Day 50: Bet

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

Jooheon's POV


Day 50: Bet

I feel extremely bad about this. Yes, the bet was still on. And there is one thing left I have to complete. It's something... I'd rather not do. But like what a Prince has to sacrifice to rightfully take his throne as King, I'd have to sacrifice a friend, in this case, to get what I want. I had to ignore all feelings and allow the bad guy in me to come out. All feelings were fake, I had to tell myself repeatedly. I hadn't spoken to Yun for a good week or so. This was all part of my plan.

Weekend morning, bright and hot day; perfect for what I had planned. I knocked on the front door of Yun's house; something I hadn't done in awhile. It felt weird but comfortable to be here after so long. Yun's Eomma opened the door. "Oh, annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Park." I bowed politely. "Oh, it's you." She sounded annoyed. "Come on in, I want to have a word with you." I was kind of scared, to be honest. I've never had a full on conversation with her before and for her to be asking to talk to me worried me.

 Mrs. Park led me into the living like it was my first time ever being inside her house. I searched around for Yun but she was nowhere. Guess she was in her room. I sat done on the opposing side of the couch from Mrs. Park. "So, I've been noticing that you've been hanging around my step-daughter lately." Did she think we were dating? "Y-Yes..." Her brows raised at me. "Why?" "Because she's my friend? Should I even have to answer this question?" She took a sip from her tea cup that was already on the coffee table. "Well, yes. But she's very... different. I wouldn't believe anyone would come to a liking of her." What in the world... "Do you hear yourself? How could you say that about your step-daughter?" She shrugged. "I just don't understand why you would be hanging out with such a weird and fat--" I broke out once she said fat. "She isn't fat. Why're you calling your own step-daughter fat? I don't know if you've noticed or not, but she's actually gotten the courage to lose some of the weight by dieting and exercising daily! And just to let you know, all that encouragement she got wasn't from you or your family. It's because of me." With those last words, I got up from the couch and ran down the hall, barging into Yun's room, grabbing her wrist forcibly and dragged her out. "What the- Let me go!" I ran out the door before she could even change from her slippers to her regular shoes.

-

I breathed heavily as I finally brought us to a bench. Yun yanked her hand away from mine. "Why the hell did you drag me out here like this?!" I sighed and shook my head while looking down to the ground. ".... Mianhae." Yun angrily sat on the bench, crossing her arms. "What the hell, Jooheon..." This was my queue.

I faced her, my eyes filled with all sincere. I took her hands in mine, a weird feeling running through my hands, causing my heart to beat at a pace it never has before. Yun's head raised with confusion filling her face. "B-Bwoyah..." She tried taking her hands away, but I wouldn't let her. "Yun, I have something to say." I gulped hard. It felt like I was swallowing a giant rock. What I was going to do next felt painful. "I-I like you, Yun..." Her eyes widened. She bit her lip shyly and let her hands stay where they were, more relaxed. "I-I like you too..." Her response took me by surprise but... Mission accomplished. Now all I had to do was wrap things up without suspicion. "Y-You do?" I faked a smile. To make this feel real to her, I hugged her tightly and warmly. She rested her head on my shoulder. It... actually felt real and nice to hug her like this. I could feel her heart beat the same rhythm as mine. I quickly pulled back before I thought too much of it. "Arasso, let's get you back. I gotta work, but I'll stop by later." I smiled widely at her, so did she.

-

I did go to work, actually. After that I was planning to stop by her house again, like how I said I was going to, but instead I stopped at Shownu's house. I knocked on his apartment door, ready to tell him that I completed the bet. "Nugu?" His voice spoke lowly behind the door. "It's me, Jooheon." He opened the door, letting me in. "What brings you here?" He sounded annoyed. "I finished the bet. I told you I'd do it." He chuckled. "... Ahah. You're kidding, right?" I shook my head and took out my phone. "I've completed every requirement, but one and that was to make her fall for me." I hit 'play' on the recording I had on my phone. "I-I like you, Yun..." "I-I like you too..."

"Is that proof enough?" He stared at the phone screen, amazed at what he had just heard then laid a hand on my shoulder. "Wow, I'm proud. And I'm happy to pass my role to you." He shook my hand and patted me on the back. I smiled a bit. Was I supposed to feel good about this? I didn't feel good at all.

On the walk to Yun's, I had forgotten all about stopping at her house and actually passed it without knowing. This whole situation was taking a huge toll on me and my mind was racing. I went home instead and lied in my bed for the rest of the night. 


Yun's POV


H-He likes me. And I like him. Lee Jooheon; the multi-talented, highly social and amazing dancer of our school. I blushed just thinking about him. I lied in my bed while hugging my Rilakkuma plushie and stared at the ceiling. Am I dreaming? I know I just told myself a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't possibly like him but that was just to keep myself from hurting. But knowing that he likes me, I can be more open about my feelings.

It's probably lame to be waiting all day for Jooheon to stop by, but I did. I looked out my window almost every 5 minutes to check if he was just pacing outside my door or something. I didn't even know if he had a job, so I had no idea when he'd be coming over. I checked the clock that hung on the wall. It read 10:20 PM. He wasn't coming. I sighed and called it a night. I hugged my plushie tightly, turning to my side. Did he really like me? Or was he just saying that? He hadn't talked to me for a week and he decides to come back saying that he likes me? Plus, he didn't even stop by when he said he would... I shut my eyes and tried not to think about it. 

 


Day 50 is up! Updates will be delayed longer than others. xP NO LAPTOP/COMPUTER. DDD: //dies. But I will update atleast once or twice a month~! ><

- 87 subbers .. :'DD asfhsiodfjodsf I'm gonna DIIIIE. <3 Let's get it to 100!! ^^
Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3