Chapter 25

A Thousand Years

“Where’s Kelly, where is she? Don’t block me, ya!!” Sunggyu ran through the way here. Hoya and Woohyun blocked him. He knew Sunggyu wanted to meet Kelly, but he had to calm down since they were still in the public area. Sunggyu nodded as he understood.

“Where is she? What happened to her?” Sunggyu seemed anxious yet worried.

“So, you know already?” Hoya asked calmly. Sunggyu stood still unbelievably. Could it be that he was the only one who didn’t know about this? So, they hid something from him actually. Sunggyu could only assume up until there. Woohyun sighed slowly but Sunggyu could clearly hear it. Something wasn’t good, he thought in his mind.

“What? I mean, why was Kelly wearing one stocking or boots or I don’t know what the girls call it.”

Hoya asked them to sit down. “Kelly… she might not have one of her leg forever. It happened when her family fought The Chucks. I don’t know the complete story but The Chucks weapon injured Kelly’s leg and… the accident happened. That’s what Kelly told us…” he looked at Woohyun then Sunggyu.

“Wh… what… is it for real? So… all this time…” Sunggyu stuttered.

Hoya patted Sunggyu’s back, “She pretends like nothing much happened. Hyung, she comes to Seoul to meet you. She really wants to see you badly but she was disappointed when she saw you with Jiyoon.” He said. Sunggyu sighed, “It was an accident and totally my fault,” he defended his self.

“Just this evening I helped her packed and we talked so much.” Hoya giggled. Oh, how could he laugh while he was deadly curious? “Kelly isn’t as pity as you think, Hyung…” Hoya added.

“Yeah, Kelly is so bright and cute. She’s cheerful and all the way she is. You might be confused if she really lost her leg or not, because she’s so cheerful and bright, you can’t tell. She smiles and laughs like almost every second, really you can’t tell…” Woohyun assured Sunggyu.

“I feel bad, really. I’m a bad person for her, right?” Sunggyu said, but deep inside he was crying. He didn’t believe that this must happen to Kelly. Losing one of our leg wasn’t a small matter. You could give up your life if you couldn’t handle your un-ability and disappointment. Sunggyu had to admit more, Kelly was a really great girl.

“No, Hyung, you’re not. Kelly warned us to not tell you about this so we keep it secret. Since today you won and Kelly wanted to meet you, so we tell you about this. But, please hyung, pretend like you don’t know anything. She will tell you when she’s ready. Ok?” Hoya managed an agreement. Sunggyu agreed. Then they were heading to an unfamiliar place, the three of them.

It was a nice café. Café which opened 24 hours and would only be visited by a couple. It was love-love café. They decorated all pink and there was a huge cherry-blossom tree in the corner of the room. Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hoya came in awkwardly. They could barely see Myungsoo and Kelly there, sitting in the corner of the room with so many things on the table.

They stood up as they came. “Hyung, you come…” Myungsoo smiled handsomely.

“Uhuh, what’s up here?” Sunggyu felt so awkward being in this kind of situation.

“Oppa, congratulation for winning today! Ah, since I don’t know what flowers you like, I picked snow rose for you. Grab it,” Kelly gave a bouquet of flowers to Sunggyu. Sunggyu was too clumsy; he said thanks but his voice just didn’t come out. He hoped Kelly understood his situation. Moreover, the members were here, watching this clumsiness.

“We will leave you here. C’mon Hoya Hyung, Woohyun Hyung…” Myungsoo embraced Woohyun and Hoya at the same time and went out just like that. Now, only Kelly and Sunggyu left.

Sunggyu sat in front of Kelly. Actually he wanted to make sure about the accident that had happened to Kelly, but since Kelly— just like what Hoya and Woohyun told him earlier, was so bright like nothing happened, he decided to pretend like he didn’t know anything and acted like usual.

“I purposely baked this and made it so pretty.” Kelly smiled shyly. There was a chocolate cake on the table. Kelly baked it with the help of Hoya and Manager Hyoan this evening. That’s why Hoya and Manager Hyoan couldn’t be there in the early show.

“So you knew I would win?”

Kelly nodded, “Just a strong feeling. Actually I made this as my farewell gift since I can’t buy you anything for you. I hope you like it.” She cutely said. Aah, Sunggyu felt like hugging her right away. She was so pretty and so lovely tonight. Why did she wear such a lovely ribbon and pretty cute dress like that? She didn’t know that it made Sunggyu suffered more and more. She was too pretty.

“Farewell? What farewell? You will stay here for another days,” Sunggyu wouldn’t let go just like that.

“It’s almost been two weeks I stay here. I’m quite satisfied and glad you’re living well. You also won tonight… it makes me even much happier. I’m sure your way becomes much much easier later… I’m so proud of you, Oppa…” Kelly unconsciously clapped her hands. “You know, you look so cool on the stage… You even mentioned my name,” she added while giggled.

“What so cool? I was thinking about you when we performed even when we gave the winning speech, it made me lost my focus at all. I’m really afraid if you really get to leave me again. And the winning speech just now, I really mean it, Kelly.” Sunggyu looked into Kelly’s eyes. Trying to read what’s on her mind.

“Oppa, though I also have the same feeling as yours, you just can’t do this. You can’t choose me over your career. More than that, you really can’t put me in your life again. You will regret it, seriously…”

Sunggyu said, “What about you? You won’t regret it? Kelly ah, I’m really serious. I can’t live without you. Shall I show you how much I was suffering when you left me? No, Kelly ah… I don’t want this to be happened again.” He shook his head gently.

“But, this is for your goodness.”

Sunggyu exhaled, “My career? It won’t last long if you’re not beside me. I will break into pieces as time goes by.”

“I love you Kelly, no matter what… I really mean it,” Sunggyu touched Kelly’s hand and held it so tight.

This time, Kelly said softly in Sunggyu’s ears, “Though, I love you too, Oppa. Bigger than ever.”

Sunggyu and Kelly looked into each other’s eyes for some time, enjoying the moment together. Kelly smiled full of meaning, “It was so strange to feel my heart suddenly stopped when I saw you with Jiyoon Unnie. Although I tried so hard to be happy for two of you, I couldn’t lie to my heart that it hurt a lot. Thinking I should be the one who laugh with you and be with you.”

“Yeah, you should be with me and do many things with me…” Sunggyu added.

“But we’re going to separate by tomorrow. Oppa, you have to continue living without me since you once succeeded. Just like that oppa, find a new lover and be happy with her. Because I can’t be with you, I can’t be with you…” Kelly kept on insisting.

“You love me, I love you, so why can’t the two lovers be together?” Sunggyu asked.

Kelly sighed, “Just… can’t,”

“Alright, so you’re going to leave tomorrow?”

Kelly nodded; she didn’t say a word. Sunggyu said, “So, let me drive you to your house for the last time then…”

“Ah, but Seungho Oppa will pick me up tomorrow at twelve. Oops, I mean today since it’s one in the morning…” Kelly said. “Well then… I can’t force you. If this is what you want, I will do it for your sake.” Sunggyu sighed hopelessly.

“Oh, you really are going to do it? Letting me go?” Kelly asked.

“Eih, that’s what you want the most from me, I will grant your last wish. But make sure you won’t regret it or you can come to me before twelve in the noon to cancel this wish…” Sunggyu smiled, forcedly.

“Well then, deal.” Kelly shook Sunggyu’s hand to make a deal.

 

***