Chapter 21

A Thousand Years

The sky was getting dark and the three missing brothers were just coming back ever since they left this afternoon. They were quite startled when they found out Sunggyu was sitting alone on the sofa with Myungsoo’s guitar on his hand. He sang a song but it wasn’t clear because he kept mumbling it. He moved up his head to see the three of them were coming straight to him. He could guess it well, they wanted to talk about Kelly and he hated it the most. He didn’t want to hear that name ran in his ears anymore, never.

“Hyung, it was quite unpleasant meeting after all. Didn’t you say that you want to meet her?” Hoya asked.

Woohyun appeared; he just got out from the bathroom and saw the three of them were already there and currently interrogating Sunggyu. “Guys, isn’t it better to talk about this a little later? Sunggyu Hyung has been having hard time because of her. How could you just go and not care about your hyung’s feeling like that?” Woohyun started nagging them mother-like.

“Hyung, isn’t it too much? You just don’t know the reason why Kelly left back then when we were about to leave her house. If only you know Kelly’s agony…” Myungsoo’s almost spread it out if Hoya didn’t shut Myungsoo’s mouth. It naturally went out because they knew how Kelly had been suffering all this time. “We shouldn’t talk this far, Myungsoo ya…” Hoya said. “Right,” Myungsoo glared to Woohyun and Sunggyu as well.

At the same time, Sungyeol was coming out from his bedroom and walked to the living room. “There’s nothing to quarrel off and this isn’t the right time for both of them to meet up. We have to understand Sunggyu’s feeling as same as Kelly’s past decision for leaving. She didn’t know how our hyung also had been suffering because of that…” he tried to deal with pro-Kelly team.

“Can you stop saying her name out loud, it’s bothering me seriously. We have agreed to forget her no matter what. I’ve started to build my life from zero and she’s just come back like this? You know how I’m feeling, right? And stop blaming me for my childish action. You don’t know yet.” Sunggyu smashed the guitar and just left to his room. He had moved his room to another one because he didn’t want to smell Kelly’s scent anymore. He totally tried his best to forget her.

“I don’t know why he thought that way. It’s just his point of view anyway. He doesn’t know what actually happened to her… aish, seriously child-minded man, Kim Sunggyu. You too Nam Woohyun, Lee Sungyeol. Who else?” Myungsoo was thundering.

“I’m not,” Dongwoo yelled from the kitchen. “I believe to her baekpeuro, really…” he said. (Baekpeuro meant one percent).

“Actually what happened to Kelly?” Sungyeol came nearer to Myungsoo, Hoya, and Sungjong, the pro-Kelly team. Hoya, Myungsoo, and Sungjong looked to each other and to the other members as well. “Do we have the right to say?” Hoya asked Sungjong and Myungsoo. “Of course, Kelly just said we couldn’t tell Sunggyu Hyung. Don’t you think they have to know? They can help us to clear up this misunderstanding.” Myungsoo said, but he made sure that Sunggyu couldn’t hear their voice, so all of them had to speak slowly even whisper.

“Something happened due to our leaving, right Myungsoo Hyung?” Sungjong exhaled; Myungsoo nodded gently. He drank the hot tea which Dongwoo made. He also cooked the snacks kindheartedly.

“You know that Kelly lost her left leg?” Hoya asked the others.

Woohyun stopped chewing the popcorn, “What do you mean by losing her left leg?” he asked curiously yet anxiously. No one spoke.

“Yeah, she showed it to us. She doesn’t have her left leg anymore. It happened due to the fight she had that time. She said their weapons struck her leg right away and it made her lost her left leg forever. It’s kind of depressing right? That time, she had to struggle with her life without one of her leg. She had the most horrible time of her life without anyone who was able to encourage her. She wasn’t unsure if she could live the remaining time of her life; she didn’t meet anyone else beside her family who was also suffering a lot.” Hoya spoke well and it was just natural. He said truth.

“Was it the matter why she couldn’t meet us back then?” Dongwoo asked.

“If only you listened with your own ears. I bet it must be the most difficult time.” Sungjong shook his head.

“So, it’s true that Kelly lost her leg?” Sungyeol asked again. “I am not telling lies, you can ask Kelly yourselves.” Hoya sighed.

“Where is Kelly now?” Woohyun asked.

“She’s at our managers’ house. She has nowhere to live, if you remember…” Myungsoo still acted slyly to the other members who previously contra-Kelly. “What are we going to do now, then?”

 

***