Day 10: Jogging.

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

[ Random Song Of The Day :3 OOHH Jooheon. <33] 

G.Na - Oops


 

Day 10: Jogging.

"Uuuuuunnnie!" A loud whiney voice that belonged to Seulmi echoed throughout the room. That was my queue. I rolled out of bed and checked my desk clock. Just like yesterday, I had been woken up way too early. I groaned as I changed into a decent pair of gray sweatpants and a tight purple shirt. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and slipped on my panda slippers, making my way downstairs. 

"Naaaae?" I said while rubbing my eyes. "Eomma said to go buy groceries if you want lunch," she muttered. I sighed. "Seriously? Can't any of you go? I just got up." Seulmi shook her head and looked away from her laptop for a split second. "Ani. Eomma said that you had to go since you're older." My eyes rolled so far back. "But it's right across the st-" "Eooommmaaa! Yun's not listening to-" My head sunk in from the screech, I quickly covered before Eomma could stomp her way downstairs and scold me. A deadly glare glowed from my eyes and sent darts to Seulmi's. 

-

The market was right across the street, thank god. It wasn't so packed either, which was good. Before I left, Seulmi had given me a list of what we needed before I headed out. Usually I would have to just carry around a basket, but with this kind of list, I needed a cart. After I grabbed a cart, I walked around aisle after aisle, grabbing the items I needed, then headed out to get some vegetables and fruits. Lastly were the beverages, which were on the other side. 

I reached the beverages area and picked up milk, water and a view jugs of juice. There was a man in front of me and I swore I recognized his back view. He had a bit of spiked orangish, brownish hair and wore basketball shorts with a breezy sports sweater with running shoes. In his left hand he held an energy drink and in the other he had his phone. I took a quick peek and spotted a GPS route of this neighborhood on his screen. He turned around as my eyes drawed from his hand and up onto his face. 

"Ouuuuu Yun! You're here?" He ran over to me and dug his eyes into my cart. "Ah, grocery shopping I see. Well, I just stopped by the get an energy drink." A huge grin formed on his face as he spoke to me, as if he was extremely happy to see me here. I looked around just to make sure he was talking to me and not someone behind me. "A-Ah... Nae. I'm here grocery shopping. It's just right across the street." He nodded with his lips pursed in understanding. "Oh, I see. I just went out for a jog and decided to jog around here a bit." Why was he all the way over here? "But, it's so far from the side of town you live in." His head took a stern shake. "Aniyo. It's decent." The people that were in front of us started to move, so I took the chance to flee the conversation. "Well, I gotta go-" He stopped me before I could turn my cart and leave the beverages area. "Do you need help with your bags? I could help you bring them back. Did you walk? It looks like you've got a lot of things to bring back." I bit the corner of my lip as he spoke every truth. "Uhh, ani. M-My.. dongsaengs are here. She went to go pick out candy before we left." I hid the choking cough in my throat that would've given away my lie. "Oh, okay then. I'll see you tomorrow." With a quick wave and smile, he was gone. One may have taken the help, but it felt dangerous to have non-school related conversations with him. 

-

It was true that my short arms along with my monster hands and fingers, I still wouldn't be able to carry all these bags. I pushed the cart near the exit of the market and parked it there, giving the home phone a quick call. No one picked up after more than 6 calls. I guess I would have to try to carry all these by myself. With a sigh, I wrapped each bag around my arms one by one. I could already feel the pain and pressure tilting onto my whole left arm! My whole left arm was covered in white plastic bags; now for the right. It was a bit hard for a full arm and hand, but I managed to get it. All the weight on both my arms were really too much! But maybe it would help on losing weight, I mean, it was like lifting weights, but with the plastic bags squeezing my arms.

I struggled to make my way out of the automatic doors when an arm had extended and blocked my way of moving forward. Funny. The arm had the same colored sleeve and material Jooheon's sweater had-- "Yahh! Pikeo!" He clicked his tongue and turned around, hands on his hips. "What did I SAY? You're alone! And you obviously need help." He started taking bag after bag from each of my arms until he had a little more bags than me; he wouldn't even let me speak for a second! The bags left red marks on my arm, ouch. "Why're you doing this?" I started rubbing at the marks at my arms, looking up at him. "Because I'm a helpful person?" Before I could reply to that, he had already started walking to my house. I was surprised he remembered where it was.  

-

Seulmi opened the door. "Oh, Unnie you're back- with Opppppa!" She was flailing her arms all over the place, ready to attack him with a hug. Crazy how one visit can really make an impact on someone. "Nonono. He's here to help with the groceries since nobody wanted to go with me." She rolled her eyes, acting as if that weren't true. "Welllll, if you would've told me that Jooheon Oppa was going to be with you, I would've gone!" I ignored her and pushed her out of the way, unloading the bags and putting the groceries back. Jooheon chuckled sheepishly, following behind and helped also.  

After we unloaded everything, I was just about to send him out when he refused to leave. "Mmm.. Yun. Why don't you jog around with me for a bit?" That was probably just his way of telling me that I was fat and I needed to lose the weight. "Ani, it's alright. I have other things to do." "Like what?" "Err, homework--" "Liar. You're a straight-A student. I'm sure you finished all you homework in class." "What do you want with me? You're unlike everyone else. You're suppose to... not talk to me, not help, not go to the afterschool tutoring classes... Everything you've done with and for me are not the things you should be doing!" We were lashing back at each other back and forth. He stood there, eyes wide open and his voice stuck. For a moment, I felt bad that maybe I'd said something to offend him and his actions.

"I-I .. y-you've mistakened everything .. I-I just wanted to help you out and--" I interrupted. "Lose weight? Why do you care so much about my weight?" I was just about to slam the door in his face when he stopped me. "Please, Yun. Listen. I know I'm just some random person that you've met. But I can help you just as much as you've helped me. This is not because of your image. Please, just this once. Jog with me and you can have the choice of continuing or not." He wasn't going to leave with a no. There was a part of me that also wanted to give it a try. Actually try to lose some of this weight and not starve myself to death.

-

I geared up in my sweatpants and baggy t-shirt and slipped on my gym shoes that I rarely wore. He waited outside ,y house for me. I felt his eyes scan my figure from head to toe. He muttered, "I guess that's acceptable for now. But you need decent running shoes, sports pants and a sports bra-... uhh a shirt that actually sticks to your body." He rubbed the nape of his neck. "B-But what you're wearing is okay!" I wasn't sure if he was insulting my choice of clothing or not - but his thumbs up afterwards gave me assurance. 

-

We first started on just a slow walk. By the time we reached about half a mile of walking, he insisted we start jogging. But there's a reason why I don't run. My stomach jiggles and I can feel it bounce up and down, my muscles start tensing and its painful, and my running pace is usually the pace of someone's normal speed walk. He slowly started increasing his pace and expected me to follow. I didn try, but the longer I ran, the more tired I got. My breath already began to quickened and he noticed right away. "Okay, Okay. I won't push you. Let's just walk a few blocks a day and we'll start jogging next week or so." What made him think he was my personal trainer? "What makes you think I'll agree to do this with you again?" He clasped his hands like he had already prepared an answer. "Well... in order to graduate, you have to have done a years worth of P.E. And judging by how you won't jog, you aren't going to graduate." I blew my bangs up from sticking to my forehead. He did have a point. This was besides the idea of me actually having to lose weight. I needed to graduate. 

From then on, we decided to take walks each day; to school and back home. It was somewhat enjoyable, but then again suspicious. Regardless, I felt like I actually had a friend. 

 


 

Day 10 is up! :D How'd you like this chapter compared to the third one? Better... Worse? Please give me your feedback! :]] 

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3