Chapter 12

A Thousand Years

“I wrote a letter to our managers. Hahaha, they must be totally worried when they find out nobody’s here.” Sungyeol couldn’t restrain his laughter when he imagined his managers opened the door and the dorm was empty. There would be no schedule until 3 weeks later. Their single promotion had been done already, winter vacation!!

Sungjong was still struggling to pack some of his clothes, Kelly helped him out. Dongwoo and Myungsoo were just ready to go, they picked any clothes and packed it simply in their big luggage. Hoya and Woohyun’s luggages were parked nicely in the living room. The owners were cooking something for their breakfast, while Sunggyu packed many snacks and beverages for them. They planned to go with their van without the managers’ permission.

“Done!” Kelly and Sungjong yelled so loud.

“Done? Now bring these luggages to our van before Hyoan and Jungryul Hyung came.” Sunggyu pointed some luggages in the living room. Sungjong and Kelly nodded, they were about to step their feet outside the house when Sunggyu suddenly stopped them, “Without Kelly, Jong ah…” he said while pushed Kelly’s body softly back to the living room. Myungsoo waved to her, he asked her to sit next to him.

Dongwoo finally stood up and helped Sungjong brought down the luggages. After all of them were brought down, they ate the breakfast together. Kelly sat privately in the dining room to eat her livers. She didn’t want her brothers got disgusted because of her.

“You don’t have to do the dishes guys, I’ve told our managers to do it in the letter…” Sungyeol fluttered the letter in his hand while giggled. “Whoa, you’re really bad, hyung…” Sungjong chewed his last pancake.

“So they don’t like tomatoes and vinegar.” Hoya stood up already near with Kelly. He double-checked the weapons they were going to use to fight against The Chucks. Some sacks of tomatoes and some bottles of vinegar also were well prepared on the dining table. Kelly had ever eaves-dropped her parents about The Chucks’ weakness. They said their power and visions would be weakened if they sprayed vinegar and tomatoes. So they prepared a lot of them.

“Spray perfume to Kelly’s body,” Hoya sniffed before. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow, confused. “She smells like… Kelly. We have to change her smell.” He said. Without saying much words, he sprayed perfume to all over Kelly’s body. They didn’t know if it worked or not, even Kelly didn’t. So, after they finished all their activities related to their dorm, they gathered together in the center on the living room to re-discuss their plan.

10 minutes later, they were already in the van, sitting comfortably while joking everywhere. Kelly sat between Hoya and Myungsoo. Sungjong, Woohyun, and Sungyeol sat in the back. Dongwoo drove and Sunggyu sat next to him. Dongwoo turned his body back to check the members. “Guys, you ready?” he asked. “Ready!!!” all of them yelled out so loudly.

“Guys, be careful with The Chucks. Myungsoo, Hoya, you are in charge to protect Kelly. Woohyun, Sungyeol,  and Sungjong, always pay attention to the road behind us. I will help Dongwoo read the map…” Sunggyu showed them the map. Kelly had told him about the location. So, he knew a little bit of what Kelly described about her hometown.

Dongwoo turned the machine on and they started their super long yet exhausting trip. Everybody fell asleep except for Kelly, Dongwoo, and Sunggyu. But Sunggyu pretended as he was sleeping.

Dongwoo started to ask some questions to Kelly about herself, then he jokingly asked about her feeling towards the Infinite members. Kelly laughed at first, but she seemed to think it was serious question. She accidentally answered without even thinking. It was really not her brain but her heart who answered it.

“You don't like our Myungsoo? He's hot chick,” Dongwoo giggled while driving. He looked at Kelly from the mirror above his head. Kelly looked back at him.

“Myungsoo Oppa is handsome. He is also nice and kind... He has a lot of charm and he always makes me smile. Although he is a little bit cool and obnoxious, but as I know him a little deeper, he is really girls' killer. All the girls around the world will melt just because of his little acts,” Kelly gave a glance look to Myungsoo who was sleeping on her shoulder. Kelly thought Myungsoo was like a baby when he slept, so innocent and pure.

“Is he? So who do you like the best?” Dongwoo asked again.

“About that...”

“Ah, you don't need to worry. I know I'm not into your type.” Dongwoo added before Kelly got time to answer. Dongwoo was in serious mood, Kelly knew it when she looked at Dongwoo's eyes not purposely, so he felt bad when Dongwoo said that kind of thing.

“Oppa is kind too. All of you always help me when I really need it,” Kelly didn't want Dongwoo to misunderstand her.

“Yeah, everybody knows I'm nice.” Dongwoo chuckled. He turned right the steering wheel. Right now, they arrived at the border of Gangnam and were about to enter the dense forest.

“So, how about Sunggyu Hyung then? He worries about you like almost every second. Even in the middle of our schedule, he always asked Sungjong or Myungsoo to call you, making sure you were alright…”

Kelly didn't say anything, she knew Dongwoo wanted to say more, so she stayed quiet. “You don’t know how Sunggyu worried about you when you once tried to commit suicide. Sungjong told me that Sunggyu Hyung cried next to you while holding your hands. He has never been like that before with a girl. I said this because I knew him since I was young.” Dongwoo told proudly.

“Sure, Myungsoo Oppa and the other oppas also worried about me that time.” Kelly added.

“Yah, it’s different. Don’t you know what I’m trying to say, huh?” Dongwoo said, he didn’t look at Kelly anymore. He kept focus on his driving. “Talk clearly, then, Oppa.” Kelly rolled her eyes.

“From my point of view, Sunggyu Hyung likes you.” Finally Dongwoo said what he wanted to said earlier. But Kelly laughed so hard hearing Dongwoo’s shocking statement. In the same time, she also felt embarrassed.

“Oy, I’m serious about this. He even writes a song for you. It doesn’t mention your name, but it identically describes you. You’re pretty, kind, cute, yet sensitive and lonely. The lyric also fits you well.”

Kelly sighed, “Oppa, don’t try to make me embarrassed please. Sunggyu Oppa likes 4minute’s Jiyoon. I found a lot of Jiyoon’s photos in Sunggyu Oppa’s room, so it doesn’t make sense even if you tell me that Sunggyu Oppa wants to marry me. I won’t believe because I saw myself…” Kelly nodded briefly.

“What if he really wants to marry you?”

Kelly rolled her eyes again, “I doubt all of you can get married in thirties. All of your fans might be disappointed if you have a girlfriend.”

“I secretly have a girlfriend.” Dongwoo was trying to be honest.

“Really?”

“It’s from Apink, but I won’t ever let you know about my girlfriend.” Dongwoo chuckled. Kelly widened her eyes. It was so unbelievable if Dongwoo secretly had a girlfriend and she was from girl group idol too. She could conclude that many artists also secretly had relationship. It’s just the fans who didn’t know about it. And she started to feel anxious about Sunggyu. Did he date Jiyoon already?

“So, Sunggyu Oppa and Jiyoon…”

“There’s nothing between them. Sunggyu Hyung hardly falls in love, but once he loves, he will never let go.” That’s the last words Dongwoo said before silence covered the atmosphere. Secretly, Sunggyu smiled in the corner of his lips. At least he knew Kelly was a little bit jealous with Jiyoon.

It was already their 3 hours on the road. Dongwoo was sleeping on the back side with Sungjong and Sungyeol. Hoya drove the van right now. Woohyun was next to him to accompany him driving for the next 3 hours. Sunggyu sat in Hoya’s seat before, next to Kelly. She was awaked, but she was listening music through Myungsoo’s phone. Myungsoo yawned and woke up from his sleeping, but he still laid on Kelly’s shoulder, near with Kelly’s chest.

“Kelly ah,” Myungsoo called; he glanced at Kelly.

“Ne, Oppa?”

Myungsoo showed his innocent face, “How come I don’t hear your heart’s beating?” he asked curiously. He had his eyebrow raised. Kelly smiled awkwardly; Myungsoo listened to her heart but it wasn’t beating. “It rarely beats. But it has beaten once or twice.” She answered. Kelly became more awkward when Sunggyu gave a slight look at her. He didn’t even say a thing, it made her felt clumsy.

“When the last time did your heart beat?” this is a trap question. Kelly noticed it well, when the last time her heart beat. “Of course when I’m holding her hand like this…” Sunggyu stole the chance and tightly held Kelly’s hand. Kelly was petrified and didn’t know what to do. She really hoped her heart wouldn’t beat at that time, but the fact her heart beat!

“Oh! It’s beating.” Myungsoo shouted. Hoya looked from the mirror to see the back seats. “How come it’s beating now?” Myungsoo showed his shocked face yet curious. Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo but actually he didn’t believe what Myungsoo said. He was about to joke anyway, but why her heart beat so suddenly? Could it be that… Sunggyu’s mind wondered back when they went to department store, or that time when Sunggyu hugged her, and a few days ago when he kissed her lips. Could it be…

“Hyung, how could you do that? It’s still beating anyway… how to stop it, Kelly ah?” Myungsoo asked.

“Nghh, I… don’t know…”

“You know? It means Kelly is a pure girl. She’s still pure and innocent. Look, her heart will beat if we hold her hand or do skin ship with her. I bet she never has a boyfriend before…” Woohyun said loudly.

“It’s not that I never have a boyfriend before, but there is no boy in my hometown. You know, I live alone with my family.” Kelly tried to deny but Woohyun and Hoya already giggled just looking at her reaction. “Oppa. Stop listening!” Kelly pushed Myungsoo’s head from her chest.

“Yah, you’re doing unmannered thing, Myungsoo ya.” Sunggyu commented but then he just looked away to the scenery outside. Kelly felt even worse when Sunggyu distanced away.

 

***