Chapter 27

A Thousand Years

It’s too early but there were noises out there. Kelly couldn’t sleep well after all and that was not all, because a moment later her mom dragged her right away to bathroom. “You better take a quick shower now,” she nagged the-half-sleeping Kelly. Kelly need some time to wake herself up before starting taking a shower. She just needed ten minutes to freshen herself. Seemingly outside, her mom was waiting for her with something strange like a gown and flowery thingy. She even got confused herself.

“Get dressed. Here you are…” her mom gave a beautiful mini gown in white-colored and also head accessories or head-craft from fresh flowers in circle shaped. It looked so beautiful that made Kelly wowed unstoppably. She wondered what day was today. Why her mom was being so cheerful once again?

“Just not think anything! You have to get dressed quickly…” her mom started nagging as soon as Kelly tried to wonder what today was. Kelly didn’t want to argue and got changed really quickly. That beautiful dress just fitted her perfectly and she just looked so extraordinary pretty like a princess. You really couldn’t tell how pretty she was, wearing white mini gown and simple white high heels. She was really a heaven girl after all.

“It looked strange since I use this iron leg, mom…” she stated, but her mom looked so pissed off, “You have to thank me because I gave you birth, if it wasn’t me, you wouldn’t be this pretty…” her mom also got stunned because she made Kelly so beautiful this morning. She was kind of proud with herself.

“Iron leg is just a matter of , don’t think too much. You look so dazzling today, darling. You have to trust your mom who gave you birth, okay?”

Kelly nodded; there was no need to fight a tounge with her mom when she realized that today was actually an annual special day. But since she didn’t know what date was today, she just assumed that today must be someone’s—in this family, special day. Could it be today was her birthday?

“Mom, what day is today?” she asked when her mom fixed Kelly’s make up. Her mom seemed to be not believe with it, “What? You don’t know? It’s your birthday now, darling. You’re turning twenty one now… I heard people will get mature in the age of twenty one.”

“But, we never celebrate my birthday since I was a child, right? What’s wrong with today?”

Her mom smiled with so many meanings she didn’t tell, “It’s because you will no longer live until a thousand years later. Only people who think they are getting older that celebrate their birthday, because each day is so precious and we keep wondering if we can live for another day or not. They will count each year they become older, while immortals will live forever, there’s no use to celebrate birthday… though they will live forever, right? Am I right, darling?”

Kelly nodded. She almost forgot that she was no longer an immortal now. It’s great somehow. Wasn’t it scarier to not ever experience death than experience death once? Although she was just twenty, but wondering she would live forever was just too hair-raising-enough.

“Go go, your dad and your brothers are waiting for you…” her mom pushed her back to go out of her room, downstairs.

She had to blink so many times when all of the members of her family had already gathered around in the center of the house, in the living room. “Dad, Yonghwa Oppa, Zico Oppa, Junhyung Oppa… oh, what’s with today seriously?” she asked unbelievably. The four men standing was just too early to dress so neatly like this. Oh, one man was missing. “Where’s Seungho Oppa?” she asked.

“Oh, my only daughter… happy birthday… may health, luck, and prosperous be with you forever. Dad really loves you very much. There is nothing in this world who I love the most except you, your brothers, and your mom. Once again, happy birthday…” Elison Dad hugged Kelly super tight like almost getting out of breath. Kelly nodded unsoundly. It was this feeling to have a birthday party. It was all the good feeling.

“My only little sister, pretty little sister… we wish you a happy birthday and all the best for you, your life, your love-life, and so many things, right, Zico ya?” Junhyung hugged Kelly and kissed her cheeks and lips. It was nothing when you kissed your own sibling’s lips, it meant that you really love her but totally different with lovers-kiss. “Junhyung was right, be mature Kelly ah and stay pretty like this… we love you no matter what. We might not able to protect you again after this,” Zico giggled so hard. Kelly threw her ‘what-is-with-that-giggling-means’ but she didn’t seem to be really care.

Yonghwa was the last man who said a birthday wish to her. He looked so cool and manly today with black coat. The other brothers also wore black coat. And really, did you have to wear such formal outfits in my birthday? Kelly asked herself.

“How come I haven’t seen Seungho Oppa?” Kelly asked.

“Seungho? He will definitely come. Just wait, he will bring your super special gift from us.” Her dad threw a suspicious glare. Jooyeon mom went down just now; she looked really beautiful just as beautiful as Kelly. “Wow, mom, you even dress up so well today,” Kelly got more speechless as she saw it was really a special day after all, no wonder.

Knock… knock… knock…

Someone knocked the door. Zico and Junhyung, the twin brothers got ready in front of the door. “It must be Seungho Hyung.” Zico stated. “Hey, my nose is the best after all… it’s really Seungho Hyung.” He sighed when Kelly looked at them like he was lying or what.

“Ok, it’s the time for present now…” Yonghwa covered Kelly’s eyes and directed her to walk slowly. Kelly couldn’t look already, so Zico and Junhyung hurriedly opened the door. Yeah, true… Seungho was out there but it wasn’t only Seungho who stood outside.

“Ready, Kelly?” Yonghwa asked whisperingly to Kelly. She nodded.

“I’ll let go of my hands in the third count…” he smirked handsomely.

“One… two… three…” Yonghwa let his hands off. Kelly could see now, but it was still blurred. She winked for several times and she was so ingly startled. It was something big, something that would never be in her thought ever. It was beautiful yet startling.

“Happy birthday Kelly, Happy birthday Kelly, Happy birthday… Happy birthday… Happy birthday to you…” the heavenly voice filled up the space suddenly. With the right and beautiful harmony, they sang the song real perfectly. As she saw the seven men were standing in cool tuxedo. Infinite, they came and sang a happy birthday song special for Kelly. Myungsoo supported by playing the guitar since he was so expert with it.

“Sunggyu Oppa, Infinite Oppa, and manager oppa…” she said Infinite because it might waste the time if she mentioned their name one by one. As she never expected before, they were here, even manager Hyoan and Jungryul were also here.

The garden was decorated magically perfectly beautiful and there was a five-pile-tart in the middle of the garden. There were so many white balloons everywhere in the garden; she bet they just put it down randomly. But she didn’t know what was with this purpose meant. All she knew they looked perfectly handsome—the Infinite boys were superb handsome especially for Sunggyu. She didn’t know how Sunggyu turned out so handsomely like that.

“Kelly ah, happy birthday…” Sunggyu started speaking.

“Thank you, Sunggyu Oppa, and all of you… this is really the first time…” she said shyly.

“Ah, truthfully, there is something I wanna tell you. But, I have to make sure if I can say it or not…” he made a deal first. Kelly looked at Sunggyu in random feelings. Her heart started beating faster. It thumped thumped like a drum in her chest roughly. Surely, she even couldn’t control it.

“You didn’t come yesterday even though I’ve said to you that I love you no matter what, so I decided to come here with the others. Actually, when you didn’t come yesterday, I felt upset yet unsure if you have the same feelings like me or not. But manager hyungs and the boys convinced me by showing all the proofs they had, so I got my faith back…” Sunggyu said real calmly. Kelly listened to it carefully.

“I just want to ask if you have the same feelings like me or not… please tell me in front of people who standing here right now… It’s up to you if you’re going to tell the truth or lie, but all of us know the truth already. I just want to make sure,”

Kelly looked at her parents who were standing not far from her—her brother, Yonghwa who was next to her, and Seungho also Zico and Junhyung. It was like impossible if they knew that she loved Sunggyu. But, looking into their eyes and the way they looked Kelly, it seemed like they had known already. Should she lie to them? In her birthday? Not being honest towards Infinite boys and the managers who knew exactly that they loved each other?

So, Kelly sighed as she knew what to answer already, “I can’t lie to my heart and all of you…” she said hesitantly, but she continued, “But if you want me to say it, then I say it… actually, yes, I… I…” her tounge stuck! What was with her dumby tounge?!

“You love him too, Kelly ah?” Yonghwa asked her, actually he was trying to help her.

“Eiih, just say it honestly if you love him. You’re no longer little sister, you’re becoming a lady now…” Zico acted so silly to melt down the ‘too-serious’ moment. Seeing Seungho nodded slightly, Kelly also nodded, “Yes, I love Sunggyu Oppa.”

Sunggyu smiled slightly; he knew, he knew Kelly would just say it sooner or later in front of them. But the wall hadn’t been successfully climbed up yet. Kelly seemed so worried, “Oppa, there is also something I want you to know. It’s not late to get your words back like seriously. You might not say that anymore after I tell you this…”

“What? Do you hesitate because you’ve lost your leg? Do you think I would stop saying I love you because of that? That’s impossible, Kelly. I love you without even mattering your lackness. It’s not I love you because you’re pretty, you’re physically perfect, and many else. Can’t you see I love you because of your inner beauty?” Sunggyu clarified Kelly’s wrong thought about his feeling.

“It’s not like a small matter. I have no leg. I may cause you trouble, Oppa. Everyone wants a perfect one, that’s what you can’t deny…” Kelly said.

“But you said difference and lackness complete each other. Besides, I don’t need the perfect one. It’s enough to have someone who understands me and loves me just the way I am. The bad and good side of me…” Sunggyu said out what he thought deep inside his heart.

“But I look ugly if I don’t use this iron leg. You will be really busy to help me walk without my iron leg. Though, everyone might get scared and you will be embarrassed to have a girl with one leg. Is it ok for you? I really don’t want to give burdens for you,” she said what she feared of.

Sunggyu chuckled, “Burdens? What burdens? Nothing at all…” Sunggyu stepped closer to Kelly. Now, she really got stoned for this reason.

“Really?”

Sunggyu nodded, “Kelly, I’ve never loved a girl as I love you before and I’ve thought about it, I’ve decided it already. I’m sure I will never regret it. This is so hard so please just don’t ask me to say it again… Kelly ah, would you… would you marry me?”

Sure! Her heart just wanted to answer it directly. Nothing to be hesitated about, they loved each other and that was it. But once again, her dumby tounge just wouldn’t let her answer it smoothly. She turned out being stuttered all of sudden. Really, if Sunggyu could read her mind, he would just know what she was going to say, but since no one could read her mind except Yonghwa, so in the end… she had to answer it. Yonghwa was just being so creaky all the way, he even couldn’t hide his tricky smile. Kelly felt like punching his face if she didn’t remember that Yonghwa was her brother.

“Hey, don’t be too harsh,” Yonghwa whispered when he knew what Kelly was thinking about.

Kelly exhaled, “It’s not like I have to answer it now, right? I have to ask mom, dad, and brothers…”

“What to ask, darling? Just say yes. You’ve found the right guy in front of you. Don’t waste it, because opportunity doesn’t come twice…” Jooyeon said wisely; she nodded right away when Kelly looked at her, even when her husband smiled at her, she just nodded again and again. She couldn’t agree more. Sunggyu and Kelly just matched perfectly. She could see the sincerity of Sunggyu to marry Kelly.

“Sunggyu Hyung is really sincere, Kelly ah. You can trust him…” Dongwoo said. Sunggyu smiled when he got so many supports.

“Oh, C’mon Kelly… it’s your birthday, dude!” Zico said. “Do what you want in your birthday,” Junhyung also.

Kelly looked at Seungho now, the oldest brother she had. He was the one who protected Kelly the most anyway, so she should ask his opinion about this. It was just a waste because Seungho suddenly smiled and nodded wisely, “He passed my qualifications…” he jokingly said but he still stood wisely and calmly, really a perfect guy.

“Kelly, he’s so sincere,” Yonghwa, who could read people’s minds, also spoke out. Well, Kelly couldn’t say anything again. If Yonghwa told about someone’s feelings or minds, it was 99% accurate. Since Yonghwa had told her that Sunggyu was so sincere, she started to put the trust in Sunggyu. The best faith she had ever had.

“Well then, what more can I say? Yes, let’s get married…” Kelly sighed in relief. It felt like Sunggyu’s mouth couldn’t close like forever. He was too happy yet so touched, and everything was great today. Kelly successfully stunned him.

“Really? You’re not joking?” Sunggyu asked once again. “Yes, Oppa. Let’s not joke about marriage.” She melted down. She walked slowly to Sunggyu and hugged him tighter than ever. The other members and managers smiled widely as they knew this couple would get married soon. They never saw Sunggyu as happy as now. Kelly’s brothers also smiled, together with her parents. They seemed like 100% agreed if the both of them got married. The timing was so perfect.

“Kelly, I prepared something before I go here…” Sunggyu let go his hug. Kelly looked at him suspiciously. What was now? Once again Kelly wowed when Sunggyu took out a black box. There were two rings inside the box. You could easily tell that it was made from diamond. It kept shining when the light spotted it. “Whoa, what’s this, Oppa? Isn’t it so expensive?” she cutely asked.

“I never think about the price. It looks really good on your finger…” Sunggyu put the ring on Kelly’s finger. Well, it magically fitted perfectly and she was really surprised Sunggyu bought this kind of stuff for her. She meant, even Sunggyu gave her a ring for plants’ roots, it didn’t matter at all.

“Thanks, this ring is totally beautiful,” Kelly also put the other ring to Sunggyu’s finger. Now, both of them wore the same ring and stood next to each other just like a newlywed.

“Aah, it feels so good to see both of you standing next to each other like this.” Woohyun said to Kelly and Sunggyu when he found out the look-alike-newlywed were sitting with a glass of wine in their hand. Sungjong nodded prettily, “You can scold us, but no Kelly, Hyung…” he threatened Sunggyu but he turned out being scared when Sunggyu gave him the predator’s glare.

At the same time, Kelly’s mom and dad, Jooyeon and Elison, came to greet both of them. They looked so happy because they smiled like almost everytime to everyone. This time, they visited Kelly and Sunggyu, kissing both of their cheeks. “It’s our pleasure to know if you really want to marry our daughter,” Kelly’s dad smiled; he looked so wise, no wonder how did Seungho get his wiseness from.

“I will not disappoint you and Kelly.” Sunggyu said full of respect.

“Try calling me mom and dad. You will be part of our family soon, Sunggyu ya…” Jooyeon teased Sunggyu, but she was so serious. They would get married soon, better if Sunggyu got to use calling them mom and dad.

“Ok, mom… and dad…” he shouted.

“Aih, mom, dad… stop teasing us. How can I get married before the brothers get married? We can just wait, I mean until Seungho Oppa gets married,” Kelly said. Sunggyu didn’t say anything. But if he had to wait, he would just wait until Kelly was ready to marry him. It didn’t matter when they would be able to get married.

“Eih, don’t be like that. Can’t you see how serious Sunggyu is about marrying you? When a guy asks you to marry him, you can’t wait for any longer. Don’t talk nonsense, Kelly. We’re supporting you, all of us.” Her mom patted Kelly’s back while nagging. It was kind of relief for Sunggyu that her mom said such of words. He was worried if they would delay their wedding.

“Really? So, we can get married?” Kelly asked again.

“Sure, why not? Sunggyu has already prepared so much, we can’t disagree it anyway. It’s too perfect.” Jooyeon gave a clue. “Just wait,” her dad was also being suspicious.

“Wait for what?!” Kelly glared.

“Your wedding!!”

 

***