Chapter 3

A Thousand Years
The sun already rose 2 hours ago, but the owner of this house woke up just now. Showing his sleepy face and an awful look, he walked to the kitchen and made himself a cup of Americano. After that, he walked again to the door with his Americano to snatch a newspaper. But as soon as he opened the door, he jumped backward and spilt his Americano to the floor. Luckily, he didn’t use his favorite expensive cup this morning, and the cup which fell on the floor didn’t break into pieces.
“Aegumonina, who are you? What are you doing?” he interrogated someone outside the door.
“I’m Kelly, ah… I don’t know if I’m the right person to tell but I have this.” Kelly gave the letter to the guy in front of her. He looked at her from head-to-toe and toe-to-head for about 5 minutes before he read the letter. He was petrified for a moment when he saw the pretty girl in front of him. She was so beautiful that he couldn’t even resist it.
“Can I get in? I’ve been waiting for you all night long,” Kelly pouted her lips to show her dejected towards him. But he blocked her way, “No ing way, you can’t. Well, although you’re so pretty but I have to know who you are and what your motive is. Let me read it first.” He extended the letter and started reading it. Once in a while he glanced at her. “So what? I don’t get what do this letter mean by… staying for a while at our dorm?”
“I don’t know either.”
Someone opened the door and felt curious with something came up at the front. He patted his friend, “Sungyeol ah, what’s going on?”

“She gave me this letter.” Sungyeol handed the letter to Hoya. He looked Kelly just like Sungyeol did previously. He was also petrified, no wonder why. In this early morning, this beautiful girl came to their dorm just like a lost fairy came to look for a place to live. Hoya then read the letter.

So, after he finished reading, he wooed to the girl in front of them, “So you are Kelly and you have to stay with us due to the urgent thing? So, if it’s possible, can you tell us what that urgent thing is? I’m afraid you’re one of those possessed fans.” Said Hoya, he giggled. Kelly rolled her eyes, “I don’t know either.” She answered.

“Oh, ok, well. Just come in, we have to discuss this with other members also the managers. We’re not that free, you know?” Hoya helped her brought the luggage while Sungyeol cleaned the floor.

Kelly awkwardly sat on the sofa and waited for Hoya to get her a cup of a tea. “That guy is Hoya and my name’s Sungyeol. You can stay here while waiting for our managers to come.” He said kindly. “And don’t be scared if you see the other memb—“

Sungyeol stopped saying when a guy with his eyes closed came out of his room and walked through the living room. He almost bumped Hoya if he didn’t open his eyes before. “Hyung, you scare me!” Hoya freaking shouted. Kelly just gave a slight peek to them then focused again to sweep her eyes off this room.

“Ya, get me a cup of coffee,” Sunggyu said to Hoya, he drank a glass of water and then walked through the living room. Slightly, he saw something uncommon sitting in the living room. “Hold on, is this hallucination or is it my fantasy? Who’s sitting there?” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes to see clearer.

“She’s Kelly.” Sungyeol answered. It’s long enough until Sunggyu stopped starring her. She was too beautiful; she made the boys eyes couldn’t blink.

“There’s a letter along with her, Hyung…” Hoya threw the letter to Sunggyu, letting him read.

Sunggyu’s reaction wasn’t different from Hoya and Sungyeol. But, as a leader, he tried to be wise. He went inside his room to wake Woohyun, then he went to Dongwoo’s room, and the magnae’s room. All of them were still half sleeping of course. But as soon as they opened their eyes, all of them were startled. Especially Woohyun, he loved girls the most. And everyone was staring at Kelly now.

“I’m Kelly, and I don’t know what’s happening to my life. All I know is my oppa brought me to this place. He said this place was the safest one. You can read the letter.” Kelly was forced to introduce herself in front of these seven guys again and again.

“How about you read it?” Sungyeol gave the letter back to her.

“Ah… eungh… It’s not that I don’t want to read, but I… can’t read,”

“WHATT?!” They all screamed out loud, in between unbelievable and shocked.

“Where are you from then?” Woohyun fired up.

“From… woods.”

Myungsoo, the most handsome guy looked at her carefully, “You mean, you lived in the jungle before?” he asked. “Are you serious she doesn’t have mental problem? Do you know us?” this time Sungjong asked as if Kelly had some troubles with her brain.

“I don’t have any mental problems. It’s hard to explain, okay and I really don’t know who you are. Would you tell me then?”

“We’re Infinite. I’m Nam Woohyun and this guy is Kim Myungsoo…” Woohyun introduced himself and Myungsoo. Kelly nodded as she started to understand her condition. “We are artist.” Sunggyu added and everybody nodded.

“How old are you?” asked Dongwoo.

“It should be 20 years old, or more? I can’t remember..”

Dongwoo coughed, “And why are you wearing a gown?” All of the members nodded.

“This? I wear this every day.” Kelly replied. The boys made ‘O’ shaped mouth when Kelly said that she wore gown every day. Because it seemed weird if you wore that kind of clothes every day to everywhere. Sunggyu was the one who thinking. He had no idea about letting her stay or dragging her out.

“Ok, Kelly. We consider to let you stay for a while here, but we can’t…” Sunggyu approached her.

“No, Hyung. Let her stay!” Woohyun shouted from the back.

“Yes, Hyung, let her stay… she probably really needs a place to stay. Just for a while, ne?” Sungjong persuaded his hyung to let Kelly stay at their dorm. “I think it’s better to let her stay… the letter… her oppa must have written it in hurry. They must have a serious problem.” Hoya stated wisely. Kelly felt grateful for his kindness.

“Yeah, the hand-writing of this letter was butthurting. This must be an urgent situation, knowing only this place is the safest one. Let her stay, gyu hyung…” Myungsoo also hoped that Kelly could stay at their dormitory.

Sunggyu snorted, of course he wanted to keep her safe in this place but how about the managers? How if the fans find her? This situation gave him a lot to think and all of s looked hopefully to have the agreement of letting her stay. He should be wise, he should be wise…

“Ok, let her stay.”

“Are you serious, Hyung????”

“Uh huh, in one condition…”

“What is it?” Woohyun asked hurriedly. “Our managers will get angry if they know we are hiding a girl in this dorm, so manage your selves so the managers won’t know about her. I won’t take any responsible of this, you guys do.” Sunggyu left the living room first.

“So I can stay here?” Kelly smiled widely, the storm in her life had gone. A beautiful rainbow welcomed her now. As she looked again to these seven guys, she thought they were all handsome and full of charisma. And she knew the one who left the room first was the leader. The way he talked, and everything.

“You can use this room. Woohyun and I will share a room with the boys.” Sunggyu spoke very loudly from the bathroom. “Neee thank you, I will never forget this forever…” she replied as loud as him.

“You can wear my clothes first,” Sungjong offered kindly to Kelly. Dongwoo agreed, he laughed hard, “Yeah yeah, he has a lot of girl’s clothes. You must be surprised!” He threw his boisterous laughter that sounded ‘kyakyakya’, his trademark.

 

***