Chapter 16

A Thousand Years

“And the more she ignores me

The more I adore her

What can I do?

I’d do anything for her

 

Cause she’s bittersweet

She knocks me off of my feet

And I can’t help my self

I don’t want anyone else

She’s a mystery

She’s too much for me

But I keep coming back for more

She’s just the girl I’m looking for…” sung by The Click five – Just a girl

 

Sunggyu ended his song with a bright smile on his face. Kelly enjoyed the song along with the nice harmony of the melody. She even nodded up and down her head, showing her interest to Sunggyu’s special performance only for her. They were in the balcony of Kelly’s room. Everyone was sleeping and no one was up except the two of them.

“Your voice is too good, Oppa… sing one more time… another song…” Kelly also smiled brightly.

“Ah, I have a good song for you and actually I really want to sing it in front of a girl that can flip my life, the girl that I’m willing to give my life for her. The girl who…” Sunggyu stopped while Kelly wondered around who was that girl. Deep in her heart, she somehow felt jealous. Her heart sank as Sunggyu told her how special the girl was.

“Would you mind telling me, who’s that lucky girl, Oppa?” she bravely asked. Hearing that, Sunggyu giggled. Seemed like Kelly didn’t know who Sunggyu meant by that girl. He didn’t tell Kelly and let Kelly guess herself. He started to play his guitar. The tone was so catchy yet sweet.

 

“Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they’re not shining

Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying

She’s so beautiful, and I tell her everyday…

Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won’t believe me

And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that she don’t see what I see

But every time she asked me do I look okay?

I say…

 

When I see your face

There’s not a thing that I would change

Cause you’re amazing just the way you are…

And when you smile

The whole world stops and stares for a while

Cause girl, you’re amazing just the way you are…” Bruno Mars – Just the way you are

 

Kelly applauded as Sunggyu ended his song. “I like this one,” Kelly said with her bright eyes-smiled which everybody loved. Kelly didn’t notice a thing until Sunggyu held her hand with his warm and comfortable hand. He stared into her eyes, deeper and deeper. Kelly was petrified for a moment when Sunggyu wiped her cheek with his left hand. She had to admit, it was the sweetest moment in her life.

Kelly touched her chest where the heart suddenly beat even faster. She was afraid Sunggyu could hear it since they sat closely next to each other.

“Why? Are you sick?” Sunggyu asked because he was a little bit anxious when Kelly put her hand to her chest.

“It’s beating,”

Sunggyu smiled when Kelly said that, could it be because he was special for Kelly? “That song was for you… You’re that girl who fills up my heart with your pureness and kindness, the only person who locks my mind with the picture of you. You’re that girl who makes me stay up like almost every night just to spare some time to think about you. You’re the only one who could make me do anything just to see your smile, the only one who could make me sacrifice my life just for you… You’re that lucky girl, Kelly. I realize something. It may be cheesy but… I love you, Kelly… more than I love my life…”

Kelly felt touched with the way Sunggyu confessed his feeling. It was like a dream for her. She felt her cheeks became red just like a tomato. Sunggyu shouldn’t see this; it was too embarrassing. Oh god, she wanted to dig her own grave for real now.

“Kelly, do you hear me?”

Kelly gave a slight glance. She didn’t have any courage to look into Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Ne, Oppa…”

“It’s okay if you don’t have the same feeling towards me. I know it must be hard for you to accept our differ—” Sunggyu hadn’t finished his words yet when Kelly locked Sunggyu’s lips with hers. It was slightly fast for Sunggyu to come back to his sense. Kelly kissed him and was still kissing him. He could feel the sweetness of Kelly’s lips because she smeared milkshake lip balm on her lips. Anyway, he liked it.

“By any chance, does it mean that…”

Kelly nodded, “I can’t forever lie to my heart. My heart loves you head to toe like seriously, Oppa… I love you too…” Kelly said. “Now I know why people keep saying that love is blind, like seriously love is really blind. Difference and lackness can complete each other perfectly. Isn’t it beautiful, Oppa?  Love…” Kelly smiled.

Sunggyu also smiled in relief while Kelly also couldn’t resist her lips which already hung onto her ears. Kelly loved him back. They loved each other although they were different and maybe lack in somewhere, yeah, they hoped so.

“From now on, if you have something that burdens you, you have to tell me. It might not solve your problem but, at least you can feel your heart in an ease.” He said. Kelly felt suspicious why Sunggyu said like that. Could it be that Sunggyu knew she had a problem that she would keep it secret?

“Oppa, by any chance… do you know something already?” Kelly asked out her suspiciousness.

“About what?”

Kelly shook her head quickly. “No, nothing… It’s just… Do you know that my dad is being arrested by The Chucks?”

“Are you serious? When was it?” Sunggyu asked. “Yonghwa Oppa and Seungho Oppa told me they brought my dad before I came here. I’m just kind of worried. You know? It’s not my dad’s fault neither my family’s. I can’t let this keep going. Don’t you think I have to stop it?” Kelly looked into Sunggyu’s small eyes.

“Stop what? Don’t think nonsense,” Sunggyu sighed heavily.

“I don’t.” Kelly replied him briefly. At the moment, they are being silent. The only thing they could clearly hear was the crickets sound. It was so peaceful in the day and night, no wonder they didn’t get along with others well.

“I think, it’s time to sleep.” Kelly smiled slightly to Sunggyu as she was about to stand up. Sunggyu quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her. “Sing me a lullaby, please…” Sunggyu requested a silly wish. It was hard for Kelly to refuse, so she just agreed to him and sang him a lullaby.

Kelly sat on the edge of her bed while Sunggyu already laid his body on the bed. There was nobody in the room because all of s already knew about Sunggyu and Kelly’s hidden affection, so they decided to make them even closer. Everyone supported them as well. Anyway, Kelly started to sing Sunggyu a song which she mostly listened in Sunggyu’s phone. She didn’t know the title, but the rhythm and lyric which couldn’t easily be forgotten, how couldn’t she remember it?

After making sure that Sunggyu slept already, she put on the blanket on Sunggyu’s body so he didn’t shiver all night long— you know, because it was winter and snowing really hard that night. It was nice to watch him sleeping like that. Kelly thought he was like a pure and innocent baby when Sunggyu was sleeping. Then, she slowly took a step out from his bedroom. She went downstairs to have a sip of blood in the kitchen when she didn’t purposely see Seungho’s room was opened. Seemed like he hadn’t gone sleep yet, so Kelly entered his room to talk about something she had thought.

“Oppa,”

Seungho turned his body. He was sitting on his desk and doing nothing except playing around with his pen. He gave her a slight smile and greeted her back. “What’s up, Kelly?”

“Oppa, you’re not sleeping?” she asked.

Seungho shook his head slowly. “How could I sleep? What if they come to kidnap you when I am sleeping?” he jokingly said. Kelly giggled although it wasn’t funny at all.

“Oppa, you know I love you, right? I don’t want you to get hurt when you fight them to save me… I mean…”

Seungho raised his eyebrow. “What do you want to say exactly?” he seemed anxious.

“Oppa, let’s just stop this. I cause too many troubles.” She said.

“No, you’re not.”

Kelly walked closer to Seungho. She held his strong hand while looking into his eyes deeply. “Oppa, don’t worry. I will take care of you…” she ended up hugging him so tight. After all, Seungho was the closest brother of hers. She knew Seungho loved his younger siblings very much. If he could, he would just give his life not just to Kelly but also the other siblings as well. He protected like a true brother. He was like a hero for her. So, she couldn’t leave it all to Seungho. She had to do something to get rid of this.

“Oppa, let’s sleep together…” Kelly asked. Seungho got confused at first, but he agreed. Yonghwa was there; he slept already on the bed. While Zico and Junhyung decided to sleep with the Infinite members, they were getting closer.

Kelly laid down between Yonghwa and Seungho. “Why suddenly you want to sleep with your brothers, huh?” Seungho giggled. “Why? Is it weird?” Kelly innocently asked.

“No, It’s been a long time since we didn’t sleep together…” Seungho said.

Yonghwa moved and put his arm around Kelly’s belly; he hugged Kelly form the back so tight. “Auh, it’s so cold.” He murmured something unclear but indeed he smiled. “Oppa, you haven’t slept yet?” she asked to Yonghwa.

“Oh, come on… let’s hug…” Yonghwa successfully grabbed Seungho too and got him to be hugged also. Kelly laughed so hard when Seungho also hugged her and Yonghwa’s back.

“Oppa, I love you …” she said.

 

***