Chapter 20

A Thousand Years

“And then? What happened next? All of your family came to the battlefield to deal battleship with them? And the hell what were you doing back then? I mean when all of your family fought the primes…” Sungyeol asked nonstop. Kelly slurped her Americano before answering Sungjong’s tenth questions, at least. Kelly slightly took a very deep breath to start her sudden conference press.

“They placed me in the underground prison. I was almost out of breath. In the end, yeah… they came to the battlefield. My dad, mom, and brothers…” she said. All of them nodded as they understood her condition that time as well.

“What about you?” Myungsoo asked. Kelly looked at Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Hoya one by one slowly. She found out that the three of them seemed to be worried a lot about her.

“I tried to escape. It was successful movement ever. So, I ran to the battlefield to stop them. That time in my mind, I only thought I had to give up to them so they wouldn’t bug my family anymore. I really let myself to be devastated anyway. I didn’t have anything else to be thought except that…” Kelly stopped.

“And then?” Hoya mumbled.

“But when I saw all of my family gathered in the center of the wide field, that thoughts suddenly faded away. I wanted to protect them. I wanted to live another years with them. I shouldn’t give up just like this. So I fought them with the remaining strength I had.”

She continued, “Seungho Oppa and Zico Oppa got their bone cracked and it was really serious, while Yonghwa Oppa got hit on his stomach and it made him couldn’t digest well for several weeks. My dad protected my mom so he got hit here and there; all of his body was bruised as well. Watching those, my heart hurt so bad… I couldn’t even protect them, meanwhile they had to fight because of me… you know that kind of feeling, right?” she sighed.

“But they were all getting better, weren’t they? Did they hurt you?” Myungsoo asked.

“I… umm, actually I don’t want to tell this but I wasn’t ok. I am not ok…” she replied while showing her smile widely. All of them raised their eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Kelly smiled before lifting up her left jeans. All of them got shocked when they saw it. The leg which used to be there, it wasn’t there anymore. It was substituted with iron leg. Kelly must have been enduring the pain all this time. She lost her beautiful, pretty, and skinny leg. Everybody was envious with her legs back then but now, nothing to be envied anymore. Just iron leg that helped her walked this far.

“I couldn’t avoid their weapons and…” Kelly almost dropped her tears when she tried to tell the incident that happened to her leg several months ago.

“Kelly ah… it’s alright…” Myungsoo was the fastest one who hugged her. She ended up crying on Myungsoo’s shoulder. Sungjong and Hoya also hugged her. Their heart hurt when they saw Kelly’s condition right now. Kelly must be in totally serious mental sick due to her condition. Everybody did.

“Oppa, actually I don’t have face to meet you. I left inappropriately and greeted you also inappropriately, but I really want to see Sunggyu Oppa. Although it may be the last time for me… it’s hard for me to live my life alone like this. Ah, I don’t want you to be pity on me… I’m ok, really…” Kelly laughed while wiped her unstoppable-flowing-down tears. Hoya helped her with the tissue.

“Err— Sunggyu Hyung… ah, we’re trying talking to him. He might be shocked because you’re here all of sudden.” Hoya said. He patted Kelly’s head.

“It’s ok, I know. I would be like that if I were him. I left so sudden and appeared in front of him so sudden. He must be angry to me… it’s ok, I really understand, Oppa…”

Myungsoo shook his head fast, “It’s not like what you think, Kelly. Sunggyu Hyung was horribly down back then when you left without any single words. We had to stop our activities due to his overload sadness. He couldn’t eat well, couldn’t sleep well, and he always sat in front of the window and mumbled songs that suited with him alone. Until he met Jiyoon at the coffee shop and they went along together like almost every day. Slowly but sure, he finally recovered from his deep sorrow.”

“Yeah, Kelly… so you have to understand why Sunggyu Hyung acts this way…” Sungjong smiled.

“Ne, I understand and please don’t tell him that I…” Kelly stopped. She wanted to say with a proper word, somehow she felt pity about herself like seriously. She had been suffering through this time alone. Although all of her family gave one percent support for her, it didn’t make any sense.

“Yeah, won’t tell.” Hoya said.

“There’s also good news anyway, so we don’t have to be sad for so long hahaha…” Kelly laughed. “What’s that?” Sungjong asked. “Uhm… the good news is, I’m no longer an immortal!!!” she nearly shouted. Myungsoo smiled while putting his pointing finger in front of his mouth to shush her. Sungjong and Hoya looked at each other and then wowed to Kelly as they wanted to say ‘are you serious’ but they didn’t even say it.

“Ne.” she giggled cutely, just like she usually was and everybody loved her charm, no wonder.

“Where are you going to stay?” Sungjong suddenly said.

 

***