Day 34: Dance Partner

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

Song For This Chapter. :33 It has nothing to do with this chapter, but I was listening to this while typing up this chapter. xD


Day 34: Dance Partner

Jooheon's taken me to dance class everyday after school. And why did I agree to go? Something about this dance contest that he's been dying to win and he can't without a partner. So, he convinced me to be his partner and said it would be a source of paying him back. And I guess I couldn't think of any other way to pay him back, so I went with it. 

-

I met up with Jooheon after school, as usual, and headed out to the dance studio. The people there got used to my presence and treated me nicer; I liked it. Instead of ignoring me and looking at me with disgust, they smiled and welcomed me in, not shooting even one nasty glare. I was even able to hold up a conversation with some of them. 

Jooheon and I got through more than half the song, which was perfect! The dance contest was at the end of the month, so we had plenty of time. Although there are a lot of touchy-touchy parts in the dance... I learned to let those get past. It's just a dance. I got used to it and ignored it after awhile and just danced away. I actually really enjoyed dancing and am somewhat glad I "agreed" to go with him that day. I would've never discovered I could actually dance and enjoy it.  

-

After practice, Jooheon dropped me off at home. It was kinda like a routine. Even though he lived far, he insisted he needed the extra walk for his workout. I entered my quiet home and made my way into the kitchen for a snack. I heard footsteps make their way down the stairs as I chewed my way through an apple. "Oh, you're home?" Seulmi asked as she watched me eat my apple. I nodded and took another bite. She looked at me with concern. "Unnie, why are you coming home late now? Are you studying for another exam?" Since when did she care about my whereabouts? I shook my head. "Dance practice." Seulmi gasped as if I told her I was pregnant. "Bwoh?! D-Dance practice? You DANCE? Since when? How can you dance? Woah, woah wooooah! Is that why Jooheon Oppa's been dropping you off?" Has she been spying on me or something? "Ahh... yes." I didn't bother to answer any of her questions and walked around her, making my way up to my room with my apple and a bottle of water. Like a curious puppy, she followed me up and into my room before I could shut the door on her. "Unnnnnnie~ What's going on between you and Jooheon Oppa?" There was literally nothing. I didn't know what kind of answer she was looking for. "Nothing." I could tell by her reaction she didn't believe me. "Then why has he walked you home every single day for the past week?" That was a good question. I didn't quite know why. He said it was because he enjoyed the extra walk for his work out, but could it be more than that? I shook the thoughts from my head. "Because he's being a good chingu." I then pushed Seulmi out of my room as she babbled on. 

Sitting at the edge of my bed, I ruffled the back of my head. I thought for a second about everything he's done for me in the past month. Was he doing this all out of pity? Was it all a plan? Does he like me? No. There's no way. Jooheon would never like a girl like me. These thoughts I've been ignoring are meant to remain ignored. 

Week Before Dance Competition

"Okay, let's run through it once more." Jooheon and I had gotten through the whole dance routine, almost perfected. The competition was in a week and Jooheon was really focused and had us practice more everyday until we got it down perfectly. I could see the determination in his eyes, it was almost like I was looking at a whole new person. If only his determination for school was this hard. 

"Great job, Yun. I'm impressed by your quick learning these last couple of weeks." He gribbed my shoulder, then moving it to pat my back; a gesture that wasn't included in the dance. I smiled thankfully and grabbed the ice cold water bottle that he tossed me.

We walked back to my house, as usual, and said our goodbyes at the gate. Before I left, he fiddled his thumbs like he had something to say to me. "You know, Yun, I really appreciate you giving dance a try and also agreeing to be my dance partner. I know we'll win this." He slowly approached me and despite the dried up sweat, he pushed my bangs aside and planted a kiss on my forehead. My eyes blinked rapidly, staring intently at his shirt to avoid eye contact. My words bounced off my teeth, refusing to come out. "Uhhhhhhhh... Goodnight!" I slid through the gates and scurried inside. What in the world. 

Once I stepped foot into my house, I clutched my heart as it beated constantly. My cheeks were on fire and I was sweating like we had gone through the dance routine 82347 times. Why am I smitten by this action? It's nothing. Absolutely nothing. I told myself over and over again. I can't possibly be falling for him. I ruffled both sides of my head. What does this whole lips to forehead action mean?


Day 34 is up! :D Please give me your feedback! :] It means a lot to meeee. xD 
- Oh damn. 47 subbers .. *^* I think that's my highest. :'o Omg, I love you guys. <33 
Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3