Chapter 26

A Thousand Years

It was nearly twelve in the noon and Kelly was still sitting in the living room, waiting for Seungho who would pick her up today. Suddenly she remembered about last night deal. It not twelve yet and it was not late to come to Sunggyu to cancel her decision. Was she too harsh towards Sunggyu? She thought she wasn’t. If only he knew the truth about her condition, he would regret for his entire life for choosing her over his career. Also, wasn’t it kind of embarrassment if the public knew he dated a girl with one leg? Kelly just thought about it carefully.

So, the decision had been decided. She wouldn’t come to Sunggyu and just waited here for Seungho alone. Manager Hyoan and Jungryul weren’t there. They said Infinite had a big schedule today after 12 pm so they had to go. Was it the reason why Sunggyu only would be waiting until twelve in the noon? Because they had a big schedule after 12 pm; and Kelly had just realized it now.

It’s twelve past one now, there was no way Sunggyu would still be waiting for her right? So she just had to wait for Seungho. And right, Seungho came a minute later. What made him so late? He was punctual anyway; there was no way Seungho could be late even for a second.

“Waiting for so long, Kelly?” Seungho asked. He brought Kelly’s luggage out. Kelly didn’t speak up and just followed her brother out from Infinite’s managers’ house. Seungho realized something went wrong with Kelly today. She seemed so hard to leave this house, he meant Seoul. What was with her? He thought.

“Are you ok, Kelly ah? You want to meet someone before we go?” he asked. Kelly stayed quiet and looked around. When suddenly she realized something, “Oppa, you… drive a car?” Kelly awkwardly asked. She didn’t even know that her family owned a car. She really had never seen a car in her house before.

“Your dad bought one for me. You don’t know he is really interested in automotive once I told him about it. And he really wanted to see how modern automotive in Seoul but mom said it was better for dad to stay at home. So, yeah, I come alone…” Seungho winked.

After that, they got going. Kelly turned her head back for several times and Seungho had to ask if something might have left but Kelly said everything was packed. That was how she left Seoul, left her lover, left all of the memories in that city. Both of them would learn how to forget each other now, there was no way for coming back here, to Seoul. She hoped she could live well just like Sunggyu did before.

They spent seven hours on the road, with only music and quietness. She even tore up, crying quietly so Seungho would not know that she was crying. Her body moved on, but her heart just would not.

Finally, they arrived at their home sweet home. Their mom and dad greeted them with a warm hug and kiss. “How’s your day? Been well?” her mom asked with her wide smile. Kelly nodded with a slight smile and moved to her dad who looked extremely handsome and strong. “You must be tired, let’s eat dinner and have some good rest…” his dad said. So they went in to eat the delicious dinner, since Kelly was no longer ate liver.

“Where’s the other oppas?” she asked when she realized Yonghwa, Zico, and Junhyung weren’t there at the dining table. Seungho replied, “They still want to get you a grizzly bear and do some business outside. They’ve been getting busy nowadays…”

“Yeah, darling… don’t be so worried about them, they take care of themselves better than anyone else… let’s eat. I cook a really big turkey and some meat. C’mon, eat a lot…” Jooyeon mom took one piece for her husband and also for Seungho and Kelly. At least she would live happily after this. Her family who knew her better than ever, it felt like she would never need a new lover to get Sunggyu out of her mind. She would just live happily. That was all.

 

***