Chapter 7

A Thousand Years

SBS building, 5 pm

It was another day Kelly followed up Infinite to catch up their schedules. “One two… one two…” Dongwoo counted every single step they took.

“Kids, get prepared!” Sunggyu walked through Dongwoo and Hoya who rehearsed their dance in front of the mirror. Woohyun was still being put make up on his face and his hair was being styled too. While Sungjong was still keeping his eyes on the pad screen; he replied almost all of the fans’ messages. The chic doll, Myungsoo, sat down with his earphone in his ears, enjoying the music. Sometimes he hummed the song. And Sungyeol was sitting not too far from Myungsoo, he threw jokes and kept on laughing with someone who sat between them. Kelly. She was enjoying Sungyeol’s jokes.

“Myungsoo Oppa, look at this. What do you think about this person?” Kelly shook Myungsoo’s shoulder. She showed him the photo of her in Sungyeol’s phone. Myungsoo took out his right earphone and gave the phone a sneak peek. “It’s so cool. Sungyeol did something to this thing and suddenly it shows a picture that looks like me.” Kelly cheerfully said. She even jumped in her seat.

“You look so pretty, Kelly…” Myungsoo smiled.

“This is not me, Oppa. But she looks like me, right?” Kelly stubbornly said.

Myungsoo chuckled, but then he took out his phone. Myungsoo smirked as he took the picture of her with his phone. “Look,” Myungsoo showed his phone to Kelly. Kelly wowed, looking herself in Myungsoo’s phone. “It’s you,” Myungsoo whispered. “You look like a goddess. You’re pretty…” he added.

“Ahaha, she didn’t believe when I said it was her in the picture. Now, you know how pretty you are, right?” Sungyeol felt satisfied. “Am I that pretty? I think no…” she murmured. Kelly stood up and ran in small steps to Sunggyu. Bringing Myungsoo’s phone with her, she showed him the picture. “Myungsoo Oppa took a picture of me, what do you think?” she asked curiously. Sunggyu looked at it carefully, “Do you want me to say that you’re ugly? Of course my pretty fairy always looks pretty. Next time you can’t let your picture be taken by anyone else, okay? You don’t know their motivation, do you…” Sunggyu wiped Kelly’s hair and then back to his business. “Pardon? Did he say… my pretty fairy?” Kelly talked to herself, smiling in the corner of her lips.

“Come on, guys!” Sunggyu shouted to in ten minutes later to gather up because they were about to start performing.

“We have to go, Kelly. Stay here and don’t go anywhere…” Sungyeol stood up and warmed up his body.

“Alright. Hoya Oppa said I can monitor all of you from this tevelision.” Kelly pointed the TV in the corner of the room. “Sure, you must be dazzling when you watch us.” Sungjong patted Kelly’s head from the back. “Sungjong, you steal the start!” Sungyeol yelled at Sungjong and chased him.

“Come on, come on…” Woohyun yelled behalf Sunggyu. In a second, they were gathered in the center of the room for praying and high fiving. After that, they went out with one of the managers, Jungryul. Another manager was in the room with Kelly, along with cordi nuna and also the stylish. He was in charge to look after Kelly when Infinite wasn’t around. And the manager named Hyoan, the one who got hugged by Kelly, was already close with her ever since she hugged him.

“You have a special relationship with one of the boys?” Hyoan asked curiously. Kelly looked at the manager who was reading a magazine in the corner, he was smoking too.

“Not that kind of relationship, they take care of me as I’m their sister.” She replied. Kelly walked to the TV to watch them because their group name had been called. They would be on TV soon.

“You don’t like any of them?” he asked again. Now Kelly felt suspicious about the manager’s question. “They had told me that they couldn’t be in relationship with the girls. So… well, I try not to like them even deeper. They’re just like my brothers.” She told clearly. Kelly tried to clear up Hyoan’s misunderstanding.

“In this case, I just want to ask… who is the most handsome among seven of them?”

Kelly stayed quiet, she thought hard to answer this question. As she thought, the infinite boys came up to the stage and started their super cool and charismatic performance. They brought their song titled ‘The Chaser’. Kelly’s favorite song. Sungjong was the one who introduced this to Kelly and he kept singing it whenever he got bored. Especially Woohyun, he sang like forever.

“Oh, they all look handsome and chic on the stage. Am I right, Hyoan Oppa?” Kelly asked, she jumped along the music. Once in a while she tried to follow the dance. Hyoan chuckled behind his magazine.

“Oh, Sunggyu Oppa’s part!” Kelly yelled loudly. The cordi nuna, who was taking a nap previously, awakened. “Omo, this girl is seriously noisy.” She grumbled but her eyes were still closed.

“Sunggyu Oppa is really handsome today. He’s like a prince charming…”

“I know right, you like Sunggyu the most. No wonder…” Hyoan banged his magazine away and dragged Kelly to the stylish. “Make her pretty, ok?” he said. “She’s pretty already, what to do?” she enviously said while looking carefully at Kelly’s face.

“Your eyes were the perfect.”

“Thanks,” Kelly was blushed, her cheeks turned red. The stylish asked her to sit in front of the mirror just like the boys had done before.

“I don’t know why she chooses Sunggyu over Myungsoo. No one can resist Myungsoo’s good looking face and his cool style.” Hyoan stood up behind Kelly. What Kelly was suspicious about, why did she have to sit here.

“Aha, no wonder why Sunggyu kept taking a peek on this girl when I was putting make up on him. I expected they had special relationship before.”

“No, I don’t have that kind of relationship, I swear…” Kelly put up his pointing finger and middle finger together. “But you guys look good together.” Hyoan said. “We can keep a secret…” the stylish pretended to lock and then giggled. She started to put foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blush on, and also lipstick. It was not thick make up, but she looked like a Barbie doll.

“Wow, dazzling. How about putting nice clothes? Since it’s fall season, brownish would be great…” the cordi nuna was already up from her short nap. “Here you go. The fitting room is right there. Go, try it on!” she said. Kelly nodded and hurriedly changed her clothes to fall theme which cordi nuna brought.

The boys came in when Kelly was changing her outfits. The room suddenly became noisy. “Where’s Kelly, hyung?” Sunggyu asked Hyoan in between their noisiness. “I don’t know. Someone asked her out.”

“Are you serious?” Sunggyu widened his eyes as he knew Kelly was gone. “Hyung, how could you! Ash, I told you to look after her, how could you let her go with someone you don’t even know?!” Sunggyu was seriously mad to his manager. “You’re jealous, huh?” he teased Sunggyu.

“It’s not about I’m jealous or not, it’s about her. She should be protected!”

“Chill, hyung… what happen actually?” Hoya asked.

“Kelly’s gone! This is a serious matter, oh God. What do I have to say to his brother then. Ash, this is because of you, hyung!” Sunggyu nagged and yelled out, he was too frustrated.

“Uhm, is it okay?” Someone familiar came out from the fitting room with leather coat and everything chic on her body. She looked even prettier with hat on.

“Kelly?” Sunggyu called. He looked so enchanted towards Kelly.

“Yes?” Kelly smiled when Sunggyu called her name.

“Whoa, is that Kelly?” Sungyeol dropped his jaw as he saw the beautiful Kelly in front of Sunggyu.

“Aegumonina…” Hoya murmured, kind of startled as he looked at Kelly. All of them were in shocked and stoned at the same time. They didn’t know Kelly would be this beautiful just like a Barbie doll. She smiled at the moment to greet the boys. “Oppa? Are you alright? Sungjongie?” Kelly waved her palm in front of their faces.

“Pretty! Let’s take a picture…” Sungjong took out his phone and captured a few pictures of him and Kelly. The rest of the members also took some pictures with Kelly one by one. Only Sunggyu seemed uninterested to stay close with Kelly. Although he liked Kelly as the way she was now, but deep in his heart he felt jealous with the other members. He felt jealous when Kelly with Sungjong, Myungsoo, Hoya, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and even Dongwoo.

“Let’s go to our next schedule, guys…” Hyoan hit his watch to show them the time was up.

“Fan meeting is coming!” Sungjong cheered up.

“Kelly’s gonna be with us, right?” Sungyeol asked the managers. “She would be in the car. She can’t be seen by your fans.” He glared to Sungyeol. “Come on, get up you all.”

Kelly waited until all of the boys and their managers went out. Sunggyu walked the last and he brought his purple backpack on his back while listening to music in his earphone. “Oppa, I want to hear it too…” Kelly pointed out the earphone. “This?” Sunggyu plugged out his earphone and gave it to Kelly.

They walked together straightly behind Dongwoo and Hyoan when someone from the back tried to grab Kelly’s wrist. Sunggyu saw 2 men with black coat but he couldn’t see their faces. But Sunggyu knew they had blonde hair, it was seen when they tried to pulled Kelly from his embrace.

The Infinite members didn’t know and they just walked away. Sunggyu expected they didn’t see, or couldn’t even see them. But, who were these people with black coat and tried to get Kelly away?

“Oppa, help me…” Kelly shrieked as she tried hard to let go of the men’s hands from her arms.

Sunggyu couldn’t stand this anymore, no one could take away Kelly from him. He flew his forceful fist to one of the men’s face and gave one shoot kick to the other man. Once he got that chance to bring Kelly away from those men, he grabbed her wrist and ran as fast as cheetah. Nowhere to go, they just ran without any destinations until they were out of breath.

“Are they following us?” Sunggyu asked. He didn’t have any mind to stop. He had to keep Kelly safe.

“They’re not.” Kelly answered.

“Really? Can we stop now?” he asked again. Kelly nodded, “Just stop, Oppa. You will run out of your breath if you keep running like this.”

“I have no time to worry about such a thing. They must be…”

“The Chucks,”

“You should be in the dorm gosh, they must be looking for you. How could they find you anyway? Do they have gps or what?” Sunggyu wiped his forehead which was already full with sweat. Kelly helped him out. “Are you okay, Oppa?” Kelly made sure he was.

“Of course I am. You’re okay, right? Are you thirsty?”

Kelly sighed, “No, I drank a lot last night…” Kelly said. Sunggyu nodded. They sat on the bench not far from SBS building. Kelly looked her surroundings while waiting for Sunggyu to control his breath.

“I’m sorry to get you into this trouble of mine…” Kelly squeaked. Sunggyu moved up his head and looked into Kelly’s sad face. “Don’t ever say that to me again.” He said. “But you have schedule right now and you are with me, to safe me from the chucks. Your manager will surely kick me out from your house. You better catch up your van. I’ll hide somewhere so the chu—“

Kelly couldn’t continue anymore, her lips were locked. Sunggyu kissed her without saying a single word. Kelly’s eyes got wider and wider as Sunggyu’s tongue touched her lips and tried to get into it. Kelly didn’t refuse but to let Sunggyu play whatever he wanted. Sunggyu stopped his kiss after a while and looked at Kelly. “I always wish to have it in normal way just like other couples.” Sunggyu murmured. “To have a kiss?” Kelly asked carefully. Sunggyu just chuckled anyway, to hide his nervousness and his blushed-cheeks after kissing Kelly.

“Oppa, I don’t know why but I feel comfortable with you. You protect me. You’re the only person who knows about me. I feel grateful to know you and also the other members.” Kelly smiled and almost hugged Sunggyu when she remembered that it would not be good if she did skin ship with the boys in public places.

“I feel grateful too,”

Sunggyu winked to Kelly and it made Kelly’s heart trembling. She had never felt this kind of trembling before except for that day when Sunggyu brought her to department store and for the first time he held her hand so tight. This time, her heart trembled because Sunggyu kissed her lips and winked to her. Something was wrong with her. She really needed to meet Seungho, her brother, or her parents to ask about this.

“Let’s go home. You are safer there…” Sunggyu proposed his hand. Kelly felt so special to be treated this way. She didn’t say a thing and just accepted Sunggyu’s hand.

 

***