Chapter 9

A Thousand Years

Winter had come, leaving the cool autumn behind. Time flew so fast; believed it or not it had been a month since Kelly stayed here. Although Seungho routinely came to visit her every week, it didn’t lessen her boredom at all. She stayed in the dorm almost every day and only went out if Sunggyu asked her to accompany him to buy liver and blood in the market not far from their dorm. Seungho helped out to protect their way home to market with some spells. Just it, the rest of the time, she would spend it at home.

Of course Sunggyu wouldn’t take any risks to get Kelly out of the dorm after that incident. And the other members except Sunggyu, still didn’t know about Kelly’s matter yet. Somehow being alone made Kelly a little bit depressed and easily got mad. Once she got mad and she made Sungjong cried a river because he was the only one who was in the dorm. Fortunately, Sunggyu came over and handled everything. They got better and Kelly asked for forgiveness to Sungjong.

This time she was left in the dorm by herself and she was doing nothing. Although the television was on and the MCs happily threw jokes but it couldn’t change anything, she didn’t even watch it.

The dorm was quite messy. There was leftover dish on the plate in the dining room. A glass of blood also hadn’t been drunk yet. One pillow was ripped and the furs inside were scattered all around the living room. There were many scratches at the sofa in the corner of the room. And the worst was her room. It never looked like a bedroom, you could tell it wasn’t because everything was in mess, in dull, in awful.

In silence, Kelly dropped a tear. The tears were the expressions of her fear, tiredness, boredom, and yearning of her family. It had been her 3 hours sitting in the living room and right now, she got up, walked into the kitchen. She swapped her eyes to all of the corners and found what she was looking for. Knife.

“Let me die just once, I beg you God if you’re real.” Kelly inhaled. The knife already touched her fair skin. She wanted to harm her wrist. In a second, she scratched her skin with that knife and the fresh blood suddenly spurted out. The blood was the same as human blood and it kept spurting because she scratched her wrist where the artery was.

At the same time, someone was coming. He opened the door and called Kelly’s name. “Kelly, we’re home. Where are you?” he asked. Kelly knew it was Myungsoo’s voice but the one who came in first was Sungjong. He found Kelly was already laid on the kitchen floor, the blood flooded and the amount of the blood was great.

“Kelly!!” Sungjong screamed out of his lung when he saw Kelly wasn’t unconscious.

Myungsoo ran quickly to check what was happening and his reaction was worse than Sungjong. Sungjong knelt down, he propped Kelly’s head and slapped Kelly’s cheek to make her awaked.

“What happen?!” Myungsoo also knelt down and helped Sungjong to carry Kelly to the sofa.

“Hyung!! Hyung!! Kelly tried to commit suicide! Call Sunggyu Hyung!!” Sungjong was in terribly panic. Myungsoo seemed to be not patient and his anger exploded as Sungjong tried to make him even more panicked. “Can you shut up and calm down? We need something to stop her blood from spurting. She lost her blood a lot. If we take her to hospital now, she might die on the way there.”

“Handkerchief! Use mine to bandage her wound.” Sungjong took out his handkerchief and gave it to Myungsoo. Myungsoo calmed down, he couldn’t be panicked or they couldn’t make it.

“Hyung, come faster. Kelly, hyung…” Sungjong was calling Sunggyu.

“What happen with Kelly?” there was a sound that replied Sungjong but it wasn’t from the phone but slightly from the front. Sunggyu was coming and he almost slipped because Kelly’s blood was everywhere in the living room.

Sunggyu had never been that panicked and worried before. He jumped next to Myungsoo and cupped Kelly’s cheeks. Her eyes were closed but he could barely hear Kelly from pain. While Myungsoo was trying to bandage Kelly’s wound because the blood wouldn’t stop, Sunggyu sat still next to Kelly and wiped Kelly’s forehead. Sunggyu cried, Sungjong cried even harder.

“Have you called the ambulance?” Myungsoo asked Sungjong. Sungjong shook his head. “Ya! Call them now!!” Myungsoo shouted angrily. As Sunggyu took a look at Myungsoo, he remembered “No need, she will not die, I promise…” Sunggyu said. Myungsoo seemed to be unbelievable with his leader this time. It’s the ‘not-wise’ action he had ever had. Showing his anger, Myungsoo banged his phone and grabbed Sunggyu’s jacket capuchin to blow a fist on his face. But the leader just calmly asked Sungjong to take something in Kelly’s room. “It’s a blue bottle,” he said.

“Hyung, she might die running out her blood! How could you…” Myungsoo snorted.

“She’s alright, L.” Sunggyu calmed Myungsoo down.

“She’s dying!!”

“Yes, but she will be alright. Trust me, Myungsoo ya…” Sunggyu said firmly. Myungsoo sighed really heavily and he was being silent. He just looked randomly to his leader who is holding Kelly’s other hand. He stopped crying already. A moment later, Sungjong brought the bottle. He gave it to Sunggyu.

“Kelly, can you hear me?” Sunggyu asked. Sungjong and Myungsoo were shocked because Kelly suddenly nodded her head while her eyes were still closed. Sungjong and Myungsoo got closer as they couldn’t believe Kelly was actually conscious.

“Bear the painful, can you?” Sunggyu asked again. Kelly nodded.

“Hyung, she’s conscious?” Sungjong unbelievably asked. But Sunggyu didn’t answer. Myungsoo helped him to open up the bottle and poured a little amount of it into a cup.

“Kelly?” Sunggyu called again, he was actually afraid if Kelly died.

“Oppa, it hurts. I’m all numb…” Kelly whispered but all of them could hear it. Sunggyu couldn’t help but to hug her. “Myungsoo, smear it to her wounds. I will try to lessen the painful. Sungjong, can you help me to take out a bottle of blood in the fridge and pour it to the glass?”

“Blood? For what?”

“She lost too much blood,” he replied briefly.

“Oh, ok I understand, Hyung…” Sungjong went to the fridge and served many things although he didn’t know what it was for.

“L, now.” Sunggyu commanded. Myungsoo smear the liquid on Kelly’s skin. Kelly started to kick, hit, and groan because she was feeling painful and almost of her organs couldn’t work properly. She was numb. Sunggyu was next to him. He cupped her head and sacrificed his arm to be scratched by her. Sunggyu kept whispering something to her ears. No one could hear except Kelly herself.

“Stop it, hurts, hurts…” Kelly groaned.

“Is it okay, Hyung? She kept groaning. It looks so painful. I don’t have heart to do it anymore…” Myungsoo put the cup on the table. He stared at Kelly who was in a deep painful. But Sunggyu smacked him, “Keep on doing! Don’t listen to her…” Sunggyu angrily said. Finally Myungsoo did it again. Ignoring the groans, Sunggyu and Myungsoo helped each other to heal Kelly’s wounds.

“It’s enough, she will get better soon…” Sunggyu gave a quick peck to Kelly’s forehead when Myungsoo didn’t look at them.

“This is the blood, Hyung…”

“Leave it there…” Sunggyu got up to clean the floor. Sungjong kindly helped him while Myungsoo staying by Kelly’s side, waiting Kelly to open her eyes.

“She must be lonely and feel depressed all alone,” Sungjong talked in lower tone.

“Her brother doesn’t let her go out, not me. Don’t accuse me like it’s my fault…” Sunggyu glanced Sungjong in between his work. “I'm not accusing you, Hyung. But, since Kelly exploded her anger to me a few days ago, I started to worry a lot about her.” Sungjong felt sorry for her.

“Yeah, moreover we have so many schedules.” Sunggyu said.

“The rest of them will come as soon as possible. Hyoan and Jungryul Hyung also come with them…”

“What did you say?” Sunggyu asked Myungsoo. “I just said Kelly was unconscious.” Myungsoo replied.

Sunggyu nodded, “It’s fine, thanks L…”

A moment later, everything was done. Kelly was still on the sofa with Sunggyu next to her, sitting on the floor. Myungsoo slept on the carpet not far from them; he was totally exhausted, while Sungjong was watching TV and laughing all himself.

“Oppa,” Kelly murmured, she opened her eyes slowly. Sunggyu sat sturdily; he held Kelly’s hand with his warm hands. “Are you feeling better?” he asked.

“Oppa, sorry… I make trouble again,” Kelly said softly.

“Don’t ever do that again, you know, watching you hurt like that is really like stabbing my heart…” Sunggyu wiped Kelly’s hair. “Somehow I feel kind of frustrated. I don’t want to end myself in the hand of the chucks. I want to die just like human.” Kelly said.

“Sssh, don’t ever say that again…” Sunggyu hushed her.

“Oppa, promise me you will live longer than me,”

Sunggyu chuckled when he heard Kelly’s wish, “If I were immortal, I would.”

Kelly raised her hands and slowly she hugged him tight. “I will tell the other oppas about this. I’ve trusted you all. Besides, I feel bad if you take care of me by yourself. You always sleep late at night just to serve my meals, wash the dishes, and wake up early to serve my breakfast meals. You talk in you sleep, you can’t sleep well every night. Oppa, I’m sorry…”

“What are you talking about, huh? Anyway, how do you know that I often talk in my sleep? Did you somehow come to my room?” Sunggyu slyly asked, then he smirked.

“It’s not like that. I have nothing to do at night if all of you are sleeping, so I…”

“Often come to our room and watch us sleeping. Yeah, I can read your mind,” Sunggyu continued Kelly’s sentence. He touched Kelly’s forehead with his pointing finger and Kelly giggled. Sungjong heard it and suddenly jumped next to her.

“Kelly, are you crazy? Start from now, I won’t leave a single knife in the kitchen. Don’t dare to commit suicide! Don’t you know I was scared to death?” Sungjong exploded his anger but it turned out cute so Kelly giggled and didn’t feel scary at all.

“I’m sorry Sungjong ah, I won’t ever do that again. I promise…” Kelly twisted her pinky finger to Sungjong’s. They all laughed. Myungsoo was awakened because of the noise. He came towards Kelly and asked if she was okay. Kelly made sure that she was fine and here was it, the noisiness came closer and closer.

“Is Kelly alright?”

 

***