PART ONE Day 51: First Date

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

Yun's POV


Day 51 : First Date

I woke up to a dry substance on my cheeks and under my eyes. I quickly tried to wipe them away, but they wouldn’t go away. I didn't even realized I had cried myself to sleep. The tears were gone, but not the boogies. I sniffed and sat up straight. A huge migraine hit my head. I groaned in pain as I clutched it. The vibration of my phone made my night stand rumble. I grasped it into my hand and checked my phone: A text from Jooheon. “Rise and shine! Get ready. I’m going to take you somewhere. I’ll be there in an hour. –Jooheon <3” I guess I’d better get up.

I couldn’t believe it. Once in my whole life I was actually rushing to get ready to see someone. I’m dolling myself up, not for an occasion, but to impress someone. After washing up, I headed out for my closet. I had a separate chest where I kept fancy and nice clothes that I stored away from my Appa's company events. The clothes were the size I never thought I’d fit back into.


Maybe a sun dress would be perfect for this occasion, even though I had no idea where he was taking me. I pulled out the lovely yellow and white, floral sun dress. It was pretty and only went up slightly above the knee. I forced it on, pulling at the end to fit around my hips and thighs. It fit a little tight, but at least I didn't look like a sausage. I took a glance in the mirror and liked how it wrapped around my waist and flowed over my legs. But my manly arms… I searched through my drawers and way at the bottom I found a short cut yellow cardigan. I put it on then checked myself in the mirror again. Well done, Yun!

Next was hair. I can honestly say, I have never used a straightener or curling iron, ever. For my whole years of living, I have only left it down, braided it or put it up in a ponytail. I never felt the need to ever curl my hair, I guess. From the bathroom, I pulled out my Eomma's curling iron. Out from my cardigan pocket, I pulled out my phone and immediately YouTubed “How to curl long hair.” It was really helpful, actually. Through moments of struggle and almost burning myself, I managed to do a decent job at curling my hair. I decided to go for a half up, half down look and pinned it up. 

Next was makeup. I never really used make up at all since middle school. You could call me a rookie in this category. Before I could YouTube “how to apply makeup,” someone knocked on the bathroom door. I jumped a bit from the sudden knock. I was afraid that anyone was going to catch me trying to doll myself up. So, I turned off the light and stayed quiet, acting as if I wasn’t even in there. 

“Aish... she locked the door by accident again.” It was Seulmi. She had a slightly lower voice than Seulki. Seulmi always had a weird bladder at this hour. Just when I thought she was running down stairs, I turned the light back on and played the video, forgetting to put my head phones on. Seulmi’s elephant stomps made their way back upstairs again, her fist banging on the bathroom door. “Noooona! Are you in there? Ahhh, paaaallllii!!! I gotta pee! I’m gonna pee in my pants!” I sighed annoyingly. This is what this family gets for getting a house with only one bathroom. 

“Aaaaaish! Go pee outside!” Both her fists were pounding at the door at this point. I groaned and opened the door quickly, pulling her in then slamming the door shut. “Waahhhh! Noona! You look soooooo-" I covered before she could say another word. “YAHH. PARK SEULMI. Stop yelling! Someone’s gonna hear! And if they do, I’m gonna kill you!” She stared at me with her eyes widened, shaking her head while mumbling through my hand over .

After she nodded in understanding, I pulled my hand away from then wiped all her spit that was on my palm on her shoulder. In a whispering tone, Seulmi leaned in and whispered, “Can I ask you why you’re dressing up?” In a matter of seconds, I mumbled, “I’vegotadate.” “Bwoh? Date? Omomomomoooo! Could it be with Jooheon Oppa? Yah! I thought we made a deal that when I graduate I have first dibs!” I chuckled at the low chance of that actually happening. “Kiddo, that’s not in another 7 years! Jooheon’s gonna be an Ahjussi to you!” I teasingly pinched her nose. “A-Aniyo! I’ll still like Jooheon Oppa no matter what!” I shook my head with a laugh. “Yah, don’t call him Oppa. He’s mine.” I blushed a bit when I said that. 

I went back to concentrating on the video, trying to follow each step and applying the makeup to my face. "What’re you watching?” “… Aren’t you done peeing? Leave.” I opened the door for her to leave. “You know, if you need help on makeup… I could help you!” I shut the door. “What do you know about makeup?” She rolled her eyes atme. “Have you been living in a cave?! Makeup is the top thing these days! I’m guessing you don’t have any make up products either.” Honestly, only the rookie ones I got when I was little from Christmases and birthdays. I shook my head in response. “I kneeeew it! Thank god the products I have are super nice and new.” She ran off to her room to get her make up products. This was pathetic. A 10 year old was seriously going to do my make up.  “Okay, here’s the stuff!” Seulmi comes running back into the bathroom with a huuuuuge bag. “…What’s that?” “My make up bag!” I stared blankly at it as she starting taking out several things; mascara, blush, lipstick, eye liner, eye shadows, etc. I was kind of scared of what this kid could do. “Okay, sit on the stool and just let me work my magic!” My only hope. 

I sat on the stool and closed my eyes for what seemed like the longest time. “Arasso, open up.” I slowly opened my eyes and turned to face the mirror, a bit afraid. “Do you like it?” Seulmi nudged me. This would have to be the first time I ever felt confident in my own skin. I did look pretty. I felt like the most beautiful person in the world. The person in the mirror was unrecognizable. “I... I look amazing. Thank you, Seulmi! Thank you so much!” I hugged Seulmi like I had never hugged her before. “Okay, okay! You’re welcome!” The door bell rang. I knew right away that it was Jooheon. I ran to the door before anyone could see me other than Seulmi and slipped on some white flats that were just lying around and opened the door, stepping out before I even said hi to Jooheon. Looks like I’ve got him speechless.
 


Jooheon's POV



If we’re in a “relationship,” we gotta make it look real, right? Besides, I had to make up for not showing up at her house last night. She would know two things; one, that I’m probably the worst boyfriend ever, and two, doubt my feelings. So, I decided to take her out on a date. I really just planned on taking her to the park and we could maybe bike around or something. Do whatever couples do.

Now, you might think since I’m well known around the school and all that I get asked out allll the time. Well, not exactly. Yeah, I get confessed to, but I have a certain type I like, too. I really haven’t had a girlfriend since freshman year. So this still felt fresh to me. Once it was time, I started waking to her house. A few seconds after I pushed that doorbell, a very put together and well dressed Yun ran out the door. I was expecting to see a casual looking Yun since she never looked good for anybody. “… H-Hello there.” Our stance was awkward. The moment was silent as I was still scanning her outfit and the natural looking makeup on her face. “Hi...” She smiled like I had never seen her smile before. I stared at her for a few seconds more; her hair nicely curled, her face pampered in light makeup and a soft colored sun dress that flowed to her knees. She was the most beautiful girl that I've seen in awhile. “Is… there something wrong?” She tilted her head while readjusting her dress. I was suddenly brought out of my trance. “O-Oh, no! You just… look beautiful.” I chuckled and my hand automatically reached out for hers, holding onto it tightly. I took a quick glance at her, catching her cheeks flush a bright pink, and I knew it wasn't the makeup. 

-

“So, where are you taking me?” I realized this whole time we had been walking in silence, enjoying each other's presence, and I hadn't told her where I was taking her. “Oh, yeah. Forgot to tell you. I was planning to take you on a bike ride around the park then stop for food after!” She seemed to like the idea by the huge grin on her face.

Once we reached the bike rental, I had Yun sit down while I got our bike numbers and keys. “Excuse me, could I get two bikes?” “I’m sorry sir. There's only one left. I doubt any of the other bikes will be back within an hour. If you’re willing to wait an hour, I can reserve one for you? But these bikes also have the back seat, if you're willing to have your lady there sit behind you.” I turned around quick to search out for Yun. She wasn’t a patient person, from what I remembered. I turned back to the person and shook my head. “Nahh, it’s fine. I’ll take the last bike, thank you.” The person handed me a return ticket and key to unlock our bike. I called Yun over and walked over to the empty rows of bikes. All the way at the end was our bike. I unlocked it and brought it out to the trail. Yun raised a brow at me and stood on the sidewalk, clueless. “Bwoh? I thought we were both getting our own bikes?” I scratched my head with my free hand while the other hand held the bike up. “Yeah, about that… they ran out of bikes so we’re stuck with this one bike. But you don’t mind, right? As long as you trust me as the driver.” I let out a light chuckle. She chuckled nervously in return. “Uh… yeah.”
 


Yun's POV



What?! ONE bike? Being behind Jooheon while holding onto his waist? Aushdiousfdf. I'd tip the bike back, let's be honest here. “Uhm… would it be better if I steered while you sat behind?” I awkwardly rubbed the back of the neck. But wait… he would have to hold onto MY waist and feel all my belly fat! His arms probably couldn’t reach all the way around me anyway. Either way, it would for me. This was not going to be a fun bike ride. 

“Hm? Don’t you think that’d look weird?” He laughed. “C’mon. Trust me just this once, hm? I promise we won’t crash.” I sighed. There was absolutely no way of getting out of this. I walked out of the sidewalk area and onto the bike trail. Jooheon sat on the seat, balancing the bike as I sat on the flat seat on the back, with my legs to the side, my hands slowly making their way to Jooheon’s waist. “Don’t be shy. Grab on.” Knowing that he was ready for it, I wrapped both my arms around him and tried not to put so much weight on him. “Are you okay?” Jooheon looked over his shoulder at me, his hands still on the handles bars and his feet on the ground. “Uhh… yeah, I think so.” “Okay, hang on tight!” With those last words, he lifted his foot onto the pedal and started to make our way onto the center of the trail. It was a bit wobbly at first, but later on became steady. “Am I too heavy?” I was afraid he’d be too tired but he just didn’t want to say it. “Hmm? I’ve only been pedaling for a good 5 minutes. I can’t be tired.” He chuckled. “Well, you know… With this weight behind you-“ “No, it’s fine. You’re no trouble at all, actually.” His assurance put me at peace. My grip around his waist grew tighter.

We rode through the whole trail and made our way safely back to the bike rental. I got off as fast as I could and fixed my dress. “Aren’t you tired?” I ask Jooheon as I followed him while he put the bike back in its lane and locked it. “Nope. Not one bit.” He smiled widely, although I could see the sweat peeping out his pores on his forehead. 

“Where to next?” “Hmm… Ice cream or food first?” “Food!” I bit my lip, a bit embarrassed at my immediate response. “I should’ve guessed.” Jooheon laughed. “What do you want to eat?” Everything sounded so good right now… “Salad?” I didn’t want him to see the part of me that was starving and could eat an entire buffet. “Salad? You sure that’s what you want?” I nodded. “I’m still on my diet, remember?” He shook his head with a soft chuckle. “Well... this can be a freebee.” I wanted to show Jooheon I was better than that. “No, it’s fine. I got a liking to salad, so let’s just get that.” Jooheon sighed. "Don't be so headass. Cmon, I'll treat you to a nice burger. That won't do you any harm! It's a nice day afterall to have a little picnic." He grasped my hand gently and lead me to a nearby burger place. How could I say no?

We approached the restaurant and took our time scanning the menu. "I think I'll get the pulled pork sandwich. You?" He nudged me gently with his elbow. I wasn't sure what to get just yet. I didn't want to get something too messy, but also something filling. "I'll take the classic BLT!" "I got this one, you can wait on the side for me." He smiled warmly and went ahead to order. It was nice of him to treat me to a burger; it really felt like a reward. 

He came to me with two bags in hand, holding it up to me like it was a trophy. "Here you go, milady! Let's dine outside while it's nice." He then grasped my hand again, gesturing us outside to sit. I opened the bag and hummed at the smell that immediately rose into my nose. I reached in and grabbed the nicely wrapped burger, unwrapping it layer by layer. 

 


Day 12 is up! Day 13 will be updated soooooon. ;D

- 96 subbers .. :'DD asfhsiodfjodsF WE'RE ALMOST THEREEEEEE. <33
This chapter was WAAAAAY too long! xDDD So, I’ve decided to make a part two. :DD
Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3