Day 27: Dance Class

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

Day 27: Dance Class.

It's the end of Tuesday, I've got my backpack straped on tight and I wore my running shoes today. I was ready. Ready to run home as fast as I could, no matter how much my stomach jiggled and hurt, I was determined to make it home before Jooheon could catch me and drag me to his dance classes. That plan failed. 

I exited the building of the school, looking both ways. No sign of Jooheon. I casually walked past the gate of the school, keeping a look out on Jooheon. I cautiously crossed the street, making it over safely, waiting for a wild Jooheon to attack but still, no sign of him.

In no time, I was home. I didn't seem him all day at school, he was probably sick. Thank god. I really didn't want to go to this dance class he was basically dragging me to. I walked up the drive way of my house and nearly had a heart attack! Right there, leaning on the side of the gate of the drive way was Jooheon with his hands crossed against his chest and a smirk on his face. He raised his right arm and waved his hand. "Annyeong, Yun! Surprised to see me?" He flashed me a cheeky smile, his dimple prominent as ever with his eyes curled like an upside U. I groaned annoyingly, slightly slouching my shoulders. "Ugh. Why're you here?" "Dance classes! Remember?" "Yeah.. but you weren't at school today." "Tch. Doesn't mean I was going to miss today! I just had an appointment." He winked and linked arms with me, turning me away from my house. "Let's goooo!" Although my weight itself was holding me back, I, myself, was trying to use my strength to pull me back into my house. I really hated being thouched, especially linking arms. I unlinked them almost immediately after he trusted I wasn't going to try to run away. 

-

We reached the dance studio, which wasn't too far from my house. I can admit that I was very nervous when we walked inside with all his friends staring at us. They were probably thinking "Why did Jooheon bring her?" "What the hell is she doing here?" My fingers trembled and my heart pounded. Right at that moment, I felt like this was a trap. They were all going to through eggs at me and laugh that I actually came. 

"Jooheon, why did you bring her," one girl whispered and shot me an ugly look. "She's here to learn," Jooheon had said to the girl straightforwardly, shrugging her off. He tugged me closer to the center. The sweat started accumulating, starting to run down my cheeks. I was trembling at this point, trying not to make eye contact with anyone. "Introduce yourself." He turned to me and smiled brightly. I shook my head and shot him a deadly glare. It was like we were communicating by eye our eye contact.

Just do it. 

No! They know me as the fat girl.

So what? Show and tell them that that's not your name.

Forget it. 

Try it. Just try it.

"Annyeong. Yun imnida." I head bowed, not wanting to show much respect to this people that called me names in school and looked at everyone bluntly. Jooheon lightly nudged me with his elbows and darted his eyes at me, forcing a smile upon his face. I sighed and returned the forced smile to everyone else. As expected, they brushed me off and went on with their routines. My eyes glared at Jooheon. "I told you." He shrugged and dragged me over to an empty and free area of the dance studio. "They'll warm up to you soon. I did, didn't I?" My cheeks flushed for no reason?? I really didn't know how to answer that question since I hadn't really paid much attention to that. It definitely made me think, though. 

Everyone was in their own little area, which was better for me, I guess. I wouldn't have to make a fool of myself in front of everyone, but only in front of Jooheon. But I could feel some of their eyes glance over at me from time to time. It wasn't so bad. Jooheon showed me a short click of a dance routine he found online. Dance Routine

It was a duo dance. I disapproved his choice the minute the video ended. "I-I'm not doing that!" He whined, "Aww, c'mon! Could you atleast try? Try, try, try?" I shook my head and crossed my arms. "I'll do anything but that! I can't even dance... That dance is like for actual dancers." He sighed and put his phone down. "Yun. Believe in yourself. This could not effect your change of image, but change your hobbies, maybe even your talent. Please, just try? It isn't so hard once you take it step by step. Please, believe in yourself for this." His pleading really got me thinking. I really didn't have any hobbies or things I liked to do. It was always just school work. Maybe it was worth a try. "Let's get started..." I sounded less pumped than he did, but he didn't care. He was too happy with the fact that I agreed to go along with this. 

-

Time sure flew fast! It had already been 2-3 hours or so and we got as far as the second part. This would take more some time. Everyone had left an hour or so before us, which left the whole dance studio to just us. I was more comfortable to move around once it was just us two without the feeling of negativity around me. 

We were just packing up our things when he tossed me a water bottle. I cracked it open and chugged it down. "Nice work today." I smiled and thanked him; something I hadn't really done towards him. His words of encouragement really made me feel good about myself that day. "Now, what do you think about the routine?" I shrugged. "It's okay now, I guess..." He chuckled to himself, knowing that I'd grown to enjoy it. "Well, you're able to do it from what I saw." It was true. Though it took awhile to get the easiest moves into my head and memorized, I could do it, even if it wasn't as good. 

"So... You wouldn't mind performing it in front of a crowd, would you?" My head shot up, furrowing my brows. "Well, yeah! I have major stage fright and I've never performed in front of people before. Why?" I raised a brow curiously at him. "Oh, nothing... I still need a dance partner, and I think you'd be fit for my end of the year performance." A grin swept across his face. He really saw the potential in me, and I didn't know how to respond at the moment. "Maybe." 

 


 

Day 27 is up! :D How do you like the story so far? >< Please give me your feedback! :] It means a lot to meeee. xD 

-WOAAAHOHO. I've already reached 37 subscribers already? xD I appreciate those who read this. <3 

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3