Chapter 13

A Thousand Years

The sun set already, their trip had to be stopped due to the dark. So, they built three tents and made bonfire to warm up their body. There was nobody in their surroundings, only eight of them and a van which parked not far from there.

Sungjong, as usual, was in charge to help this and that. So he was the only one who was busy all himself to make a bonfire and build tents, but he didn't even dare to complaint because he was the maknae. Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Myungsoo helped each other to build their second tent, but this time Sungjong handled the bonfire. Sungyeol and Sungjong were rubbing the woods to make a bonfire when Sunggyu came and gave them the cigarette lighter of him. He didn't smoke, but he used to smoke before their debut and he still kept the lighter up until now.

Hoya was gone to look for water and woods, but he only needed a few minutes to find them all. Done with it, he quickly helped the building tents team, while Kelly put down their stuff from the van.

“Hyung, what are you doing? Come on, help us!” Sungyeol stood up in sudden when he accidentally saw Sunggyu laid his body down in the tent. “I'll help you cook the food...” He answered lazily.

“No need, we're going to eat ramyun, aren't we?” Woohyun pointed at the box which was brought by Kelly. “Let me rest just for a moment,” Sunggyu changed his sleeping position and suddenly fell asleep. Nobody disturbed him even after they finished their works. They sat on the grass, singing together while Myungsoo played the guitar. It's long enough until the dinner was ready.

Sungjong walked into Sunggyu's tent to wake him up because they would start eating as soon as he woke up. But Sunggyu refused to eat, “I'm not hungry, if I feel hungry I will just eat bread then. Ask your hyungs to eat a lot because the weather is so cold today...” He said and then back to sleep again.

“Ok, hyung...” Sungjong nodded and joined them to eat dinner. Kelly also ate the liver, but this time she ate the fresh liver. Hoya caught a big deer and showed it to Kelly, but she viciously ripped its stomach and grabbed out the liver. All of them were in terribly shocked when she did that, but Kelly told them that she usually did that which made them even more shocked.

“Where is Sunggyu Oppa?” Kelly asked when Sungjong was coming back. Sungjong shook his head, “He said he wasn't hungry and asked us to eat without him...” Sungjong delivered Sunggyu's message. Hearing that, all of them started eating.

After eating, they went into the tents. Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo would sleep in the same tent. Dongwoo and Myungsoo easily fell asleep as soon as they laid inside the sleeping bag. It was really cold night in the forest, the first of first experience of them. Sungyeol listened to music from his iPod next to Myungsoo. Sunjong and Woohyun took a charge to keep awake until the next 4 hours. They were guiding Kelly's tent. Sungjong really did nothing except singing and drawing something on the ground, while Woohyun, the sleepy headed, looked too sleepy and sometimes Sungjong had to shake his shoulder to keep him awaked.

Hoya laid next to Sunggyu. He was about to sleep actually, but something disturbed him. He heard teeth chattering. It came from the person next to him, Sunggyu. Hoya directed his flashlight to Sunggyu and found him shivering and chattering at the same time. He was a little bit confused but he decided to ask.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Hoya asked.

“Humm, just go to sleep, it's getting late...” He replied but it sounded unclear because his teeth kept on chattering.

“Really? You're not—” Hoya stopped when he touched Sunggyu's forehead just to check, but his body's temperature was terribly high. Hoya knew Sunggyu wasn't okay. Actually, Sunggyu was really addicted with his vitamins and herbs medicine, and he was allergic with extreme cold weather like this.

“You're sick, hyung. Let me tell the others,” Hoya was about to stand up but Sunggyu forbore him.

“I'm okay,”

“No, you're not! You get high fever. You're sick, hyung...” Hoya was quite stubborn.

“If you tell the others, this trip would be canceled. In the other hand, we all know that Kelly wants to meet her family. What if she knows that we can't continue the trip because of me? So please forget it, I'm really okay. I just need to rest.”

Hoya started to consider whether he had to tell the others or not. But, looking at Sunggyu right now, it was really impossible to continue the trip due to his unstoppable shivering. So Hoya put all of his blankets on Sunggyu's body.

“Don't refuse,” Hoya overtook before Sunggyu saying. He decided to take care of him first then accompanied Sungjong and Woohyun outside.

It's getting late and right now only Hoya and Sungjong who were still awaked. Woohyun slept with Sunggyu in the tent because he couldn't stand with his sleepiness. It was 2 am in the morning and the cold wind wouldn’t stop blowing. The sounds of wild animals were heard so clearly; it quite made Sungjong and Hoya got goosebumped. The fact that Kelly didn’t sleep and played Dongwoo’s iPad until it ran out of the battery and she got bored herself.

About five minutes later, they heard something noisy behind the thick shrub behind their camp-ground. Hoya double checked it by directing his flashlight to the shrub, but nothing moved and the noise wasn’t heard anymore. As soon as they chatted, the noise came again, this time was clearer and nearer. “Sungjong ah, check it. There was something wrong with the shrub.” Hoya commanded Sungjong to check the shrub. Sungjong turned back his body to take a look, “There’s nothing. They move because of the wind, Hyung…” he said.

“It’s weird I felt that we’re being spied…”

“Hyung, don’t scare me…” Sungjong looked so scared.

“No, it’s true. Should we wake Sungyeol up?” Hoya asked.

“Wake Sunggyu Hyung, he’s been sleeping all day long…” Sungjong was about to stand up when the noise came back again. Kelly was curious so she went out from her tent, “What’s with that noise, what are you guys doing?” she asked. But Sungjong and Hoya was only sitting and looking around in anxiety; Kelly thought they were making noise. “We don’t know either. Is it predator?” Hoya asked Kelly jokingly.

“Lion?” Kelly sniffed her nose to whiff the smell.

“Oh, what to do!!” Sungjong cried a baby. “I can handle if it’s a lion.” Kelly proudly said. But it was not a lion because someone jumped into the camp-ground and Kelly surely knew he was someone from The Chucks. He was alone. His face looked so scary and he groaned like a bear. He focused his sight to Kelly. Hoya stood up, while Sungjong screamed out loud because he was too scared.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol got up and went out. They were shocked when they saw a man with black clothes was standing not far from them. He stood still but his eyes were all into Kelly. Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Dongwoo got up the latest. Hoya and Sungyeol stepped their feet closer to him. His growling was even louder.

“Kelly, Kelly… I’ve been looking for you. It’s nice to meet you here.” He smirked.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Kelly replied unkindly. He chuckled in between his growling. Hoya gave an instruction to Sunggyu to bring Kelly out from here secretly. Sunggyu understood and waited until Hoya and Sungyeol started attacking him.

It didn’t take any longer. Hoya and Sungyeol attacked them, but another man came and helped his friend to fight them. Sunggyu knew it was the right time to get Kelly out of here, so he grabbed Kelly’s wrist and ran. “Oppa, where are we going now?” Kelly asked while running. Sunggyu didn’t answer and just ran. They knew someone chased behind them, so they had to run faster or they got caught.

Kelly looked back, it seemed someone forbore and fought him because the man didn’t chase them anymore. “Does… he stop… already?” Sunggyu were out of breath. Kelly stopped him, “Oppa, let’s take a rest…” Kelly said. “We can’t stop running.” Sunggyu yelled.

“No! You’re out of breath!” she said.

“I’m ok!”

But, when they were about to stop, someone from the front popped up in front of them. He almost grabbed Kelly’s hand but Sunggyu blew a fist to his stomach and ran to other way. It was weird because the man who just appeared in front of them just now didn’t chase them. So they walked and took a rest in the small cave. The cave was hidden and The Chucks didn’t suppose to find them there.

Sunggyu controlled his breath. He was totally exhausted plus he didn’t have much energy left. His head was terribly aching and dizzy. His sight blurred as he sat down on the humid ground.

“Oppa are you okay?” Kelly was being anxious towards Sunggyu. She held his hand when she realized his temperature wasn’t as usual. “Yes, just a little bit…” Sunggyu hadn’t finished his words yet but suddenly he fainted right on Kelly’s lap. Sunggyu was unconscious.

“Oppa?” Kelly called and slapped Sunggyu’s cheek softly. She could feel the heat when her skin touched Sunggyu’s skin. “Oppa, wake up,” Kelly almost cried when Sunggyu didn’t wake up even if she slapped him in the face. She was too worried yet panicked. “Sunggyu Oppa, Sunggyu Oppa…” she kept calling.

“You shouldn’t have run this far oh gosh, Sunggyu Oppa…” she shook his body but nothing happened, he still closed his eyes anyway.

She really wanted to bring Sunggyu away from this dense forest to hospital, but she didn’t have super power like her brothers Zico and Junhyung. She couldn’t lift him up. She didn’t have super fast power to run faster. And the hell she didn’t have ability to read people’s mind like Yonghwa. If only she could read Sunggyu’s mind, she would probably know that Sunggyu was sick and she would just give up to The Chucks. But she was just an immortal who tried to escape from the death. The immortal who actually shouldn’t be worried about the death, but the fact, she was now all alone with the unconscious Sunggyu on her lap, waiting for someone to grab her head and throw her in the burning fire.

“Arrkk!!!” she screamed all out her lungs when someone from above jumped in front of her. She hugged Sunggyu as she wanted to protect him from someone unknown in front of her. Here she was, facing the death of her, leaving all her life, family, brothers who protected her, and her lover.

“How can you have such a pessimist thought, huh?” that man came closer. Kelly dragged herself to the back, but he kept coming closer. Kelly had no other choice beside screaming, so she screamed as loud as she could, but that man covered Kelly’s mouth so she could not make noise.

“You’re so lucky they didn’t kidnap you. Hey, I’m Yonghwa, your brother…” Kelly opened her eyes and found her second brother was standing in front of her. He was more charismatic and handsome since the last time they met.

“Yonghwa Oppa? What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I’m the one who should ask you.” Yonghwa took a peek to Sunggyu.

“What’s wrong with this guy?” he asked.

“He’s sick, Oppa. He was my savior and he always—“

“Ashh, I know already. Seungho Hyung told me like almost every time after he met you. Does he faint?” Yonghwa pointed at Sunggyu. “Help him, Oppa. I can’t leave him here…”

“Anyone needs my help?” someone appeared. Kelly looked clearly, she was quite shocked when she saw another brother of her, Zico. Kelly almost jumped happily. Her brothers were there to save her from The Chucks.

“We talk about it later,” Zico said. He quickly carried Sunggyu who was unconscious. When Zico carried him, it didn’t seem like heavy at all. While Zico carried Sunggyu, Yonghwa helped Kelly get out from the cave. They walked to the camp ground as Kelly wanted because she seemed to be overly worried towards the others.

After walking for several miles, they came to the camp-ground. All of the members stood up as soon as they arrived. Sungjong screamed so loud, calling Sunggyu’s name, when he saw Sunggyu was being carried by Zico. “Oh my, what happen to Sunggyu Hyung?” Sungjong covered his mouth to show his unbelieving.

“Did he… pass away?” even Woohyun couldn’t close his mouth.

“No, he’s alive. He just fainted because of exhaustion.” Yonghwa told them.

“We beat all of them,” Junhyung smirked. Kelly was almost dying when she saw Seungho and Junghyung were also there with the Infinite members.

“How about staying in our home?” Seungho offered. Kelly nodded energetically. They have nothing to choose but to agree about staying in Kelly’s home. So, all of them went there by van except for Seungho, Zico, and Junhyung. He ran after the van. It was just for anticipation if The Chucks chased them back. They wouldn’t take a risk.

It took 4 hours long to reach Kelly’s house. That house was the only house in the forest. It was quite big with American design and very classic. The house was dominant in white and there were so many flowers surrounded the building. Over all, it was classically a dream house for a new married couple.

“Mom!!!” Kelly jumped to her mother’s hug.

“Oh my Kelly, how are you? Are you fine? Did they find you? Oh I miss you so bad, Kelly ah…” Jooyeon dropped her tears while hugging her only daughter. This daughter and mother successfully made the others who watched it could also drop their tears.

“Mom, these are my brothers. They take care of me and let me stay in their house.” Kelly introduced the Infinite boys to her mom. But as soon as Jooyeon saw Sunggyu was being carried by Zico, her mother instinct appeared. She asked the boys to rest in Zico and Junhyung room because it was the biggest room in their house. Zico and Junhyung would sleep in Seungho room, while Seungho and Yonghwa would sleep together in Yonghwa’s room.

Sunggyu was still unconscious, Zico laid him down on Kelly’s bed. He would be using Kelly’s room. Jooyeon said he needed special treatment to fast recovery. Kelly didn’t need bedroom to sleep, she didn’t even sleep so she would just stay in the living room or cuddle with her dad…

Her dad…

“Mom, where’s dad?”

 

***