Day 09: Study Buddie?

Confessions Of A Fat Girl (Currently editing! Please view comment section.)

 

Day 09: Study Buddie?

Everyday for the past week he's shown up right on time for the afterschool tutoring. I was surprised, actually. The library was usually packed everytime Jooheon came and sat by me. All eyes were on him and rumors started. He didn't look like he cared much. Everyday I just thought... Once the test is over and he aces it, we'll never say a word to each other again. I mean, c'mon. The only reason why he talked to me was for help. All we ever talked about were math equations and problems. I shouldn't expect anything from this afterwards. 

-

"I really hope I ace this test." He seemed worried as he tapped his pencil repeatedly on the wooden table. "Don't worry, you will," I said encouragingly. "Yeah, thanks to you." A boost of confidence struck me right then. I don't know why I felt warm and gushy inside. No one has ever really thanked me for anything. 

We were just about to leave when he suddenly stopped me. I thought it was maybe because I had dropped something. "Hmm?" I turned around, hoping not to hit any chairs. Mumbling under his breath, he spoke, "Do you... want me to walk you home?" I questioned him deeply. Walk me home? I've gone home alone before, why do you decide to ask now? I cleared my throat and raised a brow at him. "Walk me home? It's okay, you're pretty busy after these study sessions." Before he could reply, I turned back around and made my way out the library doors and outside into the cold. 

The cold wind blew onto my face, sending goosebumps and chills down my spine. I should really get a warmer coat, but any other layers would make me look like a marshmallow. A warm hand suddenly tugged onto my hood, making me jerk my head back and wince in pain. "Gaacck! What the-" I was about to punch whoever was behind me. "Why the HELL-" I settled down as I noticed the tall and skinny figure in the dimmed light. "Jooheon? What're you doing here? Following me?" He smiled sheepishly. "Mhm." He casually walked by my side as I confusingly raised a brow. "I have a confession." What kind of confession? I blanked. "What is it?" He sighed and looked like he was about to cry and dramatically whined. "SCIENCE TEST NEXT WEEK. Could you heeeeelp me?" Suddenly, he changed from a serious person to a whiney, pleading little kid. I uttered, questioning his sudden change in character, "Uhh, sure." His expression bursted in happiness, nearly looking like he was going to shoot into the sky like a rocket. "You don't know how appreciative I am. Genuinely, thank you. Let me walk you home, at least." An exaggerated sigh escaped, my head slowly nodding. "Alright, alright. Just this once." We then continued on the road that always felt lonely, but for once felt a little warm. 

The walk home was quiet, yet pleasant. I realized most of our conversations were on the subject of school, and the only thing I really knew about him was that he was in a dance group. I wanted to ask him questions, try to start a conversation, but my mouth wouldn't open. The thoughts of this being a one time thing and that we're not even friends, just classmates, kept running through my head. I held back and just enjoyed the walk home. He didn't seem to mind, judging by his hands in his pockets and the close distance he had to me. 

-

When we came closer to my house, I stopped at the corner. Turning to him, I said, "I'll see you next week?" He nodded with a small smile. "See you next week." In minutes, he was already down the lightened road we had walked on.

-

I lied in my bed as I shifted around in my baggy sweat pants and t-shirt. Nothing really fit me besides sweat pants and really big shirts. I still managed to fit in the largest skirt size and shirt size of our school uniform; both could be used as a bed spread and blanket. I could already feel the extra 2 pounds filling into my thighs and arms. With a sigh, I pulled the covers over my shoulders and fell asleep. Thank god it's Friday. 

-

Saturday

*knock knock knock* C'mon. It's Saturday morning. Who's knocking on our door on a Saturday? I really didn't want to get up. I took a quick peek at my clock that stood on my night stand; 9:30AM. At this point, I was just pleading for someone to open the door! One last knock and the door was finally opened, probably from one of the twins. "Aigoo.. Nugu," Seulki groaned tiredly. "Oh, mian for coming so early. I was hoping everyone would be up by now." Her eyes widened at the good looking figure that stood in front of the door, patting down her bed head. "Hmm... You're pretty handsome~ Who exactly are you looking for?" He cleared his throat, realizing maybe this was a bad time. "Yun...? Is Yun here?" Her expression went from memorized to surprised immediately. "Y-Yun? Ahh, I see. Yah, Fatty! Someone's here for you." 

Fatty. Someone had summoned me. I rolled out of bed lazily, curious to whatever idiot decided to show up on a Saturday. I grabbed a sweater to put on over my t-shirt that showed my many rolls.

My vision was still slightly blurry as I rubbed my eyes and made my pounding steps down the stairs. "You called?" My eyes were half opened as I half hid behind the door. "I said someone was here to see you." Seulki (the other twin to Seulmi), had fully opened the door and scoffed, walking down the hall to the living room. What was her problem? I stood in the place where she was and looked straight at the person whom was standing out of our front door. 

I blinked a view times at the person. Was I really seeing this? It was like an angelic brightness bursting from outside. "Are you okay, Yun?" Jooheon? "Yeah. Did I come too early?" Why was he even here in the first place? "Hold on... why're you here?" He held up the science text book he had in his other hand. "Study for the Science test?" What the. On the weekend? "Oh! That's today? I thought you wanted to study during the week." The atmosphere grew silent. He broke the silence with, "WELLLLL, you wouldn't mind giving up your lovely Saturday, would you?" He grinned widely as he entered my home, already slipping off his shoes and slipping into a pair of guest slippers. "I didn't say you could-" From behind me, I felt a presence."Oh, Yun, who's this young and handsome man?" I felt myself face palm my forehead. Great. Now that Eomma's seen him, there's no way to getting him out of the house. 

"Ahh! Annyeonghaseyo! Lee Jooheon imnida!" A huge smile swept across his face. He was really polite towards elders, I could see. Funny. I didn't even consider this person a "friend" and he was already meeting my family. If this really is a set up by him and he's fishing for things to make fun of me while I'm outside of school, well, the Queenkas and Kingkas win this match.

-

Once everyone had their own fun with their greetings and first impressions, they finally left us alone. Eomma took all the kids with her to the super market while Jooheon and I looked through his notes and textbook at the kitchen table. To be honest, he really at science. It being a Saturday, I was a little irritated by his sudden visitation and confronted him about it. "Why're you always coming to me for help? I'm the "fat girl." I know you know who I am, you hangout with the people that make fun of me. Doesn't that embarass you?" Okay, maybe I was being more upfront than I intended. He blinked as he was trying to think of answers. "The reason for why I always go to you for help is because you're top ranked in our whole school! I'm sure with your help I could be as intelligent as you. And am I suppose to be embarassed? I know lots of people spread rumors about you, but I tend to not pay attention. I kind of mind my own business and focus on my work." He shrugged and went on with his work. I guess it's not the fact that he didn't care, but the fact that he didn't even know he wasn't suppose to interfere with me if he didn't want his life down the drain. It made sense why I didn't recognize him. He was the one always in the back, doing his own thing while his friends threw comments at me. 

-

After he left, I went back up to my room while the twins followed behind me. Before I could even close the doors, the twins had already slipped into my room. "Unnie! Who was that insanely cuuuuute Oppa?!" They squealed like crazy fangirls. "Mwolla," I said calmly. I really didn't know him too well. "Liar!" They both yelled in unison. Seulki, who was the first to see him that morning, approached me with glaring eyes. "If you don't know who he is, then why was he here? He'd been here all day. Wae, Unnie? Wae?" I blinked at her weirdness. They were obviously only bothering me to know who he was because he was handsome. "Err, he's just someone I tutor. If you actually listened to what we were talking about instead of just dreamingly watching from the couch, you would know what we were talking about." "But Unnie! How did you end up with him? You're fat and ugly." Ahh, just like their mother. I didn't answer their question and started pushing them out the door. "Well, he's not coming over anymore!" I slammed my door shut and locked it.

Although I didn't answer their questions, I thought about them all night. This could still be part of a plan. His explanations could've been a script given by the Queenkas for him to memorize. Then again, he's a genuinely nice guy who's proven he's serious about his work. Did this ... make us Study Buddies?! I shook my head in doubt. This is just one of those times where someone needs help, you gladly help, then you never interact with that person again. That's right, Yun. Don't get your hopes up too high. The negative thoughts continue piling and I couldn't stop them. I was too upset to eat dinner that night, so I really didn't eat for a day in a half. I should lay off eating for awhile anyway, if I want these "fat" comments to stop at home. It's even harder at school, I can hear the comments. Oh look. Piggy's finally losing weight! She won't lose all that fat until she's 40! Then she'll be an old hag with flabbly skin. I really didn't want to think about it anymore. Instead, I blasted music as it was even heard outside of the head phones. I laid on my bed, still in my sweats and sweater and fell asleep. That's when I realized, the whole time Jooheon was here, I still had a dirty face, unbrushed teeth, messy bunned hair, and I was still wearing what I slept in.


 Day 09 is up! :D How'd you like this chapter compared to the second one? Better... Worse? Please give me your feedback! :]] 

Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, Share! \o/ Thanks Subbies <3 -PikaChugaChu3