Chapter 11

A Thousand Years

Sunggyu awakened in the middle of the night because of some noises outside the room, where he was sleeping in. He looked at Woohyun and Hoya who were still sleeping. It didn’t bug them at all. Curiously, Sunggyu went out to see what happened when someone from the opposite also being dumbfounded. He looked so sleepy and didn’t do anything except standing up and robbing his stomach with eyes closed.

“Hyung, what’s that?” Sungjong asked in unclear voice. Sunggyu realized the sound came from Kelly’s room. He straightly went into the room and found out Kelly was previously mad. All of the stuff was broken down into pieces. The pillows were unshaped because they were all scattered until anywhere. The mirror which was Sunggyu’s belonging, was already broken into pieces and it spread on the floor. That’s not the last thing Sunggyu saw, there were so many foot prints on the floor drawn by fresh blood.

“Hyung, what’s happening?” Sungjong slapped Sunggyu’s strong back softly. Sunggyu looked around to find Kelly, but she wasn’t in the room. “Where’s Kelly?” Sunggyu asked.

“Oh my god, what’s with those bloody foot prints?” Sungjong covered up his mouth with his hands. The foot prints were really clear and Sungjong knew those were Kelly’s foot prints, so he followed the foot prints while Sunggyu walked behind him.

“Kelly! What are you doing?” Sungjong found her in the bathroom. As they expected, the bathroom was awful and messy. Kelly must be being angry again. Sunggyu hugged her as soon as he saw her. That girl was trembling so hard. She sat on the closet and hugged her own feet. It was already late at night and so cold, but Kelly went into the bathroom without wearing thick clothes to warm her body. Somehow it made Sunggyu worried.

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu asked while calmed her down.

“They were outside, looking for me. I’m afraid…” Kelly tightened her hug. It was no kidding, Sungjong knew himself Kelly trembled like she had just looked a dozen of ghosts.

“They were outside? How did you know?” Sungjong asked before Sunggyu.

“They called my name. They growled on your door. I didn’t know what to do and just ran to bathroom. I want to hide.” Kelly tried to explain, despite she was in an extremely fear. Sungjong patted Kelly’s head, “Let me check it out,” Sungjong said. Sunggyu nodded, he brought Kelly out from the bathroom to his room.

Woohyun woke up but he looked uninterested. A moment later, he got up and asked Sunggyu why Kelly cried. Sunggyu told him the full story. In the middle of the story, Sungjong came in to tell them that there was nothing outside.

“Could it be…” Sungjong put his thumb under his chin; he was thinking something suspicious.

“Could it be what?” Woohyun shoved Sungjong’s shoulder slowly. “Nothing, I am just wondering if the spells had been broken by the chucks by any chance. They can’t be here right? Didn’t Kelly’s brother already give the spells to our dorm?” Sungjong buzzed, he spoke quite unclear. Nobody answered. They were stuck in silence.

Kelly stopped crying. He sat next to Sunggyu on Sunggyu’s bed. “If The Chucks knows I live here, something might have happened to my family out there.” Kelly expected in worry.

“Do you want to visit your family?” Sungjong asked. Sunggyu glared, but Sungjong didn’t even care. Kelly gave a slight look to Sunggyu, and she hesitantly nodded. She really wanted to visit them. It’s okay if she had to be devastated as long as she met her family before the devastation happened.

“Do you know where your family lives?” Woohyun asked.

“In the northern, I don’t know where it is exactly but I did memorize the way from my home to this dorm.” Kelly replied.

“Let’s try,” Sunggyu spontaneously stated. Kelly, Woohyun, and Sungjong looked at him. It was unbelievable. Sunggyu was the only one who worried a lot. He forbid Kelly to step out from their dorm. He was over protective with Kelly. Somehow Kelly understood why Sunggyu did that, but sometimes she felt like a prisoner.

“Hyung, are you serious?” Sungjong and Woohyun asked almost the same.

“Yeah, the main point is to protect Kelly isn’t it?”

“Oppa, is it okay? To visit my family…” Kelly begged to Sunggyu. Sunggyu nodded, “We are going tomorrow.” He patted Kelly’s shoulder. “Aish, I’ve never seen the leader being so greasy like this…” Woohyun teased.

 

***