Day 27: Ugh. Relationships.

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

 

Day 27 : Ugh. Relationships.

I opened my window to the fresh California air that smelt of cheeseburgers and fries a majority of the time. I reached over to my desk top and the fan. The weather here was much more hotter than how it was in South Korea! I gulped down a bottle of water and went over the English booklet that I had gotten from my dad. It had only been a week living in the states and it was already feeling like hell. I needed something to get my mind off of things.

I reached over for my phone, picking it up. It was only 3PM here which meant ... it was 6AM there! Ilhoon will just be getting up for school. I quickly texted him, "Good morning Hoonie~" I received a text immediately I had sent the good morning text. "Good morning Yunnie!" You might think it's pretty cheesy and gross for us to be calling each other pathetic names, but hey, that's how we rolled~

We would always tell each other how much we missed each other every moment we could. I guess you could say things were going well, for now. "Hey, Yun. I wanna try this web cam thing. I really miss seeing your face! And I really wanna see how your weight loss plan is coming around." Yeap. Even without Ilhoon by my side I was still determined to move on and continue to lose weight. I chuckled at the text. "Yes! I'd love to! I'll wake up extra early so I can talk to you." This whole "timezone" thing was difficult since he was literally on the other side of the world, but in order to stay together, we had to do this.

Ilhoon sent a goodbye text when he left for school and promised to text me when he was at lunch.

I left my phone on my desk as I lied down on my bed. What a tiring day.

-

School was okay, I guess. For awhile I needed a translater beside me since I didn't know English very well. But it'd help if I started learning it a bit. America was so much different than Korean, obviously. The things they ate here and how everything was! The streets, how the school system was, and you didn't have to wear a uniform! It was a huge change for me, but I was already starting to get used to it.

I gotta say that I've met a few Korean people and that has gotten me some friends for once. It was a great chance to make actual friends without them having to know too much about my past. I felt great, for awhile. The only thing missing was Ilhoon. I learned to deal with it for half the first week I was here but it was hard. A method I used to continue losing weight was the fact that the next time I was going to see Ilhoon again I'd be much skinnier and healthly. I've kept that goal to myself and I'm determined to reach it.

Living with my dad was kind of ... abnormal. I'd forgotten how it felt to live with my dad and now that there was a foreigner in the house, I felt like I could never speak Korean towards my dad; my dad would always yell at me to speak English so "Samantha" could understand. Samantha... that was my dad's girlfriend's name. It was extremely difficult being able to accept another woman into my life with my dad considering the fact that I'd gotten used to my Ex Step mom.

I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible. I got a job at a cafe that I had purposely taken since it was right after school and it lasted until 9 PM. Sadly, I only worked there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So, I was stuck at home for the remaining days or trying my hardest to join in actitivites my friends were in.

Everytime I encountered Samantha, I felt like I was taking an English exam. So I pretty much avoided her as much as possible.

---

I tiredly opened my eyes to the beeping of my alarm. Squinting my eyes at the time, I turned the alarm off. Then it hit me. Ilhoon and I were going to web cam! I shot up from my bed and quickly got myself ready for school so when Ilhoon and I finished web camming, I could just get up and go to school.

"Wakey wakey, sleepy head!" I laughed at the text; right on time. I powered up the laptop my dad bought me and waited for Ilhoon's Skype call. I hesitated to press the answer button; I didn't know if I was suppose to cry or scream because I was so excited to see him. Slowly, I pressed the answer button. Ilhoon sat there, his face up to the webcam. " .. Yun? Can you see me? HELLLLLOO??" I covered my mouth as I laughed. "Yes, pabo! I can see and hear you clearly!" We both laughed. "Wahh .. has my Yun gotten prettier?" I blushed. His words still gave me butterflies. "Hmmm. Are you sure it's not just my Ilhoon who's gotten more handsome?" I smirked while my chin.

"I miss you," we both happened to say in unison. We talked a bit about how life was for us so far. "Have you been going through with your weight loss plan?" I nodded and smiled. "I currently weigh 169! I'm getting there!" Ilhoon widened his eyes. "Wow .. you weren't kidding! You better not be starving yourself!" I shook my head. "The gym membership here is way more cheaper than it is in Korea~" We both continued the conversation like so; I talked to him about how it was like in America and he talked about how things got together with his dance crew.

I sighed as I took a glance at the clock. 10 minutes until I'd have to be in the school doors. I frowned at the screen; I felt like I was going to cry. Yeah, there'd be other oppurtunities to webcam with him, but saying goodbye to him now reminded me of when I said goodbye to him at the airport. "What's wrong?" "I gotta go soon..." "Oh.. I'll let you go. Text me, ara? And we shall webcam again sometime!" His childishness never failed to make me smile. I nodded at him and waved him goodbye. "Hold up! ...Since we'll be seeing each other again, why not say ... see you later?" Saying that made me feel a little bit better since it wasn't technically the same thing as saying goodbye. I smiled and blew a kiss into the webcam. "See you later, Hoonie! I love you!" He did the same and we both ended the Skype call at the same time.

So, this is how life would be for the rest of the year. Yeah, it's tough. Graduation day; that's what I was shooting for. Then, I could go back to Korea and attend college there. I had it all planned out. I grabbed my backpack and set off the school.


Updates will be posted every other week now. :(( SOWWEY SUBBIES.

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. IF YOU WANT, HIT ME UP ON TUMBLR @PIKAJ3W3L  & @CALMYOUROPPAI  OR INSTAGRAM @PIKAJ3W3L :DDDD

Thanks subbies for getting this fanfic to 147 subs <3

What did you think about this chapter? ;D 

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3
[ Was typed in one sitting; as a lazy writer, I didn't pre-read it. ouo ]