Chapter 22

A Thousand Years

“Have you been waiting me for so long?”

Sunggyu got back to his sense. Yes, he was waiting but he didn’t know how long he had been waiting. Time probably had stopped already. He smiled a glance when he saw the girl he was waiting for, stood up in front of him with fancy clothes. She wore cute blue wedges which made her legs looked even longer. Her short, blond hair was tied up but it didn’t lessen her prettiness.

“Ah, Jiyoon ah, you come…” Sunggyu stood up and as usual, Jiyoon gave a peck to Sunggyu’s cheek as greeting.

“Sit down. What do you want to drink?” he asked nicely. Jiyoon was exceedingly happy, her lips almost hung on her ears because she smiled like almost the time. It was understandable since they hardly met because of their busy schedules. Aside from that, 4 Minute was busy with their Japan schedule nowadays.

“Green tea, please…” Jiyoon said to the waitress.

Sunggyu slurped his macchiato. “Are you still busy promoting your single, Oppa?” Jiyoon asked to melt the silence. Sunggyu who wasn’t interested to talk about anything related to his business just nodded slightly. Actually, he wasn’t willing to meet anyone now. But Jiyoon kept asking and Sunggyu couldn’t refuse it. So, here it was now. They met up in the small coffee shop near Infinite’s dorm.

“Thanks,” she said to the waitress who brought her green tea.

“Oppa, do you like green tea?” she asked to Sunggyu. But Sunggyu didn’t answer. He kept stirring his macchiato with the straw. Jiyoon didn’t think too much about it and kept mumbling her new song. Sunggyu was forever like that in Jiyoon’s sight. He was calm, friendly, humorous, yet mysterious and mischievous person. That was what she knew about Sunggyu ever since she met him. She still didn’t know yet that wasn’t Sunggyu’s real personality. She still didn’t have any idea yet about the girl Sunggyu liked before, even up until now.

“Oppa, what are you thinking about seriously? I keep asking you questions but you haven’t answered it a single question. Are you thinking of something?” Jiyoon got peevish suddenly by Sunggyu’s quiet action. Sunggyu suddenly erected his sit and he looked forward to Jiyoon’s angry eyes. She was pissed off all of sudden.

“I’m not thinking of some ing thing, nor some ing one. What did you ask? Let me hear it one more time, uh?” Sunggyu smiled. “Oppa, you don’t even pay attention to me. Your sight is all to the window. I’m here, Oppa, you don’t even look at me…” she screwed.

“Sorry, Jiyoon ah.” Sunggyu sighed deeply.

At the same time, about four people were coming straight away to the corner table. They were laughing so loud while throwing jokes. Actually if they were a bunch of ‘another’ people who Sunggyu didn’t know, he might not be this curious. But, he knew them all. Hoya, Woohyun, Sungjong, how could not Sunggyu know about these people? Moreover, there was someone who sat in the middle of them. He was perfectly sure that girl was Kelly. He swore, Kelly was never this pretty before.

Kelly put on some makeup and lovely peach dress which matched her well. She even styled her hair. Sunggyu had no other words to praise her and kept on looking her. Nothing was able to take his eyes of her. Her beautiful hazel eyes, her fair and flawless skin, her pink lips, and everything about her were totally perfect.

“Oppa, aren’t those guys your members?” Jiyoon asked confidently. But her eyes got smaller as she saw someone else was being with them. She wasn’t common girl since she got along with Infinite members. Sunggyu found out Jiyoon’s curiousness and stated, “Let’s not pay attention to them…” he said.

“I’m just curious, Oppa. Who’s that girl?”

“I don’t know…” he replied uninterestedly.

Sunggyu could see that they were all having so much fun with Kelly. They even treated Kelly many kinds of cake and beverages and just let order what she wanted to eat. That time, when Hoya was about to eat the Choco Pavarel Cake, he caught up Sunggyu who was straightly looking at them. “Oh, is that Sunggyu Hyung with Jiyoonie?” Hoya shouted. Woohyun and Sungjong followed Hoya’s eyes to find where Sunggyu and Jiyoon were.

“Hyung, why don’t you join us?” Sungjong stood up and showed them his cute face. But Kelly didn’t even give an eye to Sunggyu. Somehow he felt betrayed by her ignorance; he was sure Kelly knew him there with Jiyoon. He expected Kelly would look at him and also greet him just like what Sungjong did. He realized that it might never happen.

“Oppa, is that your girlfriend?” Jiyoon teased Woohyun. Woohyun giggled but he didn’t seem to deny it, “Sunggyu Hyung knows her well, doesn’t he? She’s just the girl I know from him… by the way, her name’s Kelly. Is she beautiful?” Woohyun linked his arm around Kelly. Kelly once gave her slight peek to Jiyoon and smiled a little. Jiyoon seemed totally awkward and ended up turning her head over.

“Oppa, they said they know that girl from you. Who is she, Oppa? I’m curious because she’s beautiful like an angel. Would you tell me, uh?” she kept throwing him with question even if she knew that Sunggyu wouldn’t answer it. She got pissed off again. Sunggyu didn’t pay attention to her all over again. He kept turning his head back to take a peek to the corner table where s and Kelly sat.

“Oppa, do you want to move our seat?” Jiyoon asked if Sunggyu might want to change the seats to the corner table. Jiyoon sighed as she was being ignored by Sunggyu almost all the time. She pouted , trying showing her aegyo, but she got ignored again by him. She was totally heart-broken by Sunggyu’s action. So she decided to slap his weird action.

“Oppa, you’re acting so weird nowadays since you won almost all of the music charts. Is there anything bothering you?” she asked, this time quite strong. She really wanted Sunggyu to answer her.

“No, I’m alright. You’re the one who acts weird today.” He finally gave a speculation.

“Me? It’s you, Oppa. Look, you see I’m here, but I feel like I’m alone. You’re here, with me, but your mind isn’t here but to somewhere else I don’t know.” Jiyoon sighed.

“I’m…” Sunggyu stopped to consider whether he should talk or not. But Jiyoon a little bit faster than him, “Who do you think am I? Is it what you call with dating? We’re not dating!”

“True, we’re not dating. We don’t even love each other. Every time we meet, what you do is always complaining and everywhere. Do you think I want this kind of relationship? You said you love me but you don’t even know how to treat me well. You only show your aegyo like nothing to be showed again. I think we should stop here…” Sunggyu said. He finally said the honest and pure decision from the bottom of his heart.

“Oppa, is my hearing true? You… you… want to stop here? Our relationship?” Jiyoon became stuttered all of sudden. Her eyes tore up as she dissolved Sunggyu’s words one by one. “You should ask your own heart about it. You don’t love me, Jiyoon ah, admit it. Then I will admit that—“

“That what?” Jiyoon glared. She looked shocked yet angry.

“Let’s stop here, Jiyoon. I have nothing to say…” Sunggyu looked at Jiyoon, that girl had already looked at him with furious and unforgivable look ever. To be honest, he couldn’t pretend to love Jiyoon for any longer, he also couldn’t be his boyfriend in fact his heart wasn’t for her. He was wrong to hurt Jiyoon’s heart by using her innocence to make his heart could move on from Kelly. And he really wanted to end it soon, so he wouldn’t hurt Jiyoon’s heart even deeper.

“Right, is that all what you want?” Jiyoon held back her tears.

Sunggyu grabbed Jiyoon hands, but she strongly pushed him back. “Don’t ever touch me again, Oppa. I shouldn’t have come to this place if I know that you will make me hurt like this.”

“Jiyoon, let’s talk about it outside…” Sunggyu asked nicely without any forces.

“No, need. I want to go home and forget it all.” Jiyoon stood up and walked out from that café. The members and Kelly suddenly stared at Jiyoon’s suddenly leaving. Hoya and Woohyun looked each other and talked unsoundly so Kelly wouldn’t hear. Sungjong was about to stand up and ask Sunggyu what happened, but Hoya didn’t let him. “They break up, don’t they?” Sungjong innocently asked.

 

***