CALL

Start Again (Sequel)

I stared at the wreck in front of me.The car knocked mine really bad.
 
I went to the driver's door and knocked on his window.
 
He came out slowly,and stumbled a bit.
 
He was drunk and he kept apologizing to me.He didn't even lift his head up to look at me.
 
I didn't know what to say,I just felt happy that Jinhyun was okay,but I felt angry that Jinhyun's safety was put at risk.
 
The police came and a crowd was surrounding us.
 
The other car's windscreen was smashed,worse than mine.
 
It was a miracle that I came out totally unscathed.
 
That guy was also in pain but kept trying to make sure the baby and I were fine.
 
He sounded really familiar though.
 
My mother came after a while and scolded the guy really bad.
 
Even the police had to hold her back before she ripped him apart.
 
"Are you okay Miss?"
 
I nodded towards Chauffeur Jin,"We're fine,we might have to stay up to settle this though."
 
He looked towards the ruined cars and nodded,"Got it Miss."
 
He started making phone calls to our lawyer and informing my father and stuff.
 
I went to get my mother,"Umma,kwenchana,we're fine."
 
"What do you mean you're fine?!You're expecting and you've not gone for a check up just yet Miss Fine,plus he needs to compensate for causing you trauma and almost dying!"
 
I sighed while the driver was busy apologizing again and again.
 
I stared at him for a while,he looked really familiar.
 
Then my eyes widened,"M-Myungsoo?"
 
He wiped the blood off his face roughly and looked at me,he was obviously stupidly drunk.
 
"What,Hyunmin?!"
 
He stared at me and my mother looked between us,"You know this idiot?!"
 
"Umma,lets just settle this fast,please."
 
I grabbed my mother's hand and Chauffeur Jin came over,bowing at us slightly.
 
"Madam,Mr Lee is on his way to the police station,we can go over now."
 
The police brought all of us to the police station and we sat there taking statements.
 
It was really awkward,because this isn't the first time Myungsoo and I were at the station.
 
My father crashed in and hugged me tight,"My dear,are you okay?"
 
He pulled away and I nodded,"We're fine."
 
He sighed and my mother came over,"Yeobo,this is bad,we need to get her to go for a check up."
 
My father agreed immediately and got straight on the phone to talk to our lawyer.
 
Myungsoo kept sighing and grumbling to himself.
 
I didn't dare approach him,even though its been a few years,I still didn't know him that well.
 
"Yah."
 
I looked at him and he motioned for me to sit next to him.
 
I did,but a space away.
 
"So,I suppose you're married now?"
 
I nodded.
 
"Daehyun's kid?"
 
I nodded again.
 
"You're still scared of me?"
 
I shrugged.
 
"What does that mean?"
 
I looked up and thought about it,"I'm not sure if I'm still scared of you,wary maybe,not much of scared."
 
He chuckled,"Wow,you're still that sharp girl I used to know."
 
"You didn't really know me anyway."
 
Jinhyun started moving,he didn't want me to talk with this guy.I told him a short story about what happened last time and he wasn't very happy.
 
"You think I'm crazy right?"
 
I glanced at him,"Yeah,I guess."
 
He laughed,"You think I would go after a girl I don't know of?"
 
"Well nothing is impossible if you're crazy."
 
He laughed again,"You make a really cool mother,but I don't just go after any girl."
 
"What does that mean?"
 
He looked at me painfully,"Do you know what its like to miss someone like crazy?"
 
I nodded,"Tell me about it."
 
He chuckled,"You've got experience,anyway,I don't know why,but during those times,any girl would come to me,but you.I wanted to be accepted by everyone,but only you weren't interested."
 
"And it was a problem because?"
 
"I don't know,that seemed to attract me,then I started watching you,and realised you were getting really close to Daehyun which bothered me because I wanted you to notice me and yet you would notice the most unnoticeable person in school."
 
Jinhyun was really uncomfortable,he kept moving.
 
"So either way,every time I couldn't see you,I felt like dying,I just missed you,I wanted you so badly."
 
"No,you just wanted my attention."
 
"Maybe,I don't know,but it drove me off the edge,every time you were with Daehyun."
 
My phone rang and I stared at it for a while.
 
"Go ahead,pick it up,your husband must want to tell you why he's not here."
 
I rolled my eyes and answered,"Ye-"
 
"Lee Hyunmin don't try to talk or explain anything to me with your voice in that condition,I'm coming over now."
 
"Honey-"
 
"Jinhyun ah,appa is coming,wait for a while."
 
"Jung Daehyun!"
 
Long pause.
 
"Babe?"
 
"Honey I'm fine."
 
I could sense him smile for a while,"Oh god I missed your voice."
 
I giggled,"You would have heard my voice a week ago if you called dear."
 
"Crap,you can call me too you know?"
 
"Just didn't want to disturb you."
 
He sighed angrily,"I told you,I'm never too busy for you or Jinhyun."
 
"I know."
 
"Whatever it is,I'm coming over,I'm gonna face that drunk idiot that hit you,what's his name?"
 
I looked at Myungsoo,"Erm,his name is Myungsoo."
 
Long silence.
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Kim Myungsoo."
 
Myungsoo leaned over,"Yeah its me,I'm with your wife right now."
 
I pushed him away,"Damn it,shut up you drunkard."
 
Daehyun was breathing heavily and Jinhyun moved.He wanted to see his father.
 
Soon.
 
"I'm coming over babe."
 
He hung up and I glared at Myungsoo,"Nice one you arse."
 
He chuckled,"He must be rushing over now."
 
I sighed,"How can he make it for his schedules now?"
 
"Oh right,he's an idol now isn't he?No wonder he's not here,but funny thing,shouldn't you be in Seoul with him?"
 
"None of your business,and for goodness sake,don't drive when you're drunk,its bloody dangerous and I don't want Jinhyun to go through this again."
 
"You sound like this isn't the first time."
 
I glared at him,"Umma,is everything done?"
 
She came over to me,staring at her phone,"Yes dear,the police have taken your statement so you're fine now,I'll let Mr Choi settle the rest for us."
 
Mr Choi was our lawyer.
 
Myungsoo sighed,"Out of all the people to offend."
 
"Young man,whoever you are,whether you know my daughter or not,its a crime to drive when you've drunk alcohol."
 
Myungsoo stood up and bowed,"Chesuhamida,I won't do it again."
 
I watched him,he's been apologizing non stop,and he must have drunk that much for a reason.
 
"Okay dear,lets go home,your father needs to rest for tomorrow's meeting,but he's thinking of canceling it because of you."
 
"Ah,he really,umma can Myungsoo go back too?"
 
She eyed him,"Okay,but the police may contact him again,Mr Choi will definitely get in touch with you."
 
We went back home and I persuaded my dad to carry on with his meeting.He agreed if I went for a check up and my mum would accompany me.
 
It was a long night,and I fell asleep with Jinhyun almost immediately.

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N:Wow Myungsoo is back! Okay I put him back in to have a proper closure because Jaejoong and Daehyun's cousin both had proper endings. I guess,well thanks to my subscribers and please comment!