PART TWO Day 51: First Date

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

PART TWO Day 51 : First Date

Next stop was ice cream. We cleaned our hands off with a napkin, then his hand perfectly slipped into mine. Still, I fet butterflies in my stomach when we held hands. Slowly our arms swung while walking on the sidewalk beside the busy road.  We entered the doors of the ice cream parlor, immediately inhaling the sweet scent. “What would you like, Miss Yun?” I honestly couldn’t pick, I liked almost everything they had here. “Uhm.. I’d like the coconut waffle special.” I my lips just by the thought of it; I could almost taste it. Something sweet after something salty was such a reward. “Sounds good. I’ll get a chocolate caramel waffle special. Find us a spot and I’ll come back with our order, hm?” I nodded and immediately directed myself to the swirly chairs that were near the windows.

Jooheon shortly found where I was and handed me my coconut waffle special. “Thanks.” He smiled in return and sat on the opposing seat of mine. I tried not to stare at him while he ate his ice cream, but I couldn’t help it. He seemed to notice my staring, catching me off guard. “Do you want some?” He swept a piece of his ice cream with his spoon and pointed it toward my lips. “Oh… sure!”  I was a bit shy at his gesture, slowly leaning my head foreward and ate the ice cream off of the spoon. With a hum, I responded, “Mmm, it’s good!” We both laughed. “Would you like to try mine?” I did the same as he did to me and he smiled as he ate the ice cream off of my spoon. “Very delicious.”
 

After we had both finished our ice creams, we had set off onto the road again. We both didn’t know what to do next, so we decided to take a rest at a park bench. We sat there, awkwardness filling the atmosphere. For some reason, ever since he confessed, we just couldn’t talk to each other like how we did when we were friends. We both feel that now we’re in a relationship, we need to do things more… “couple like” or else it wouldn’t even feel like a relationship. :\
I nudged him lightly. “Hey, want to go to the top of that hill?”  I pointed to the huge hill that was in front of us. “Sure!” He took my hand and started walking towards the hill.

 

-
 

I was actually enjoying this “date.” Even though to me this was a fake date, it really felt like a real date. After enjoying some ice cream, it really got awkward. All we did was sit on the bench. I really didn’t know what to do anymore. .-. Luckily, Yun had an idea and it was better than just sitting here! Without thought, I had grabbed her hand and we were running to the hill.
We reached the top of the high hill, and let me tell ya, it was tiring! It was so tiring to the point where I was literally climbing up the hill instead of running. I lied tiredly on our destination and breathed heavily.  “It didn’t look that bad from the bottom, but man, I’m so tired!” Yun laughed as she lied beside me. “Tell me about it.”

 

-
 

It had been awhile since the last time Jooheon and I worked out, if you call running up this high hill a work out. .-. We spent probably 5 minutes catching our breaths.
 

Already, this day was coming to an end. It felt like we had only hung out for a few hours, but the sun was already setting.
 

Jooheon and I sat up from laying down, a few feet separating us. I brought my knees up and hugged them, something I hadn’t been able to do for awhile.
 

The sun slowly set, hiding behind the tip of tall buildings. It was quite beautiful to watch the sun set from this view. I lied my head on top of my knees as I watched the sun fall slowly.
 

After the sun had fallen and the bright stars were slowly appearing in the dark sky, Jooheon cleared his throat. “Well, let’s call it a night?” I slowly exhaled and shook my head. “You can go first, I like how the stars look from up here.” I smiled a bit. I took a quick glance at Jooheon. He still remained seated. “I thought you were going?” He shook his head. “Nahh, I feel more comfortable walking you home when I’m on my way home. Besides, you’re right about the stars being nicer tonight.” He chuckled lightly.
 

After about 15 minutes of silence, Jooheon cleared his throat and asked,” So, why do you like to stare at stars like this? Does it ever get boring?” I shook my head and sighed comfortably. “It never gets boring. I’d stay here all night if I could, just hoping I’d see a shooting star for the first time.”  I smiled wider and hugged my knees tighter. “Ahh, I see you believe in shooting stars. “Mhm. Do you?” He shrugged. “Well, I’ve never seen one either, so I can’t really confirm if they really work or not.” He chuckled and scooted closer to me. My eyes continued staring up into the stars.
 

-
 

Though star gazing was kinda boring to me, Yun enjoyed it so I bared through the boringness. After about almost an hour of staring at the stars, I checked the time on my phone. It was almost 10 pm. I didn’t want to get scolded at by Yun’s parents, so I tried my best to get Yun to agree to leave with me in the nicest way. I scooted closer to her and nudged her lightly. “Hey, Yun.” She lifted her head from her knees and looked towards me instead of up at the sky. “Hmm?” For some reason I found myself speechless. The way her hair fell onto her shoulders and the upper half of her summer dress was really beautiful. Her expression was refined and for the first time in my life, I felt a slight feeling in my chest. For a moment, I couldn’t find the words to what I was going to say. I pretty much looked like an idiot, staring at her with my mouth slightly opened.
 

“Yes…?” Yun looked at me with a confused expression. I quickly got myself together, but my thoughts were taking over my body.
 

I scooted closer to her, our shoulders touching each other. A hand swiftly sliding behind her neck as I leaned forward, closing my eyes and softly pressing my lips against hers. Her lips tasted of a sweet sensation, my heart beat increased and the hot rush of blood shot up into my cheeks.  I slowly pulled back, a shy smile pasting itself on both our faces. “I think we should go now. It’s getting late.” I honestly didn’t know what I was doing, but I was glad I did. She would really believe that I actually liked her now; or do I really?
 

Hand in hand, we walked back to Yun’s house. Before she stepped inside her home, I softly held both sides of her head and planted a small kiss on her forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow,” I softly whispered and watched her go inside.
 

Today would have to be one of the happiest nights of my life. Without really thinking about it, I was handling this date like how I really would have done it instead of acting. I wonder why.


Part two of Day 12 is up! Updates will be posted every other week now. :(( SOWWEY SUBBIES 33

- 110 subbers .. :'DD Thank you so much readers for getting me to 110! ^^ I really appreciate the comments you guys leave me. :') <3 I hope you guys enjoy the upcoming chapters! :D
Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3