Chapter 13

Strong

 

Those tears were coming to me again. I picked up Mini Sica and grabbed Tiffany’s hand pushing out of the crowd and walking out of the mall.

“Stupid freaking Jiyong!” I screamed.

“Ummaaaaa,” Mini Sica cried covering her ears and crying.

“Oh, I'm sorry baby” I rocked her back and forth while still letting my tears pour down my face.

“What did he do this time huh?” Tiffany questioned to me.

“I saw him faces with some girl against a wall,” I said blankly but then again, it wasn’t as cold as I wanted it to be because I had tears rolling down my cheeks making me seem very vulnerable.

“I’m going to kill that Jessica. Don't worry.” I heard a voice ring out. That was when I knew that we weren’t alone.

The rest of my oppa’s and members were all surrounded me as I just cried and cried. Some of them were patting my back, Tiffany was wiping my tears with her very own sleeve, Taeyeon put her arm around me to comfort me. And it worked. I put my head onto Taeyeon’s shoulder calming down a bit.

“Yo whatsup?” I heard a voice. “Woah... why is she crying?” Jiyong pointed at me. Everyone ignored him, still giving their attention to me. “Why isn’t anyone talking to me?... It’s all your ing fault you Jessi!” Jiyong yelled and ran up to me slapping me in the face. And I fell to the floor.

I didn’t stop him. Instead, I just cried even harder. Luckily, Seunghyun oppa was here. I heard the sounds of punches and kicks being thrown. They were all because of me. Because I decided to fall for a person like him. To fall for him. His playboy ways. I should have known. But I didn’t. How could I be so stupid?

I stood up from the floor and running from all of them. I needed to think. I knew it was my last day with Mini Sica. WAIT. I stopped in my tracks and walked back.

“ Sica Baby, lets go.” I said. I saw her appear behind Seunghyun running into my arms. She was the same as me. Crying her eyes out. I never thought I would see a little girl go from so happy to so depressed.

I carried her into a forest where there was a small stream. I took off my shoes and laying my feet in the cold, but refreshing, water.

Mini Sica had done the same thing. She sat down beside me, pulling off the small sneakers and socks, setting them off to the side and sliding her feet in the water.

“I hate Jiyong. Jiyong’s a stupid man,” Mini Sica whimpered.

I put my hand on her back, caressing it. “I know baby, he is a bad man.”

“He hit you...” this little girl was so smart. How could I ever let go of her now? “I don't want to leave you umma... I don't want to leave if that means that he could come back and hurt you umma...”

“I know baby. But today is your last day.” I cried pulling her into my lap and my tears fell into her hair spilling down the sides. “I will make it special for you. And you only baby. Arasso?”

The young girl nodded lightly. I saw her face was getting red. I could feel mine too. I didn’t want to leave her either. I think I'm the person that didnt want her to leave the most. But you have to let kids go so they can grow right?

I hugged her tightly, “Lets just go get some ice cream okay?” I asked her and she nodded. I hopped that the ice cream would make her feel better.

But it didn’t. She didn’t even eat any of it. She just stared at it.

“Umma? Can’t I just stay with you forever? I don't want to go back home. My real umma and appa hurt me...” she told me. She lifted up the jean leg and I saw it. a huge scar along her leg. I nodded frantically. I can't leave this kid with those people.

“Umma will take care of you forever. I promise.” I told her holding out my pinky finger. I promise Jessica Kwon.