Chapter 20

Strong

 

“Vacay time!” A voice ringed into my ears.

I opened my eyes slowly to see an eye shaped like a crescent right in front of my face.

“Yah! What are you doing scaring me like that!?” I yelled at Tiffany, thwacking her in her forehead before sitting up in my bed.

She just sighed and sat on the edge of my bed.

“We have to get up early today. Today, we are going to ... NEW YORK BABY!” Tiffany stood up, jumping around like a young child.

I nodded and motioning my hand to get her to leave the room so that I could get my stuff ready.

I looked over at Mini Sica who was sleeping rather soundly. It was time for her to wake up anyway, so I poked her side.

“Sica-ssi, wake up baby. We’re going to New York,” I whispered into her ear.

Slowly, she got up. She was still half asleep, but awake enough to realize her surroundings.

~~~

“Umma, I'm hungry.” She said rubbing her tummy, as I was packing both of our bags.

“Arasso, let mummy finish putting this in your bag and then we’ll go down for some pancakes arasso?”

I saw Mini Sica nod as she walked back to the bed and sitting down on to it.

~~~

I was watching Taeyeon as she was making the pancakes.

“Yahh, the food you make is like great!” I exclaimed as Taeyeon had put a plate of pancakes in front of Mini Sica and I.

“Yeah, and the food you make is just horrendous!” Taeyeon joked.

Me and Mini Sica started to gobble down all of the pancakes in front of us.

Just then, we could hear Sooyoung coming down from the stairs.

Me and Taeyeon started to chant, ‘Duh dum, duh dum, du dum, du dum, du dum!’ (Like those suspense sound thingies in horror movies).

Meanwhile, Mini Sica had been staring at the both of us.

“Yah! Why didn’t you tell me that there were pancakes?” Sooyoung yelled at us. She pushed herself  in between me and Mini Sica, grabbing a pancake and shoving it into . “His Fwaste Fwate!” she exclaimed.

“Soo unnie!” Mini Sica gave Sooyoung a disapproving look. “Not polite at all! Don't do that next time!” Mini Sica scolded her.

Sooyoung bowed her head to the young child and said, “Mianhe ajumma,”

Sooyoung quickly turned around and dashed up the stairs as Mini Sica was transforming into Mini HellSica and chasing after Sooyoung.

“IM NOT AN AJUMMA! DO YOU WANT TO DIE UNNIE?”

I burst out laughing. She was still using honorifics as she was threatening Sooyoung.

~~~

I was keeping my watch on the stairwell as Sooyoung had down with her hands above her head. I could see that Mini Sica had tied Sooyoung's legs together, so she could only make small movements.

“Baby, you’re so smart!” I walked up to her and gave her a high five.

~~~

I dragged the suitcases down the stairs with Yoona and Yuri following behind me. We were going to stay in New York for a week.

We had planned on going shopping. Well, more like I had planned to go shopping. And I was going to drag all of the girls along with me.

I couldn’t go shopping alone with Mini Sica now could I? It wouldn’t be as fun if I wasn’t with the other girls!

We boarded the plane, and I was sitting beside Mini Sica. First Class every single time we go somewhere.

Yoona and Yuri were on my right and Tiffany and Taeyeon were on my left. Sooyoung and Sunny were in front of me and Mini Sica, and Hyoyeon and Seohyun were sitting in front of Yuri and Yoona.

Here we go...

~~~

“Umma... my stomach hurts!” Mini Sica whined as she pulled on my arm.

“Do you need to go to the bathroom?” I asked her.

She shook her head. “I’m hungry...”

“Already?” I questioned.

She nodded her head.

“Okay,”

I pressed on the service button in front of me, and soon enough, a person appeared beside me asking if there was anything needed.

“My daughter here is a bit hungry, do you have anything for her to eat?” I questioned.

“Uh yes, we have some fruits if she would want any.”

I looked over at Mini Sica, and she nodded frantically. I guess she was like super hungry.

I told the person yes and the person left to get the fruits for Mini Sica.

~~~

“Umma?” Mini Sica asked after finishing her fruits.

“Yes baby?”

“Can we walk around the plane for a bit? My legs are sore.” She told me.

I nodded and we both headed towards the Economy class part of the plane.

As we walked down, Mini Sica ran up to people and smiled at them. Giving the people many questions and then saying goodbye and leaving. She did it repeatedly.

Mini Sica had ran off again, but this time, I couldn’t find her.

I quickly ran off to the people that usually serve things on the plane and asked to make an announcement about my missing daughter. They let me do it and handed the the thing that was like a phone.

“Hello everyone, I have a daughter that has light brown hair and big eyes. Her name is Kwon Jessica. If anyone knows where she is, please report to me immediately!” I quickly handed the phone back before heading to the girls and informing them about the problem.

They all quickly got out of their seat and went searching along with me.


I walked through the airplane searching for my daughter. I had looked in every bathroom and asked everyone that I had passed if they had seen a young little girl wandering on her own. But everyone said no. Everyone said that they hadn’t seen a small girl run through these parts of the plane.

What if she was kidnapped?

What if she was stolen by some crazy people?

What would I do!?

I made my pace faster as I walked through the aisles and peeked through every space that I had a right to peek in.

I was walking on the right side on the plane when I could hear banging coming from somewhere. What if that was Mini Sica!?

I quickly followed the sound and I met it. It was coming from the storage which where the carry-on bag would be.

I slid open the door and there she was.

My baby was trapped in such a small space!

“Umma!” Mini Sica cried jumping into my arms.

“Umma... my parents. They’re here,” she whimpered.

“Its alright baby, I found you.” I shook her back and forth in my arms.

I grabbed the phone like object to inform everyone that my baby was found.

I walked back to our seats and sat her down in her seat.

“Baby, go to sleep. I’ll watch you. Don't worry, no one will get you as long as I’m here.” I informed her as I watched her drift off into her sleep.