Chapter 1

A Thousand Years

“We must save her!” a lady shouted to her husband right in front of her. She wore purple velvet which was very thick and you could say that her gown was totally heavy because she kept holding it. Her husband nodded, his forehead was already full with wrinkles, but it wasn’t because he was getting older. She surely knew that her husband also couldn’t sleep at night just because of this matter. This was probably a serious matter, if it wasn’t, of course they wouldn’t be that worried.

“Call Seungho, we need to talk about this.” Kim Elison, her husband asked her to call Seungho.

As soon as Elison asked her, she walked out hurriedly to get Seungho. Seungho was doing something with his paper and ink, seemed like he was writing. There were another 3 boys and a girl not far from his seat. One boy was sleeping on the sofa, but everybody knew he wasn’t, he just loved to lie his body down and closed his eyes. He was Yonghwa, just like Seungho, he was smart and diligent but he was so antisocial. The rest, the 2 boys and a girl, they were cuddling and throwing a joke which made them laughed, no exception for Seungho, although he just chuckled behind his works. These 2 boys were Junhyung and Zico. They were twins and their physical-looks were almost that same, firm and also strong.

And the girl was Kelly. Everybody loved Kelly; she was the last child after Seungho, Yonghwa, and the twin brothers Zico and Junhyung. Kelly was pretty with her long-straight-brownish hair, her eyes were wide and the color was like hazelnut. Her skin was fair and flawless without any scratches. She was as pretty as a fairy. Even her brothers often called her “Kelly the Fairy”. There was something this family hid, it was about Kelly. She was actually an immortal person, she couldn’t die but she could be devastated. No one knew about why this could happen.

There was another unknown world beside human world. No one could explain. The fact was, there were too many immortals in this world and their existences were hard to find because they were hidden and also forbidden. And for The Chucks, those immortals didn’t have any rights to live in this world as the reason they were both human and another “soul”, and The Chucks, was a group of people who against the immortals.

“Seungho, your dad wants to talk to you,” Said his mom, Jooyeon.

“Mom, why do you look so pale, Are you sick?” Kelly asked her.

“No Kelly, mom’s alright, don’t worry…” she answered. Kelly couldn’t believe at all but she decided not to interfere.

Seungho left his works and walked straight to his dad’s room. His mom followed him afterwards. “You call me, dad? What’s the matter?” Seungho sat down at the sofa. His dad coughed a bit before starting his talking.

“You know we’re in a big trouble, right?” Elison asked his son. Seungho nodded, “We know except her,” Seungho added.

“At this time, she was in a great danger. This time is for real, we just can’t hide her in this house forever. The Chucks already noticed her as an immortal, the unwilling child. You know, the unwilling child must be devastated.” Elison said. Seungho sighed heavily, “She’s nice. They should prove it themselves. There will be no reasons for them to devastate her.”

“I know, I know, boy. That’s it! We should take her to a safe place, a place where The Chucks will never know.”

“Seungho,” he faced his mom as she called his name, clearly.

“We want you to take Kelly to a safe place because The Chucks has never known your smell. And please, don’t let the rest of your brothers know about this, about the place where you hide Kelly, and anything about Kelly.” His mom said. Seungho once again nodded, “Yeah, I know, if I tell them about where I hide Kelly, the Chucks will find her. Ok, I see…”

Elison nodded as he walked towards his son, he patted Seungho’s shoulder, “I trust you, kid…”

 

***