Cho Rong Soo Ah’s hair then tugged hard.

 

“Ahh! “

Soo Ah bit her lip.

Yes, the item was very important, but…

 

She has to kill Gina and an innocent man.

 

 

 

“Ever since that man came…her eyes only contained him and nothing else. She didn’t even care if we starved to death, which fortunately none of us did.” Cho Rong spoke suddenly.

“What’s so great about that guy anyway, he’s only a mere human!” Cho Rong clenched her fists.

 

“Gina unnie was supposed to stand at our side…we’re the same kind! But no, everything he done wrong was forgiven and he…” Cho Rong trembled a little and quickly regained her composure.

Soo Ah watched Cho Rong and none of the things she said was a lie.

The Soul Reaper had spoken all truth and if there were lies, Soo Ah would have known it.

 

 

 

“But isn’t there another way to do this?” Soo Ah spoke out her thought.

“No.” The Soul Reaper replied almost immediately.

 

Seems like Soo Ah doesn’t have a choice…

 

“They’re almost back from their walk…Stay hidden and do it there.” Cho Rong left her with that.

 

 

 

The weather has changed drastically.

The clouds cleared up and the fog was gone, sun was shining brightly.

 

Soo Ah stood nervously behind a tree and waited for the time…

She got her ring back but Cho Rong fed her with a special poison that only Cho Rong has the antidote.

 

 

 

The two appeared, and Soo Ah used her Manipulation on the man.

The man took out a knife from his belt and stabbed Gina.

 

“He has a special knife that can kill a powerful Soul Reaper, Gina gave that to him in case…she went berserk.” Cho Rong’s words sounded in Soo Ah’s head.

 

 

Soo Ah made the man think that Gina cheated on him and killed his family.

However the scene next, was not expected.

 

Soo Ah covered her screams when she saw the blood spurting out from Gina.

How many times did he even…stabbed?

 

The sight was terrifying.

 

Gina’s once flawless, white milky skin turned all wrinkly and dry, she screamed and cried, “Why did you do that to me?!”

 

 

 

Gina was in her true form and the man fell backwards, trying to get away from her.

 

“Stay away!”

“In the end, you’re unable to love the monster in front of you…” Gina’s eyes cried out blood as her hair turned white, and fell from her head.

 

The man’s eyes only showed fear.

“Ji Hoon...” Gina went to him and grabbed his neck, only to twist it.

She should have never fell for a human.

 

She laughed bitterly as she threw the dead man over the bridge and took out the knife that was sticking out of her chest.

 

“What is love…” She repeats, numerous times before she turned into dust.

 


A/N:

Do comment, here's the flashback narrating what Soo Ah did in her past life.

(Raynie1995) By the ways, follow me on twitter ^^

Published: 14.09.2013, 2:34 pm