Chapter 8

A Thousand Years

BANG!!

“Hyung, why did you leave? Were you dating and left the schedule? Are you really the leader?” Myungsoo blamed Sunggyu for leaving them and also not attending the schedules. Hoya didn’t want to interfere with anything and just sat down, fell his body down on the cozy sofa.

“Can you shut up please? Kelly is sick!” Sunggyu put his pointing finger close to his mouth. Sungjong had the fastest respect among all of them. “What? Kelly’s sick? What kind of sick?” Sungjong seemed to be very worried.

“Are you joking, hyung? Is it the matter why you left us this evening?” Myungsoo asked, then he wagged Sunggyu who was standing in front of Kelly’s room, because he was deadly worried and curious. Sungyeol walked behind Myungsoo and quickly Sunggyu forbear his way to enter Kelly’s room.

“Just one by one. She needs to bedrest.” Sunggyu drove them sat in the living room.

“So what’s wrong with her? What did you do with her today? She was fine a while ago…” Dongwoo interrogated Sunggyu as he was wrong for making Kelly sick. “I can’t tell you guys, Kelly was in the great danger so I tried to save her.” Sunggyu hardly explained. “What kind of danger?”

“When the time is right, Kelly will tell you herself. She must be exhausted because I asked her to run in the long term. She will be fine, right?”

“Of course, how about bringing her to the doctor?” Sungyeol suggested. Just when Sungjong was about to speak, the door was knocked and Dongwoo kindly opened it.

“Who are you?” Dongwoo asked to the guest.

“I’m looking for Kelly.” He replied. Sunggyu who was familiar with the voice and figure, suddenly stood up and greeted him. “It’s been a while.” Sunggyu said and permitted Seungho to sit in between Sungjong and Woohyun. Everybody stood up to greet him.

“Ok, guys, this is Seungho. Kelly’s brother…”

“Kelly’s brother? So she has a brother?” Hoya sounded interested. “Yeah, I’m Kelly’s brother and I got some news that… Kelly is sick. Is it true? Can I meet her?” Seungho asked politely, but Woohyun held back Seungho by standing up and walking here and there in front of Seungho. “Are you really Kelly’s brother? Aren’t you that murderer who wants to kill Kelly? Just tell me the truth…”

“Ya, stop saying such a poor thing. He’s really Kelly’s brother, I swear.” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s shirt and made him sat again. “Sungjong, show him where Kelly sleeps…” Sunggyu pointed Sungjong and he stood up as quick as wind and got Seungho to follow him.

“Is he her biological brother or just as typical as us?” Sungyeol was a little bit confused. “What do you mean by as typical as us, huh?” Hoya gave a slight glare to Sungyeol. “We’re her brothers, but just brothers, yeah… you know what I mean, uh…” Sungyeol rolled his eyes, he was lazy to say a word.

“He is,” Sunggyu’s answer successfully made them locked their mouths. They didn’t talk until Seungho went out from the room with Sungjong and Myungsoo. Seemingly, Myungsoo and Sungjong were inside when Seungho met his sister, Kelly. Kelly went out and Myungsoo quickly helped her out to sit on the sofa in the living room.

“Sunggyu, can I have a talk with you?” Seungho asked. Sunggyu nodded and guided him to his room where nobody could hear what they were talking about.

“She lost her energy after getting skin contact with the chucks.” Seungho started their chat. Sunggyu coughed just for relaxing himself. “Yeah, the chucks found her when we were about to get to our next schedule. I had told her to stay here at the dorm, but she kept that she was bored overload, so I couldn’t help but to take her to have some fresh air outside. Bloody hell, the chucks found her. I’m terribly sorry for that, I could’ve taken care of her better…” Sunggyu felt regretted when he retold the story this evening.

“It’s not your fault. We couldn’t handle the chucks yesterday and the chucks got to know where Kelly was. Fortunately they haven’t known yet about this place. This place is protected by several spells that can avoid the chucks to enter and to get closer, so you don’t have to worry. She would be safe here.” Seungho explained about the secret of this place.

“So that’s the reason,” Sunggyu murmured. “You don’t have to worry, this thing won’t happen again. She’s getting better.” Seungho said while nodding his head. He took out something from his thick coat and gave it to Sunggyu. A medium sized bottle which was blue and Sunggyu didn’t know what was it.

“It’s fox’s tears. I couldn’t give it to Kelly because there were Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong inside.” Seungho told.

“What is this for?”

“Kelly got burnt, there are some wounds where the chucks used to touch Kelly. Their touch can break through the clothes and even skin if she gets touched directly. So be careful…”

Sunggyu was kind of shocked, he should have protected her more. He failed to guard her; he felt sorry for that.

“You don’t have to be sorry like this. It’s ok. Kelly said she was alright, just smear this liquid to the wounds and it will disappear.”

“Ah, Hyung… do I have to tell to the other members about this? About Kelly?”

“It’s up to Kelly herself. It’s just I’m afraid if our world would be recognized by humans.” Seungho sighed heavily. “So you can’t trust us?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t want to risk Kelly’s life, okay? I can only trust you,”

“I see, so anything else to say, Hyung?”

Seungho glared at Sunggyu but then he shook his head as it meant nothing to talk about for more. “So, let’s move out…”

Sunggyu and Seungho went out from Sunggyu’s room and gathered together with the others. Myungsoo wasn’t the one who was curious, but he was the one who dared to ask, “What are you talking about inside the room by yourselves?” he asked in super curious. Kelly smiled widely when she saw her brother and Sunggyu came out together as she knew they talked about something before.

“It’s getting too late, I have to go back…” Seungho said.

“Have some late dinner first before you go, hyung… it’s so cold outside,” Sunggyu said while he was in the kitchen, making a cup of Americano for him and Sungyeol. “No thanks, but I really have to go.”

“Oppa, I miss mom and dad…” Kelly stood up. She ran towards him and hugged him so tight. “I want to take you back to our home. But it’s way too dangerous.”

“I know right, Oppa, tell them I miss them so much.” Kelly almost cried a river. It was the worst time of her life and she had to survive alone without any of her family members. Sometimes she felt too lonely and shivered in the night if she kept thinking about it.

“Hang on for a few times more and more,” Seungho wiped Kelly’s back to calm her down and brought back her energy. Kelly decided not to argue with her brother. She knew her family was trying hard to protect her life.

“Go in, it’s too cold outside,” Seungho pushed Kelly’s back softly. “Yes, just sit there, Kelly. You’re still sick. I’ll drive him to the front…” Dongwoo said. Kelly finally nodded and she only could watched her brother’s back became farther and farther.

“Hot chocolate maroon,” Sunggyu offered her a cup of hot blood but he lied saying it hot chocolate maroon. Kelly raised her eyebrow as she knew Sunggyu lied to her about the ‘hot chocolate maroon’. She drank it as soon as possible before the rest of the members caught what Kelly drank.

“Kelly, after you drink it all, follow me to my room. I’ve got something to say…” Sunggyu walked into his room with his Americano. “What are you going to do with her?” Woohyun suspiciously asked, he even narrowed his eyes.

“Okay!”

After Kelly cleaned up the cup— although Myungsoo tried to take the cup from Kelly but she could defend until the end, Kelly went into Sunggyu’s room. He was laying on the bed with no shirt and it was enough to make Kelly covered up her eyes with her hands and almost shrieked.

“Oh, you’re coming?”

“Ne, what’s wrong, Oppa?” Kelly asked. Sunggyu got up and asked Kelly to sit next to him. Kelly sat without saying a single word. “Roll up your sleeves,” he said while pointed Kelly’s sleeves with a clear glare. Kelly was a little hesitant at first, but she realized that Sunggyu had already known about her bruises and wounds because of The Chucks.

“Your brother gave me this. He favored me to smear this to your burnt skin. Is it hurt?” Sunggyu helped her rolling her sleeves when he found Kelly was having a difficulty to roll up her own sleeves.

“It must be hurt a lot.” Sunggyu suddenly said when the wounds were seen.

“It’s more painful when you smear this on my skin. It’s the fox’s tears, right?”

“Is it? I try to be softer then…” Sunggyu poured the liquid to a smaller cup then smeared it gently to Kelly’s wounds. Kelly once whined when that liquid touched her skin, she squeezed Sunggyu’s arm. It was too painful until she almost couldn’t feel anything in her arms. It felt like her arms were dead already.

“Bear for a moment,” Sunggyu smiled and wiped Kelly’s head. “Oppa, sorry I scratch your arms,” Kelly suddenly felt sorry when she knew she had made Sunggyu’s hurt too.

“I don’t feel hurt at all.”

“Oppa, thanks…”

 

***