[Chapter 16]

That Mansion 그 대저택 (Hiatus: Will not continue)

 



That Mansion 16



 


*In Chae Rin's Dream..

 

"Chae Rin ah, ppalli!" Shouted Soo Ah.

I looked at the "bridge" in front of me.


 

 

It was made up of bones.

To be exact, it was made up of many skeletons. 

 

 

Yellow, the substance that holds the bridge together.

White, the colour of the bones.

 

 

I took a deep breath before placing a foot on the bridge and slowly, another.

There was a faint crack sound.

 

 

Then, I felt very uncomfortable to proceed even further.

"Are you sure about this?" I shouted back to Soo Ah, who was already in the middle of the bridge waiting for me, 
"Ppalli!" 

 

 

I turned to look at Min Ah unnie, who was behind me, "Unnie...I'm scared..."

I took in yet another deep breath and tried hard to continue walking.

However, there was another crack sound coming from beneath my feet.


 

 

Looking down from the railing of the bridge, I found myself unable to move, “Come..” That voice sounded once again from the other end.

A cold chill went right down my spine as I froze on the spot, “Soo Ah!” I shouted.


 

 

* Back to Reality...

 

Chae Rin sprang up from her bed, Soo Ah and I woke up as a result, “Rinnie, are you alright?” Soo Ah asked, looking at her worriedly.

I looked at Chae Rin covered with cold sweat, “Chae Rin, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?” I hugged her and patted her steadily on her back so as to soothe the tension that she is feeling.

 

 

“Soo Ah~” She looked at Soo Ah and started crying.

We were pretty shock, “Rinnie, don't cry, what's wrong? Don't cry..” Soo Ah held onto Chae Rin's icy hands and she tried warming those hands up by rubbing her hands against it.

Chae Rin just keeps crying, “Chae Rin, hush.. You don't want to wake everyone up, am I right?” I reminded her of the other people on the Mansion.

She slowly controlled her crying and eventually, her tears dried and fall back asleep from the fatigue after crying so hard.


 

 

I kept my eyes on her and pat her gently by the side to soothe her and make sure she is alright. I assured Soo Ah with a smile and she soon went back to sleep as well.
 

 

I looked out at the window and gently let out a sigh,
 

My POV

Did our parents get worried? Are the rest of them looking for us?

Will we.. (die like the rest of them who once lived in the Mansion as well?)

No, we must be out of here and also, with the rest of the other victims as well.

 

 

And then, I remembered what Gina told me..


 

My POV

To kill them all.. Can I? Killing? How on Earth am I going to do that?


 

 

I shook my head off those thoughts and just shut my eyes now and then for a while but I didn't fall asleep. I just couldn't fall asleep ever since I step into this Mansion.

Then I remembered his voice, that man..

He's really good-looking, no doubt that his looks are as though heavenly perfect but his words made me really curious..


 

My POV

Last blood.. Last blood of what?

Do I not know anything?

And.. He mentioned something like he has been protecting me..
 

 

Hold on.. Are those sounds that I hear at night really delusions or..

Is it his footsteps? So I am not imagining things? These.. I got to find out.


 

 

I also remembered the map that Chae Rin passed to me, it looks pretty old, the paper turned yellow and the whole drawing of it seems to fit the whole layout of the mansion, but the place that it is leading us to, isn't..

There seems to be somewhere in the mansion, underground, would there be a basement..?

 

 

But where would it be? I don't remember spotting any doors or anything while I clean the house.. Would it be through a secret passageway? Then if this is the case.. Could it be through Cho Rong's Room?

 

 

Dawn breaks, everything was alright, the weather is fine, cloudy and cooling.

No one is in a bad mood but just then we heard from the other room, “Unnie, can we let the newest batch in?” HaYoung asked.

All the Soul Reapers are gathered in Cho Rong's room, “And the reason for that being?” Cho Rong asked.

“I think they are suitable.” HaYoung said.

She usually doesn't dare to speak more than a sentence in front of Cho Rong, yes, she is intimidated.


 

 

Cho Rong looks away, reading her book, “Alright, if you really think so then bring them over tonight. But provide them with a very good explanation, you get what I mean?” Cho Rong asked.

“Yes.” HaYoung replied and bowed.


 

 

We had breakfast after that, and then the three of us started with doing housework. I told the girls through sign languages that we invented for fun (and it seems really useful here) to look out for the entrance leading to the basement.

We kept a lookout but at the same time, we tried not making ourselves to be looking too obvious that we are searching for something.

 

 

I was sweeping the floor at level 1, “Ah..” I heard a soft cry but I see no one.

“It's me.” I heard that voice again.

“Where are you?” I asked in my mind.

 

 

It's really unbelievable that we could be communicating like this.

 

 

“I knew what you want to look for, I will help you.” He said.

“Thank you. But.. Why?” I asked.

“Because you are the most important to me.” He said.


 

 

“Most.. Important?” I can't help but to feel shy when he said so.

“My name is Dong Woon, I am born to be protecting you, so that is why I will do whatever I can to help you.” He said.

“Thank you.” I said.

“I will talk to you again when I have found the location. An instinct tells me that it is somewhere here but hidden.” He said.


 

 

“My guess is that, it might be through one of their rooms as well.”

“Possible, I will try to check it out for you.” He said.

“Be very careful.” I said.


 

 

Dong Woon gave me the feeling that we have known each other for many years.  Judging from what he had said before, he has been protecting me, probably that's the reason why I felt that he seems to be really familiar.

Hearing his voice calms me down and I felt something warm stirring in my heart, something sweet as well.

 

 

“I will.” He said and I don't hear his voice anymore.

 


A/N:

Chae RIn's dream is a very huge hint! >_<

And this chapter is typed out together with MYFOURKs, the co-author of this fic! ^^

(Well, I do hope both of us could have the time to write together.)

Hayoung is bring the BtoB boys into the Mansion, something is starting.

And also, Dong Woon and Min Ah ~~~ Would someone else from B2ST appear? O.o Do comment!

Published: 15.06.2013, 3:43pm