Day 41: Dance Competition.

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

Who doesn't like 2PM's new album? :''''D <33

 


Day 09: Dance Competition
Today marks the day of the competition. Before I went to sleep, Jooheon had texted me and notified me to sleep well and wake up early to a healthy breakfast and to meet him at the studio by noon. After a nice breakfast of buttered toast and egg whites, along with an apple and orange juice, I headed to the dance studio. Eomma has noticed I've been eating healthier lately and has actually praised me for my new eating choices. Since I was gone almost all day,  everyday, I barely saw Appa. We were always home at opposite times, and it felt like it'd been weeks since I last saw him.
 
 Arriving at the studio, I was surprised to have gotten there before anyone, including Jooheon. I stepped right in and made myself at home as I entered the quiet and empty dance room. These days I was here more often than the library. It was my new escape from the books. 
 
Since I arrived earlier, I decided to practice by myself, using the air as my source of Jooheon. After I finished my part, I wiped the sweat from my forehead and stretched out my body. Out of nowhere, "WOOOT! We got this!" Jooheon shouted with his hands clapping like a walrus as he made his way inside from behind the glass door. He had watched me rehearse the whole routine on my own for the first time. 
 
"What the heck, Jooheon?!" I shouted as I rubbed my shoulders, quite frightened from his sudden appearance. He was still laughing off my initial reaction. "Did I scare you? Miaaaaan Yunnie~" He nudged me lightly by the shoulder, putting his things down on one of the benches. Starting a few days ago, Jooheon's been calling me "Yunnie." It didn't make me feel uncomfortable, it was just... weird. No one's ever given me a nickname before, and this one specifically sounded too "cute." I didn't mind, but I didn't feel the need to give him a nickname either. I was still suspicious about his intentions, even though this felt like a true friendship with him. We practiced over and over before we felt we had completely nailed it. 
 
 
At the competition
 
 
Entering the arena, almost all the seats were filled. I was getting slightly more nervous than before. Suddenly all of my confidence was out of me. Jooheon noticed my nervousness and placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it an assuring squeeze. "Hey, I know you're very nervous right now and it's your first performance. But don't worry! Just imagine us back in the dance studio. You did excellent during our practice. Just do exactly what we did before we came here. Don't think too much about it, just feel it." He slightly ruffled my hair that put a smile on my face. Before, I found his actions annoying. Especially since I didn't like being touched. but these days I found them reassuring and comforting. 
 
The backstage staff called us to the side of the stage as we were up next. I followed behind Jooheon as he lead us to the center of the stage. The crowd grew quiet, the spotlight only shown on us. I could feel my body tense up and my heart beat faster, sweat slowly rolling down the side of my face. Jooheon leaned closed into my ear, "relax," he softly whispered. I took a deep breath as the intro of the song began. My body loosened up a bit and I closed my eyes, imagining us standing there alone in the dance studio. Channeling my inner dancer, I let the music guide me through the moves. I felt it in me; the moves just flowed out of my body like I was floating on a cloud. Without even thinking, my body and mind stayed focused only on Jooheon. We were one. 
 
A loud applause was heard once we finished. I inhaled this great feeling of being on the stage and people clapping for what I was able to do that I never thought I'd be able to. People weren't judging me for my appearance and it felt so good. For once they weren't throwing stuff at me and were actually praising me, liking me for my performance, calling me by my name and not something insulting. With a simple bow and smile, we fled from the stage. 
 
-
 
"In this envelope that I have here tells us which duo is the winner..." I gulped strongly as I watched the spokesperson slowly opening the envelope and revealing the notecard that held the winners' names on it. I bit my lip nervously as I felt Jooheon's hand suddenly slither down my arm and tightly grasp my hand. I didn't care at the moment; my attention was focused on the speaker. Even though I had initially done this to help Jooheon, it had grown to be a goal of mine as well. "And the winner is... Hyungwon and Wonho!" The crowd roared like someone had just won the lottery. My grasp of his hand had loosened as I turned to him, disappointment on my face. I could tell he was disappointed too, but he still smiled strong and accepted the second place trophy handed to us. We congratulated the winning duo and left the stage. I didn't know what to say... I felt like a failure. The words uttered out of my mouth, almost holding back. "Jooheon... I'm so sorry. I know how much this meant to you to win-" "No, don't be sorry. As much as I would have liked to win, I am incredibly proud of you. You're a winner to me, and I can't thank you enough for being my partner in this routine. Wonho and Hyungwon are my close buds and they're in the same dance group as me, so it feels like a group win! We're taking home a trophy to our studio either way." He reached out and gave my bangs a ruffle, which made me feel a little better about losing. To him, just being a part of this competition with me was enough for him. It became enough for me, too. 
  
-
Celebration
 
Jooheon insisted that we go to his Uncle's bar to celebrate 2nd place, just me and him. It was a little confusing since his friends at the studio that had also competed were going out to a group celebration at another bar. I thought we'd go with them, but he insisted we go elsewhere.
 
We sat on the stools near the window, Jooheon poured shots of Soju, gesturing one to me. "You want one?" I shook my head without hesitation, waving my hands at it. "Nahh, I don't drink." He rolled his eyes back, whining. "Aww, c'mon Yun! Don't be a wuss-" Before he could continue, I took the shot cup and chugged it. It was my first time ever taking a shot. It tasted extremely bitter and burned my throat, but soon after left a strange after taste. I didn't think I would take another, but soon enough I'd already taken 4. I still felt fine, maybe a little tipsy. Jooheon on the other hand was completely wasted.
 
"How're you handlin` him?" Jooheon's Uncle approached me as he shook his head at him. We laughed in unison. "It's definitely hard to keep a conversation with him like this. We may have cheered too many times." "No worries, you rascals be careful! By the way, I don't think he introduced you." I quickly shuffled and tried to pull my most respectful posture. "Annyeonghaseyo, Yun imnida!" I head bowed as he smiled and patted my back. "Good luck." He then left to get back to the drunk adults on the other side. 
 
I stared down at Jooheon who had stopped singing random songs and telling me lame jokes that I laughed at, not because they were funny, but because they were that lame. The side of his head lied flat against the countertop as he held the shot cup in his hand, drool escaping the corner of his mouth onto the table. I laughed at how soft he looked, but not too loud to wake him. I lightly shook his shoulders. "Jooheon ah, erona~ You're drunk and you can't sleep here." He shot up and sat up straight, rubbing his eyes. "Aniyaaaaa~ Kwenchana!" Wiping the drool off his cheek and lips, he lied back down on the countertop and fell back asleep. Aish, this kid. I tried again. "Jooheon ah, I'll help you catch a cab home." Without a word, Jooheon got up groggily, taking my wrist and weakly led me out of the bar, stumbling over to the small park across. I waved goodbye and thanked his Uncle before we left.
 
We sat on the bench in the park, I let him rest his head on my shoulder. Not gonna lie, it was chilly. "Yunnie... I'm hungry," he groaned quietly. I could smell the Soju wavering from his mouth, it made me gag a little. Despite his drunkenness, he was kind of cute. "Here's some money..." From out of his pocket he hands me his wallet. "Stay here, okay?" I slowly lied him down on the bench, letting him use my bag as a pillow. I ran to the gas station that was just around the corner. I grabbed and grabbed a rice ball, along with a cup of fishcake soup. Returning, I found Jooheon still sleeping soundly on the bench. I stood in front of the bench and used my knee to lightly nudge him, putting his wallet back into his pocket. Setting the items down on the open space of the bench, I grabbed him by the shoulders and attempted to sit him up. "Careful, it's hot." With his eyes slightly open, he took the soup and sipped at it once blowing on it gently. I tore the packaging of the rice ball open for him, putting it in his other hand. He seemed to be a better position than he was 10 minutes ago. I let him lay his head on my shoulder again once he finished. Good thing he got something in his system to soak up the Soju.
 
"Yunnie..?" I could feel his cheekbones moving against my shoulder as he spoke. "Nae?" He slowly rose his head from my shoulder, causing me to look at him as he stared back at me. Suddenly, his arms wrapped around my broad shoulders, our chins resting on each other's shoulders. I could hear sniffles in my ear. Was he crying? I softly patted and rubbed his back, not sure why he was crying at all. "I couldn't ask for any friend as amazing as you." Friend? He actually thought of me as a friend. Not a tutor, not a dance partner, but a friend. I could feel him slowly pull back, causing me to pull back as well. I smiled widely at him as his eyes softened. This moment felt weird but comfortable. We've spent so much time together, I really started to feel like this was someone I could trust. 
Both of his hands suddenly grasped both of my shoulders as he slowly leaned in. It caused me to lean back as he came closer, my eyebrows furrowing at what he was about to do. His lips slowly pressed on mine. It was the softest, most gentle feeling on my lips. My heart began beating rapidly, my cheeks warming up, not being able to pull back. 
 
I don't like Jooheon, I don't like Jooheon. I kept chanting in my head. But my actions said otherwise. 
 

Day 41 is up! :D Please give me your feedback! :] It means a lot to meeee. xD 
- Oh shieeeet. 63 subbers .. *^* Omg, I EFFIN LOVE YOU GUYS. <33 
Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3