Chapter 2

A Thousand Years

Kelly opened up her eyes as she heard someone whispered to her ears. “Kelly, wake up…” he kept whispering until Kelly had her eyes fully opened. “Seungho Oppa, what is it now?” she mumbled.

“Kelly, we have to go.” Seungho got Kelly’s arm and pulled it so she got up.

“Where? The sky’s still dark, Oppa.”

Seungho sat at the edge of the bed and he cupped Kelly’s cheeks, “Listen, I don’t have time to explain this. But I promise, I will tell you. You know, this is really serious. We have to save you first, this place is no longer safe, Kelly.” Seungho said.

“Do I need to pack my clothes?” Kelly innocently asked.

“Mom packed them for you. Come on, mom and dad are waiting for you…” Seungho grabbed Kelly’s wrist. They both went to the living room and it was like surprised, mom, dad, and all of her brothers were there. They looked at Kelly, deeply.

“Whoa, what’s happening here, mom, dad, and… brothers?” Kelly asked.

Without saying a single word, her mom hugged really tightly and cried a river, her dad came towards and also hugged her tightly. “Kelly, we seriously can’t do this, but we have to. You have to go.” Said mom, her words were unclear because of her crying. Her crying became louder as she wiped Kelly’s back. “But mom, seriously why do I have to go?”

“Your Oppa will tell you later, not now.”

“Time to go, Kelly. We will get you as soon as possible.” Elison released his hug and gave his daughter a smile.

Kelly looked at her parents and her brothers. She stopped at her second brother, Yonghwa. He was sad, that sadness was drawn clearly on his face although he had nothing to say. Yonghwa hugged Kelly and also whispered something in her ears, “Kelly, take care of yourself, we will take care of this matter here so live well, and…” Yonghwa couldn’t continue his words, Kelly was too pure for him. He loved her, everybody did.

“Don’t worry, Oppa. Although I don’t know what’s going on, I will take care of myself better than anyone else. Trust me.” Kelly stretched her pinky finger to Yonghwa, asking him to keep her promise. Yonghwa twisted his finger with Kelly’s small finger. “Seungho will send many food to you,” Yonghwa giggled. Kelly moved her body to face her twin brothers.

“Ah stop this, we won’t say goodbye to you, kid.” Zico patted Kelly’s head.

“This is not a farewell party, is it? So, yeah, we won’t say goodbye to you. Maybe just… take care of yourself.” Junhyung was the first to hug her. “After this matter is done, we will meet again. Soon…”

“Yeah, kid. We love you, just remember this,” Zico then hugged Junhyung and Kelly very tight until Kelly was out of breath.

“Come on, Kelly, we have no time. Go now!” Elison almost screamed his lung out and Seungho grabbed Kelly’s wrist to take her out of house. There was only one thing in his mind right now, he had to find the safest place for Kelly to live.

Kelly had never known that Seungho could run that fast. Seungho was the only one who ran the whole night; he piggy-backed Kelly who kept silent along the trip. She once opened , “Oppa, I don’t know you have this kind of super power. I only know Yonghwa Oppa who can read people’s mind and our twin brothers who have strong power and no one can hold them down.”

“I don’t like this kind of power.” Again, he chuckled.

“I don’t have any special power, I envy the brothers.”

“It’s nothing to be envied. You are special. You are Kelly, our Kelly.” Said Seungho. Kelly laughed and tightened her hug. “Oppa, where are we now anyway? It’s too shiny…” Kelly looked around, she found it unfamiliar. “You are now at the safest place ever. They love lights.” Seungho answered.

“Am I going to live alone, by myself?”

At sudden, Seungho stopped in front of a tall building and got them inside. Again and again, Kelly seemed unfamiliar. She used to live in the woods with no one around. “Here! You’re going to be safe here. I wrote them a letter. I know, it must be hard for you to adapt with your new life, but struggle with it.” Seungho and Kelly now stood at the front of the door. Kelly walked around the corridor while Seungho prepared Kelly’s stuffs and the letter.

“Why do you choose this door, Oppa? There are so many doors here…”

“I don’t know, my instinct said this door was the best.”

Seungho sighed, “Ok, this time I will say goodbye to you, kid. Ah, just like me, your brothers and our parents, people in this place don’t eat cow’s liver and drink mammals’ blood. I know it will be hard, but try to eat like humans do. Can you?”

“You didn’t bring any food for me? It must be hard, really.” She looked terribly sad.

“I packed some liver and a few bottles of blood. Try to adapt well and don’t ever eat or drink it in front of humans.” Said Seungho, it was hard for him actually. Kelly just ate raw cow’s liver sometimes horse’s or deer’s and drank only blood, any mammals. Once she had eaten normal food and she got indigestion problem. So, avoiding her indigestion problem, Seungho packed some livers and blood for her.

“I know, but promise me you will come back here and bring me a lot of livers, right oppa?” Kelly showed her puppy eyes, made everyone melted just in a second. “Right, I’ll be back soon. Stay here a while, ok? See you soon,” Seungho couldn’t hold back himself not to hug his only sister. “Be careful, oppa. Take care of our family…”

“Ne…”

 

***