Day 02: Something new.

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

316 - All About You


 

Day 02: Something New.

"Everyone needs friends." Not true. I've gone through most of my school years without a friend. It's not hard to get them, just that "it matters what's in the inside, not on the outside" doesn't work like how it did in primary school. People are so judgemental these days. Seriously, who created cliques? It's just something to exclude those who don't fit in.

Making friends wasn't so hard when you were a kid since everyone basically liked the same thing. But once you grow older, you start getting interested in certain things and eventually lose some of those friends along the way. Not with me. Since middle school, when I started gaining weight while others were losing theirs, people just stopped talking to me. It wasn't because I changed my personality or my interests, it was because I changed my appearance. I was bigger now. And who would talk to "the fat girl?"

-

Lately many students have been failing their exams. I, being a straight-A student and top ranked in the whole school, was assigned to do afterschool tutoring for those who wanted extra help to study for tests during the school week. Just as I expected everyday, no one came. People would rather fail their exams than waste their time being helped by me. Until the last day of the week... 

I waited at the library, just like any other day, and waited for whoever came. Pretty stupid of me to wait for just anyone to come when I knew no one would come, huh? 1 hour. I gave these slackers 1 hour to show up each and every day. 

Just when I was about to take my things and leave, a loud siren flew past the doors of the library yelling,"Chakkumaaaan!" I froze. Could this person be telling me to wait? Pfft, yeah right. I continued and picked up my things, making my way to the other library exit. 

I could hear the heavy foot steps near closer and closer to me, a sweaty hand gripped my right shoulder. Immediately, I flinched and turned around, close to throwing a punch at the person for approaching me in such surprise. No one ever touches me. He was tall, had small eyes, built figure. His dimple was prominent, it was so deep. I had to snap myself out of staring at it momentarily. 

He stood there, paralyzed. "Ahh, mian. I didn't mean to scare you. And sorry for being late. I had dance practice everyday for the past week and everytime I come here after, you're not here. I'm just glad I caught you this time! You're Yun, right?" 

What. the. heck. This person's talking to me. Me.. YUN. He knew my name and he knew I'd be here. And he even apologized for why he hadn't been coming and gave a reason why. I wasn't sure what to say. Do I accept this apology? Forget that he said anything and start working? It's obviously been awhile since I've had any genuine human interation that wasn't someone calling me out. 

Get your act together, Yun. Someone's talking to you. Don't act like an idiot. Say something. I cleared my throat,"Yes. I'm Yun. No need to apologize." He set his gym bag down and started stretching out his arms. He was covered in sweat, from head to toe. "Okay, good. And sorry, again." Shaking my head, I spoke more comfortably. "Ani, it's all good. Are you sure you don't want to shower first?" He shook his head, making sure sweat didn't fly off from his head. "Nah, I have a tight schedule. As I said before, right after school I have dance practice with my dance group and I come straight here. Then after coming here, I jog around and work out for a bit and end the day with a shower and dinner. Homework is usually last." Wow. A full explanation. Did this guy know who he was talking to? He was having an actualy conversation with me. 

"Oh, it's understandable." As I said these words, he smiled widely and started taking his books out from his back bag. "Oh, my name's Jooheon, by the way. I'm in your Math class as well. But I never see you there. Only once in a while." Obviously... I'm always outside of the classroom. "Mmm... Yeah." I didn't have much to say to that. I stared down at the text book that I had pulled out in front of me. "So... What exactly do you need help on?"

He had a whole bunch of questions. He wasn't exactly failing Math but wanted extra help to ace the exam. From what he showed me, there were only minor mistakes. "Hmm.. one thing that'll help you is to check over your answers. See, from question 1, you muliplied wrong. But that's just a minor mistake." He nodded in understanding and did the problem again, succeeding the second try. 

-

Time seemed to pass by pretty fast. Although I gave myself an hour for these tutoring sessions, we were cooped up in the library for a few hours. It was already dark out and I had remembered what Jooheon had said about his usual daily routine.

"Well, we can continue next week, if you show up. It's getting late. You won't have time to jog and work out." I smiled a bit, hoping to get the same smile back, which I did. "Okay, I'll see you later, Yun." He picked up both bags of his and left the library with a wave. 

Was I dreaming? After his absence, I repeatedly slapped my cheeks, even pinched them as hard as I could. This Kingka who I don't recognize... was talking to Fat Yun. Everyone knew me, he should've known. Did he show up just to make fun of me? What if he just showed up to make fun of me for those Queenkas and Kingkas? All these thoughts brought my mood down. Gathering up my things, I walked home with only the lamp posts and stars to guide me. 


Day 02 is up! :D How'd you like this chapter compared to the first one? Better... Worse? Please give me your feedback! :]] 

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3