Chapter 31

Strong

"It's.... because..."

I started to stare at Tiffany, and she suddenly stopped talking again.

“Why won't you tell me?” I questioned her.

“I’m sorry...” Tiffany got off of the couch and walked away from me once again.

I really wondered what had happened that she must be so sad about?

~~~

I lifted myself up and sat on the counter with an apple in my hand. I tossed it around in my hands before taking a bite of the apple.

I sat there just munching away on my apple when I heard sobbing that was coming around from the corner.

I jumped off of the counter and walked towards the cries, I found Tiffany curled up in a ball leaning against the side of a wall and bawling her eyes out.

I dropped the apple to the floor and ran to Tiffany and threw my arms around her.

“What happened?”

No response, just more sobs.

I guess that I shouldn’t ask her this question anymore.

It seems to make everything worse.

I ran to the fridge and pulled out a bucket of strawberry ice cream and a spoon then ran back to Tiffany.

“I’m sorry for asking Tiff, here’s some ice cream. Its your favourite!” I smiled, trying to cheer her up with the bucket of ice cream that was freezing up my hands.

Tiffany looked up and smiled a bit seeing the tub of ice cream.

She grabbed the spoon and tub out of my hands and opened it up and started to eat out of the large tub of pink ice cream.

I smiled, seeing the younger girl eating happily in front of me.

~~~

“Mummy!” Jessie ran out of her bedroom and toppled on top of me.

“Hey baby,” I swung her around and made her sit on my lap.

Tiffany looked at the two of us and started smiling even wider.

“Whatcha doing hm?” I rocked her back and forth.

“IM BORED MUMMY!” She wiggled in my arms trying to escape of my grasp.

“Aha, go to Jiyong appa and ask for food,” I said, knowing her love for the precious food.

She quickly escaped and ran towards the other side of the house screaming, “APPA I WANT FOOD!!!”

Tiffany and I chuckled at the little girls antics.

“Weird girl eh? Her love for food is as strong as Sooyoungie's too,” Tiffany said.

“Hah, yeah. And she can run as fast as all of us combined too. Little bolt of energy she is.” I spoke.

“Yep,” Tiffany said a bit awkwardly.

“Yep...” I copied.

How awkward...I thought to myself for a second.

No one was talking, and we were both just sitting there.

“So do you want to go shopping?” I questioned her.

“Shopping. With you?”

“Yup. So is it a yes?”

“AW HAIL NAAW!” Tiffany dropped the bucket of ice cream and walked away dramatically.

“Fine! Be  that way! I’ll go shopping myself!” I stomped off faking a cry.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me.

“OKAY, OKAY, OKAY! I’ll go with you. Please, just don't cry.” She turned me around and smiled. I smiled too.

“Faked!” I wiped away the faux tear and grinned.

“Ugh!” Tiffany groaned.

“You still have to come though,” I grabbed her wrist and pulled her up to the room. “Now change.” I pointed to the closet. “And I will be changing in my own room,” I smiled before leaving and closing the door behind me for her to have some privacy.