Chapter 14

A Thousand Years

“Good morning, boys. The breakfast is ready…” Jooyeon greeted Sungjong and Hoya. They walked around in the garden to enjoy the sunrise and when they came back, the breakfast was ready and they got Kelly’s mom greeting. It was like going back to their hometown. They missed their mother suddenly.

“Don’t worry, we eat normal food. In this family, only Kelly who eats liver and drinks blood. The rest of us eat bread and other normal food.”

“Yeah, Kelly told us already. Whoa, it must be great since the bread is homemade bread…” Hoya whiffed the smell of the bread. Sungjong nodded. “I make a lot of bread for you. Ah, just tell me what you usually eat, I will try to make it for you…”

“Is there any grocery shop?” Sungjong foolishly asked.

“What’s grocery shop?”

“It’s a shop to buy many kinds of food.” He said. Jooyeon giggled, “We don’t buy it. We just take it from the garden or forest.”

“Aah, it must be fresh then.”

“Well, the breakfast is ready if you feel hungry. I will be in the garden if you look for me,” she winked. Kelly’s mother was as beautiful as Kelly, they thought.

At the same time in Kelly’s room, Kelly was just coming to see if Sunggyu had awaked, but that guy still closed his eyes. He was still in the same position since last night Zico laid him down. Kelly sat on the edge of the bed and gently held his warm hand. Somehow she felt kind of guilty in the deep of her heart. Sunggyu had sacrified a lot for her even it would risk his life.

“Oppa, thank you so much, for all. You've been caring and guarding me as I'm your own little sister. I don't know what your heart feels towards me, but I really can't see you like this. My heart hurts a lot. Oppa, please wake up so I won't be this guilty...” Kelly kissed the back of Sunggyu's hand; she didn't do it purposely. It was her heart who commanded it.

Kelly let go of Sunggyu's hand when Myungsoo and Woohyun came in. They greeted Kelly then sat on the edge just like Kelly.

“He must be exhausted.” Woohyun said.

“He is the weak leader, his body is too weak. He can get tired and sick easily. But these days, he became stronger. It seems like we know the reason why...” Myungsoo awkwardly chuckled. He touched Sunggyu's forhead to check his temperature. Kelly waited him to say the reason. To be honest, she was expecting it was because of her. And just like a dream, Myungsoo looked at her for a long long time, wondering what Myungsoo meant by looking at her.

“He loves you,” Myungsoo finally said what Kelly had been expecting.

“Yeah, he likes you, Kelly ah. That's why we don't want to put our heart deeper for you. We all know that our Sunggyu has been falling in love.” Woohyun added.

“I fell for you before, even Woohyun, Sungyeol, Hoya, and our maknae Sungjongie. We just can't resist your prettiness.” Myungsoo said.

“You guys... Like... Me?” Kelly seemed to be very shocked. Woohyun and Myungsoo nodded at the same time. They did; all of them loved Kelly except for Dongwoo because he already had a girlfriend and Infinite members knew about it.

“But we realized that Sunggyu seemed to be very in love with you. He did everything to save you. His heart is sincere towards you, Kelly.” Woohyun told.

“So, your heart wasn't sincere?” Kelly jokingly asked.

“I was sincere, we were. But when we knew about that, we discussed together and decided to step back. We still love you, but as our cute little sister.” Woohyun explained again. Kelly smiled, “I know for sure, Oppa. I also love you as my brothers. You guys are so precious. I'm glad to meet you.”

“He will get better soon,” Woohyun rubbed Sunggyu's arm.

“Shall we bring him to the hospital?”

“It's no need, Kelly. I believe he will wake up soon..” Myungsoo smiled. He was always that cool and charismatic.

“Hyung, the breakfast is ready. After eating, help me clean the van...” Sungjong's head popped up at the door.

“Come on, let's eat and clean up the van...” Woohyun said.

Kelly turned back for the last time. “Get up quickly, I miss you...” She whispered.

So, Kelly and the others ate breakfast and helped each other cleaned up the dirty van. Junhyung and Zico also helped them to clean up the camp ground they used to use before going here.

“So, where's your dad by any chance?” Sungyeol asked. “He went to negotiate with The Chucks about my devastation with Seungho and Yonghwa Oppa..”

“Are you safe here?” Hoya also asked.

“I feel safe as long as I have eleven brothers who will protect me...” Kelly smiled widely.

“You may not believe but Sungjong fought those black coated men like a real man.” Sungyeol hit Sungjong’s back gently. Sungjong just smiled proudly and kept sweeping the ground shyly. Kelly giggled, “Sungjong is actually very cool, right?” she said.

“I wonder if Hyoan and Jungryul Hyung were looking for us,” Sungyeol laughed wondering their manager worried to dead looking for them. He just left the letter with Infinite’s signs. However, they just wanted to enjoy the new kind of holiday. This could be the best trip of their life ever.

“Kelly,” her mom walked towards her. She brought some plants that actually weren’t just plants. It was herbal plants. “I pick this for your sick friend.” She smiled.

“For Sunggyu Oppa?”

“Ne, I’m sorry I don’t remember his name. Would you help me make herbs tea for him?”

Kelly nodded, “Ne.”

“Oppa, I will help mom. Is it ok if I leave?” Kelly asked to the boys. “Ok…” they answered almost in the same time.

Kelly helped her mom chopped the herbal plants into smaller size while her mother was stirring the tea inside the pan. Her mom once sneaked a peek to her daughter and smiled herself. She had never seen his daughter became overly worried towards someone before. She probably knew that her daughter was falling in love with that guy.

“You said his name is Sunggyu?” her mom started the conversation.

“Yeah,” Kelly nodded; she didn’t leave her sight to the herbal plants after all.

“Seems like he is not just a boy for you,” her mom giggled. Kelly stared at her mom as her suspiciousness. Why would her mom say such a thing to her? She must have known something. But her mom laughed when she saw Kelly’s expression. “Nah, I know it’s kind of true.” Her mom said.

“Oh, mom… it’s not like that.”

“So, would you mind telling me a story about that guy or what have you done with that guy?” her mom asked but it sounded like she was begging to her daughter out of her curiousness. Kelly sighed; she flashbacked moments she had passed with Sunggyu, just both of them. It’s not that much but every single day with him was precious. She had to admit it that she loved to be with Sunggyu. Just both of them.

“Oh, mom, this feeling is so strong yet confusing. I don’t know what I am feeling now but every time I look at him, my heart suddenly pounds. It beats harder and harder. It was the first time Sunggyu Oppa held my hand and it was the first time my heart beat. That feeling… Mom, it was good to feel that my heart beat…” Kelly told her with her starry eyes.

“Wow, he must be so special then. But are you serious that your heart beat? Is it beating now?” her mom asked. Kelly put her hand to her chest to check if it’s beating or not, but she hardly found the beating.

“No, it’s not…”

“So, it’s only beating if you look at Sunggyu?” Jooyeon giggled.

Kelly shyly had to admit it. “What is it, mom? Have you ever felt what I am feeling?” she asked. Again and again, her mom giggled. She came closer to her daughter and put the herbal plants to the tea. “Of course! When I was young, I always felt my heart beat faster as your dad looked me in the eyes. When he put his arm around me… Also when I had my first kiss… It trembled even faster. That’s what we call falling in love, honey… You’re falling in love…” her mom explained.

“Can’t be…”

Jooyeon raised her eyebrow, “Listen, you’re not different, Kelly. It’s not because you don’t sleep, eat liver, drink blood, and live forever— that make you different from us. You know right? You also have feelings. You feel angry, happy, sad, or even in love just like us… so stop prying that you and us are different…” she hugged Kelly.

“But mom, does he love me too? I’m afraid to lose him. I’m afraid if he might love someone else, not me…” Kelly said. Her mom stopped stirring the tea.

Jooyeon sighed, “You have much time to find the best person who fits you perfectly. You can’t force him to love you back. Let your heart works naturally…” she smiled. Kelly also smiled.

Her mom gave a bowl of porridge and a cup of herbal tea on the tray to Kelly, “Now, feed him this tea to make his body better. Bring this porridge with you. He can’t have his stomach empty anyway.”

“Ok, mom…”

Kelly went upstairs where her bedroom was. When Kelly came into her room, Sunggyu was still the same. He wasn’t moving at all. “Oppa, how could you sleep so long, uh?” Kelly wiped Sunggyu’s cheek. After looking at him for so long, she fed him the herbal tea patiently.

The tea worked very fast. Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly. He could see someone sat next to him. He thought he must be dreaming, because that someone was looking at him. Her smile was so pretty and she was shiny. He almost fainted again because of her. Yeah, he must be dreaming. It’s impossible if he saw a beautiful perfect girl in the real world. Or… he must be in the heaven. There are a lot of beautiful girls and this girl must be one of them. But he remembered as he could see clearer. Someone called his name, it sounded melodious.

“Sunggyu Oppa?”

He didn’t answer.

“Sunggyu Oppa?”

He kept silent. He blinked many times to return his memory back.

“Sunggyu Oppa, can you hear me? Are you alright? How are you feeling?” she asked. Sunggyu moved his head and he looked at Kelly’s eyes now. His body was still weak but now he could remember what had happened that night. He smiled as he saw Kelly was alright.

“Sunggyu Oppa?” she called again.

“Hmm?”

“You fainted last night…” Kelly told him. Sunggyu looked around, “Where are we?” he asked dumbfounded.

“You are in my house. Here, you are now here in my room. Are you feeling nauseous or dizzy? You got high fever last night.” Kelly said again. Sunggyu found a worry in between Kelly’s words and expression. Somehow he felt glad to know she was worrying him. He smiled, “I am fine, I’m sorry if I trouble you…”

“Ssh, what are you saying, Oppa. Anyway, my mom cooked you porridge. You have to fill your stomach.” Kelly took the bowl of porridge and was about to feed him but Sunggyu refused. “I’m not hungry…”

“You have to eat so you can be stronger… Moreover, you didn’t eat a single bite last night and ran so far to save me. I would be guilty if you don’t eat this…” Kelly pouted her lips. Sunggyu looked at her for a while then nodded. So, Kelly ended up feeding the porridge to him. It was glad to see Sunggyu woke up and smiled to her again.

 

***